Give back the ability to use the unasembled's from raids for alts please

As the title says allow me to play my main to get gear that i can turn in and legacy to a alt. Why do you hate alts so much bioware?

You still can unless its the 246's blues and purples that drop from NiM content. Just trade in the token for that particular class, remember to toggle all class option because your spec is now the default search option with vendors, then buy it, pull the mods outs, pop it into legacy gear, then transfer it.

BIG NOTE: did you toggle the vendor search to show all classes and specs?

This was another feature introduced to make life easier for players yet I have seen so many people that completely confuses this. Didn't need a change but of course there was someone that thought it's super high priority to get in game instead of some other things.

This is shows in the 5.2 patch notes here:

Gear vendors will now only show your Disciplines gear by default. If there isn’t Discipline-specific gear, all items will be shown.

A dropdown menu has been added to gear vendors allowing you to switch to other Discipline’s gear, or to show all available items on that vendor.

This is shows in the 5.2 patch notes here:

Gear vendors will now only show your Disciplines gear by default. If there isn’t Discipline-specific gear, all items will be shown.

A dropdown menu has been added to gear vendors allowing you to switch to other Discipline’s gear, or to show all available items on that vendor.

thank you for this info...

If you want to gear your alts then PLAY YOUR ALTS.

If all you want to do is play your main then why the need to gear your alts at all?

O_o

I got all my main raids toons Sin and PT tank gear from my Merc and Sniper PvP cause BW idiotically thought NiM should only have half loot table for final bosses and rest random pieces. So when can I get all of my gear from the hardest content on my mains? K thnxbai.

Edited by FerkWork

Make Unassembled legacy-wide.

Components, Yes, The actual tokens No.

If you want to gear your alts then PLAY YOUR ALTS.

If all you want to do is play your main then why the need to gear your alts at all?

O_o

The OP was concerned as to why he could not buy token gear from the vendor of another class so he could transfer that gear in legacy gear. EX: Jedi Sentinel Combat Spec and your trying to get a 230 gear piece with components for your Scoundrel Sawbones spec.

In 5.1 all of the gear was shown on interaction.

In 5.2 by default the vendor will only show items related to your spec, so the OP was wondering why he couldn't (using the example above) find 230 scoundrel healer gear when he interacted with the vendor on his Jedi Sentinel. The solution being you need to toggle all classes on whenever you interact with the vendor because of the new defaults.

Plus 5.2 is still extremely alt unfriendly (not as bad as 5.0 or 5.1). I have 8 mains only 3 are tier 3 in GC and with only just recently having ops bosses having guarantee drops from ops gearing progression is hardly any for most of my alts because it was a pain to gear outside of pvp grind.

I got all my main raids toons Sin and PT tank gear from my Merc and Sniper PvP cause BW idiotically thought NiM should only have half loot table for final bosses and rest random pieces. So when can I get all of my gear from the hardest content on my mains? K thnxbai.

Why do you need the best gear for alts you don't play?

Let's say you get your Sin and PT tank into the best gear... then what? What do you need to even play them for if you've already got the best stuffs?

The OP was concerned as to why he could not buy token gear from the vendor of another class so he could transfer that gear in legacy gear. EX: Jedi Sentinel Combat Spec and your trying to get a 230 gear piece with components for your Scoundrel Sawbones spec.

Specifics don't matter. The spirit of the OP is: gear alts by playing main.

So I'll ask again: why the need to gear your alts if you don't play them? If you've geared all of your alts using your main then what's left to play for with your alts?

Let's say you get your Sin and PT tank into the best gear... then what? What do you need to even play them for if you've already got the best stuffs?

So I'll ask again: why the need to gear your alts if you don't play them? If you've geared all of your alts using your main then what's left to play for with your alts?

He could be like me who plays 8 alts (they are really like 8 mains to me) all the time constantly (each alt is 1 of each mirrored advanced class sentinel, commando, shadow, scoundrel, juggernaut, sorcerer, powertech, and sniper) and may be also like me in having both sets of gear if the class has a tank/heal spec too because im multi purpose :D sometimes its just better to have a base 230 set right away on your alts or if your like me and have duplicate 236 legendary items and want to trade it in for a 242 that you have already on that toon but to use it on another alt. (I have 4 236 belts on my scoundrel im liquidating them as i go along with UC's to convert them into 242 tokens belts for my sith jug and sith sorc where my scoundrel already has a 242 belt).

Because my main is a healer so he is needed more than the toon i enjoy playing ( Commando DPS )

No offense, Did you even read? My PT and My Sin are my mains. However since NiM loot is FUBAR I have to play my PvP alts to gear my mains since it's easier to farm people and components on a Merc or Sniper than a PT in regs or Ranked.

Well I can still gear my alts (especially if it is mirror class) if I get from a command box and put it on legacy gear and send it to them. The only thing I can't do is earpieces, implants or relic so again you can do this for your alts. The reason I do this is so my alts will be geared for the content I want to play them on and why does it matter why someone wants to gear their alts this way instead of taking the long way of gearing their alts. It doesn't affect you one way or the other.

Yup...you still can! I love the default window change though...it beats guessing like you had to do in the past.

The Force is with us - I agree with TUXs :)

Seriously, I'm out a couple hundred unassembled components because the naming conventions and tooltips for Operative gear vs Sniper gear are just not enough to differentiate in the vendor panel. My mistake, sure, but one that the pre 5.2 interface facilitated.

The Force is with us - I agree with TUXs :)

Seriously, I'm out a couple hundred unassembled components because the naming conventions and tooltips for Operative gear vs Sniper gear are just not enough to differentiate in the vendor panel. My mistake, sure, but one that the pre 5.2 interface facilitated.

Ouch!!! Did you happen to file a ticket? I know CS is easy to rip on by players, but imo, they've been outstanding for things like this.

No offense, Did you even read? My PT and My Sin are my mains. However since NiM loot is FUBAR I have to play my PvP alts to gear my mains since it's easier to farm people and components on a Merc or Sniper than a PT in regs or Ranked.

No, you CHOOSE to play your alts since you do not feel like putting forth the effort on your mains.

Any mod can be removed and moved between characters using legacy gear. The only left that each character has to <GASP> earn themselves is the "left side" pieces. That is a whole 5 out of 14 slots. I guess allowing people to use their over geared main, or OP alt to earn 2/3 of the gear their others toons need is not enough for some.

This thread is can be summed up with: "Let me collect the maximum reward on ALL my characters for putting forth the minimum effort only on the easiest character(s)."

Edited by Ratajack

As the title says allow me to play my main to get gear that i can turn in and legacy to a alt. Why do you hate alts so much bioware?

unassembled gear drops? those where never transferable to alts, you could only put the mods/enhancements/armoring in legacy gear and move them to alts and it still like this

Ouch!!! Did you happen to file a ticket? I know CS is easy to rip on by players, but imo, they've been outstanding for things like this.

I'd have to start caring about gear a lot more than I do now to have done that. That wasn't as painful as when I realized, days, maybe a week, later, that I had vendored a set of HSF boots that had a set bonus piece in them. Somehow. And of course all the ash and trash I'd sold since then had pushed it off the buy back page.

Honestly, gear is a bonus to me getting to play the game. I'll replace the unassembled components eventually, likewise the set armor piece will come again. It's all good.

unassembled gear drops? those where never transferable to alts, you could only put the mods/enhancements/armoring in legacy gear and move them to alts and it still like this

He brought this up because of the Vendor change in 5.2 because the OP believed, if you read the previous posts, That if you were, for example, a Jedi Sentinal Combat spec you could no longer go to the Jedi Consular Tier 2 vendor to purchase Jedi Consular gear for your alt.

The OP was unaware of the change making your class spec the default on the drop down so he couldn't see the jedi consular gear vendor items with set bonus unless he toggled the menu down to show all. Not how it was transferable.

The first part of the title backs it up "Give Back..." as shown in previous posts he is now aware of the change in 5.2 with vendors. Problem solved

Edited by josephxp

Because my main is a healer so he is needed more than the toon i enjoy playing ( Commando DPS )

You're saying that rather than play a character you enjoy you're better off suffering playing a different one just so you can play that one? How does that make any sense? Play your characters or else why bother making them?

O_o

You're saying that rather than play a character you enjoy you're better off suffering playing a different one just so you can play that one? How does that make any sense? Play your characters or else why bother making them?

O_o

Try and just pug ops on a dps toon and see how that goes...... I enjoy the game and am in a dead guid play off hours so ill play the toon that allows me to run a op.

He brought this up because of the Vendor change in 5.2 because the OP believed, if you read the previous posts, That if you were, for example, a Jedi Sentinal Combat spec you could no longer go to the Jedi Consular Tier 2 vendor to purchase Jedi Consular gear for your alt.

The OP was unaware of the change making your class spec the default on the drop down so he couldn't see the jedi consular gear vendor items with set bonus unless he toggled the menu down to show all. Not how it was transferable.

The first part of the title backs it up "Give Back..." as shown in previous posts he is now aware of the change in 5.2 with vendors. Problem solved

This was 100% the reason and im glad i asked i can now gear my fresh 70 slinger in 236/242 gear from ops runs with my healer who didnt need any of the gear.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.