Vector Hyllus - The LoveBug thread - Haters make your own :P

Cowoline

For the most part, I just tend to believe what the official SWTOR Encyclopedia says about their ages. Quinn's age ("37") actually makes the most sense to me because we have so much context to go with it. He could've been born right after the whole Talay thing and his age/comments make perfect sense.

The only ones I really side-eye are Nadia and Talos. According to the SWTOR:E, Nadia is 22. I call shenanigans. As for Talos, he was in the military, reached the rank of lieutenant, and then joined the Reclamation Service. It just seems, from the conversations, that he would have been in the Reclamation Service longer. I guess it comes down to whenever he was promoted to lieutenant, but eh, I figured he would be at least 30.

But I also can't remember if the Encyclopedia uses the start of the vanilla stories as reference, soo :confused::rolleyes:

* Oh, and I suspect Kaliyo lies about her age. Just a feeling. She'll be 40 and still claiming to be 29. :p

At least we know Vector's age for certain. :D I wouldn't care if he turned out to be older than 26, but thank goodness he's not 18/19 (sorry, Torian)!

I even get the feeling he'd side with my Agent if he knew about her working for SiS or hating the Empire.

Yeah, by the end of the Agent storyline there are so many reasons for both the agent and Vector to dislike the Empire, or aspects of it, that even though Vector is still pro-Empire, I think he would be understanding and accepting even if he disagreed.

Edited by knoXr

My agent is super light side so even if I run her through kotfe and kotet I doubt she'll do anything that's a deal breaker for Veector. Granted, the only way she's going into those messed up stories is if Vector comes back and hass a decent return. Maybe the negative response to the Quinn/Elara return will produce better content in the future. It's not likely, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt . . . again.

((Spoilers for new agents))

By the end of my agent's story they were both pretty fed up with the Empire. I did the fake death option and had Vector with me. So it worked well to headcanon that they ran off together.

For the most part, I just tend to believe what the official SWTOR Encyclopedia says about their ages. Quinn's age ("37") actually makes the most sense to me because we have so much context to go with it. He could've been born right after the whole Talay thing and his age/comments make perfect sense.

They all seem to fit them pretty well to me as well.

The only ones I really side-eye are Nadia and Talos. According to the SWTOR:E, Nadia is 22. I call shenanigans. As for Talos, he was in the military, reached the rank of lieutenant, and then joined the Reclamation Service. It just seems, from the conversations, that he would have been in the Reclamation Service longer. I guess it comes down to whenever he was promoted to lieutenant, but eh, I figured he would be at least 30.

But I also can't remember if the Encyclopedia uses the start of the vanilla stories as reference, soo :confused::rolleyes:

I realize some people question Nadia's 22, but some of that I feel is because they forget being 22 or just don't have enough friends to realize 22 does not mean mature. I've known some who weren't sheltered and were still naive. Nadia was sheltered. Easily see her being as innocent and naive as she is.

What would be good, is when she returns, to have her grown. None of the other companions have really seemed to have changed much, but Nadia could be a good one to have shifted in personality.

* Oh, and I suspect Kaliyo lies about her age. Just a feeling. She'll be 40 and still claiming to be 29. :p

At least we know Vector's age for certain. :D I wouldn't care if he turned out to be older than 26, but thank goodness he's not 18/19 (sorry, Torian)!

Yeah, by the end of the Agent storyline there are so many reasons for both the agent and Vector to dislike the Empire, or aspects of it, that even though Vector is still pro-Empire, I think he would be understanding and accepting even if he disagreed.

Quinn being 35 makes since. Puts some age on him compared to the Warrior who comes off as being 18-20, but nothing wrong with a May-Dec romance. These aren't exactly innocent living type of individuals. They (all PCs) have had to grow up fast.

I don't have trouble with Quinn's age, but I do with the Warrior's,. I know timeline wise they are in their late teens, but they just don't sound like it. The warriors sound like they are in their late twenties, early thirties (probably because that is much closer to the VAs real ages...) Quite frankly, none of the player characters sound as young as they are supposed to be, which is fine by me.

I realize some people question Nadia's 22, but some of that I feel is because they forget being 22 or just don't have enough friends to realize 22 does not mean mature. I've known some who weren't sheltered and were still naive. Nadia was sheltered. Easily see her being as innocent and naive as she is.

I have worked at a bookstore for many years and have had the pleasure of working with a lot fine young women in their late teens and early twenties. My nieces are 17 & 21. I have several friends with children that age as well. Nadia sounds and acts more like the 14-16 year olds I've know rather than the 17-22 year olds, so I can easily see why people question her age.

I don't have trouble with Quinn's age, but I do with the Warrior's,. I know timeline wise they are in their late teens, but they just don't sound like it. The warriors sound like they are in their late twenties, early thirties (probably because that is much closer to the VAs real ages...) Quite frankly, none of the player characters sound as young as they are supposed to be, which is fine by me.

I actually felt many sounded like they could be teens, except for a few exceptions (F/M Hunter and Trooper and M Consular come to mind).

I have worked at a bookstore for many years and have had the pleasure of working with a lot fine young women in their late teens and early twenties. My nieces are 17 & 21. I have several friends with children that age as well. Nadia sounds and acts more like the 14-16 year olds I've know rather than the 17-22 year olds, so I can easily see why people question her age.

Which goes to, how many of them were sheltered from the outside world? Nadia wasn't even sheltered from the outside world, she was sheltered in her own due to her force powers.

Edited by SithKoriandr

I even get the feeling he'd side with my Agent if he knew about her working for SiS or hating the Empire.

If you agree to be a double agent and Vector is your companion does he approve? I do remember he just tells you to be careful but doesn't disapprove.

Edited by RarePorcupine

If you agree to be a double agent and Vector is your companion does he approve? I do remember he just tells you to be careful but doesn't disapprove.

If I recall the scene correctly the Agent asks to speak to Ardun Kothe alone and Vector says something along the lines of "remember where your loyalty lies" and then walks off. So he isn't there if you agree to become a double agent or not and I would assume this holds true for all of the other companions. At least, I couldn't imagine Lokin or Temple simply just disapproving whilst not warning someone in the Empire.

Edit to add: And now I remember how disappointed I was that I wasn't able to pull that zinger on Theron and let him know my one Agent was a double agent. I would have loved to see his reaction because I'm pretty sure only you and Ardun Kothe know about that agreement.

Edited by Elessara

If I recall the scene correctly the Agent asks to speak to Ardun Kothe alone and Vector says something along the lines of "remember where your loyalty lies" and then walks off. So he isn't there if you agree to become a double agent or not and I would assume this holds true for all of the other companions. At least, I couldn't imagine Lokin or Temple simply just disapproving whilst not warning someone in the Empire.

Actually he says, "Remember who you are," which is very vague. He also approves (or greatly approves) when you give Ardun Kothe the black box. So while, yeah, he's not in the room to hear the proposal to defect, Vector isn't stupid. His loyalties, in the end, lies with the Agent first and foremost, so defecting probably wouldn't upset him. But that was the original writer. Charles "I really have no idea who these characters are" Boyd might not understand that and go for the blanket, "Imperial loyalties for Imperial companions."

What would be good, is when she returns, to have her grown. None of the other companions have really seemed to have changed much, but Nadia could be a good one to have shifted in personality.

I think it's that I have trouble believing she's older than Kira, Vette, Mako, Risha, etc -- but you're right, Nadia grew up in bubble-wrap by comparison. She really would be a great opportunity to hit home the fact that so many years have passed and people are bound to change a little, particularly if they're younger.

I always thought of my warrior as being early 20s. That could be contrary to the timeline, but the dialogue always struck me as similar in age to Vette and Jaesa.

Actually he says, "Remember who you are," which is very vague. He also approves (or greatly approves) when you give Ardun Kothe the black box. So while, yeah, he's not in the room to hear the proposal to defect, Vector isn't stupid. His loyalties, in the end, lies with the Agent first and foremost, so defecting probably wouldn't upset him. But that was the original writer. Charles "I really have no idea who these characters are" Boyd might not understand that and go for the blanket, "Imperial loyalties for Imperial companions."

I love the way he says that line. It's pretty ambiguous sounding, but yeah, I always felt it was more supportive of what the agent chooses than not. Ohh, Vector <3 :o:o:o I certainly hope he's one they consider allowing to go with the agent, period, regardless of faction choices. Especially considering the IA storyline... It feels like the class most likely to defect (because they could have already done so xD).

Yeah I couldn't remember exactly what he said but I knew he wasn't actually there when you decided. And honestly I don't really see him having a problem with it either. One can only hope they actually LOOK at each companion and decide on a case by case basis but yeah, I doubt it. =\

Just bumping this thread back to the first page. I want it to stay alive and active. I keep clinging to the vain hope that it will impact the speed of his return, lol.

I'm more worried about the quality and quantity, to be honest.

I do not like Quinn at all, but I've followed that love <3 thread and really enjoyed reading it, people are so nice and funny, and I actually felt really bad that all they got is... well, almost nothing. :(

It will totally break my heart if we get the same amount of story and dialogues for Vector. While we're waiting, at least there is some hope that they will surprise us... in a good meaning.

I do not like Quinn at all, but I've followed that love <3 thread and really enjoyed reading it, people are so nice and funny, and I actually felt really bad that all they got is... well, almost nothing. :(

It will totally break my heart if we get the same amount of story and dialogues for Vector. While we're waiting, at least there is some hope that they will surprise us... in a good meaning.

I have this hope that if nothing else, they put him in a nice outfit and give us a half decent returned!romance letter. At least they did that much for the other returned companions (err, well, I haven't read Elara's letter yet, if she has one; haven't been able to find it anywhere. I assume it exists and is decent. xD). :)

That's so nice of you to say. :) I love Vector as well as Quinn, they're tied for first, so I'm hoping that Vector will get a great return story, but with what has been done so far, I don't think I'm going to hold my breath. They will try to pigeon hole him with another comp from the other side and what makes him unique will probably fall by the wayside. I hate saying that, but that's how it seems to be going. :/

I have this hope that if nothing else, they put him in a nice outfit and give us a half decent returned!romance letter. At least they did that much for the other returned companions (err, well, I haven't read Elara's letter yet, if she has one; haven't been able to find it anywhere. I assume it exists and is decent. xD). :)

Someone posted her romanced one on tumblr: http://swtorladies.tumblr.com/post/160030751125/lesabear-i-forgot-to-upload-elaras-letter-to

There's an unromanced version but I haven't seen it from "legitimate sources" *ahem*

Edited by RarePorcupine

Nah, that would probably only make me suffer and want more, that's just teasing! Outfits sound nice, tho. :rolleyes:

I suppose 10... no, 15 chapters and some additional random voice acting from Ifan Meredith would be enough for a start. :D

I swear, Bioware, I would subscribe for like ten years more.

Oh well... one is allowed to dream, right? :)

Someone posted her romanced one on tumblr: http://swtorladies.tumblr.com/post/160030751125/lesabear-i-forgot-to-upload-elaras-letter-to

There's an unromanced version but I haven't seen it from "legitimate sources" *ahem*

Oooh, thank you, thank you! :D:D:D

That one is cute. I demand that we get letters regularly from companions.

And hmm, that letter makes me wonder who Vector would hang out with on Odessen? I would have to suggest he stay away from Doctor Oggurobb...

And hmm, that letter makes me wonder who Vector would hang out with on Odessen? I would have to suggest he stay away from Doctor Oggurobb...

Lokin, of course! :D I want to see those guys reunited. It always made me smile whenever Lokin said "Master Vector." Respect, amazingly, coming from him. D'aww. Quite adorable how a were-rakghoul and a hive-mined bug/human could be such good friends. XD

Lokin, of course! :D I want to see those guys reunited. It always made me smile whenever Lokin said "Master Vector." Respect, amazingly, coming from him. D'aww. Quite adorable how a were-rakghoul and a hive-mined bug/human could be such good friends. XD

AHHH, Vector's return letter better mention Lokin! Bromance <3 <3 <3

Also lol I totally forgot Lokin is on Odessen. Because BW ignores his existence. :( x_o

I'd love to see Vector Lokin and Jorgan chatting. Three totally different outlooks probably with mutual respect.. It'd be fun to write. I wonder who would drink who under the table.

Can't imagine Vector drinking anything stronger than tea... he'd probably sit that contest out while Lokin and Jorgan go at it. And be very confused when Jorgan blacks out and Lokin turns into an inebriated rakghoul.

On another note. :D Beautiful beautiful beautiful fan art (not mine, of course!!) of Cipher Nine and Vector. Cipher Nine

I only recently figured out what the sign says. XD

Can't imagine Vector drinking anything stronger than tea... he'd probably sit that contest out while Lokin and Jorgan go at it. And be very confused when Jorgan blacks out and Lokin turns into an inebriated rakghoul.

Vector would absolutely drink the finest wines and brandy. He wouldn't drink to get **** faced though. I mean, not on purpose :) And an inebriated Rakghoul sounds almost funny :D

Vector drinks, he's said so. Also, he LOVES adventure, and I'll bet he's been to a cantina or two before being joined to the Kiliks. I think that while Vector is very proper, he also has a mischievous and daring side.

Jorgan: Ha! You can...can't hold your... *passes out*

Lokin: *death glare* I cccccertainly can, you... grr.

Vector: *mildly concerned expression* We feel something.

Lokin: I win?

Vector: A slight tingling in our fingertips. We think it's starting to affect us.

Lokin: -_- You ssstole that quote... *falls over*

Vector: Game over. :)