Vector Hyllus - The LoveBug thread - Haters make your own :P

Cowoline

I have played -SEVEN AGENTS- and I have never heard him talk about a hostage situation gone wrong :eek: I...I might have to make an eighth agent just so I can see it.

Anyway, way back in the day (2015 LOL) I did something that made me feel terrible. I posted about it on Tumblr here:

http://peasant007.tumblr.com/post/128116441014/the-one-where-a-bioware-npc-made-me-feel-guilty

I was traumatized. I still am, lol.

(ETA: Just to clarify, this was posted before Affection turned to Influence and you still had to gear up your companions and you had to reach certain Affection points before their stories opened up. So taking an Affection hit/having a companion disagree with you actually MEANT something.)

Wow, that does sound traumatizing. I went with the Hand of Jadus ending on one of my agents and there's no way I would have dared risk taking Vector with me! Even still, it was tough watching

Watcher 2 get dragged away.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, you can

talk Jadus down and get him to leave the ship without setting off anything, and if you bring Vector you used to get 200+ affection points for that.

I think Vector also complements you for being the ultimate diplomat.

Is it wrong that I kinda hope Vector stays gone? After my Quinn experience, I'd rather just imagine Vector living a happy life, far away from the Outlander's galactic conflicts, than have to figure out how to make his return make any sense in my mind. :(

Is it wrong that I kinda hope Vector stays gone? After my Quinn experience, I'd rather just imagine Vector living a happy life, far away from the Outlander's galactic conflicts, than have to figure out how to make his return make any sense in my mind. :(

Yeah I'm kinda feeling like that too. I had to decide that my warrior would be my official outlander anyway, which means my agent is dead, which means Vector is alive and safe somewhere.

Not that I want to sabotage his return for everyone who wants to see him again, I do too. But at least nobody's offing him for ***** and giggles either.

Yeah... I totally understand. :( I'm worried for Vector's return - that it's going to be like Quinn, or that Vector's going to get the personality of "hivemind hippie" and nothing more - and Kira's return, and Corso and Mako and everyone else. Jorgan's return was fantastic. Didn't romance him, but he still greeted and spoke to my male trooper with all the warmth and camaraderie they'd had five years ago.

Vette, on the other hand...ouch.

"You should've seen the looks on your faces--[sees the warrior, who treated her as a beloved sister and close friend] Oh...!"

"...Vette?" [spoken in such a hopeful tone]

"Uh...but I...um...[nervous, slightly disgusted] Fancy seeing you here..."

Later they got a chance to catch up, and Vette...well, she said she was glad the warrior was alive, and she acted like it, but her voice actress conveyed it like she was glad she hadn't broken a nail. :/ So lackluster.

I don't want Vector's return to be like that.

"Oh... agent. We are glad you survived."

No. Just no. If it's going to be like that, then he should stay away and let us imagine our own reunions. Put some effort into returning companions...! :(

Heh, it's like all the warriors here are traumatized :o

Well, considering we had such cruddy reunions for a romanced Malavai Quinn and a non-romanced Vette... yep. :( We need pillow pets.

Or Gucci.

...a'right, now go imagine Vector saying that. *brain breaks*

Edited by Jagaimee

I have not taken my agent through kotfe or kotet, depending on how Vector is returned I might never take her through. She can just be a member of the Alliance and run missions, she doesn't need to be the commander. Now, if the return is goo, I will probably run her through everything.

Same here. I refuse to take my agent and smuggler through until I know if/when Vector and Corso are coming back. That, and I'm really not ready for the absolute chaos and destruction my psychopath of an agent will cause. Vector kept her on a (relatively) straight-and-narrow path. Without him...there's nothing reigning her in.

Nope. Nope nope. Not ready for that, nope. o_o

Same here. I refuse to take my agent and smuggler through until I know if/when Vector and Corso are coming back. That, and I'm really not ready for the absolute chaos and destruction my psychopath of an agent will cause. Vector kept her on a (relatively) straight-and-narrow path. Without him...there's nothing reigning her in.

Nope. Nope nope. Not ready for that, nope. o_o

So if Vector comes back and if the reunion is a good one, we should expect to hear explosions and see anarchy reign supreme until your agent finds Vector?

Noted, I'll make sure to stockpile supplies in anticipation of the chaos.

Edited by DuchessKristania

So if Vector comes back and if the reunion is a good one, we should expect to hear explosions and see anarchy riegn supreme until your agent finds Vector?

Noted, I'll make sure to stockpile supplies in anticipation of the chaos.

Yes, unfortunately. :p There goes the Spire (twice), there goes Kaliyo, there goes...anybody and everybody you can kill, because DANG IT ALL WHY ARE YOU KEEPING ME FROM VECTOR!? <-- agent's mindset.

She's scaring me.

I know...part of me wants nothing more than to see all the companions officially returned so we can move on...but another part of me is just....tired of the Fallen Empire stuff, tired of companions being returned as lesser versions of themselves, etc. I don't think I can stomach taking another character through the story, especially an agent, when I already have done one agent and had another on the back burner for Theron. And why should I when my other agent has her perfect Vector still, with all his moving mouth and landscape comments, his Killik staff, and everything else? I can just keep my original Vector on her and pretend Fallen Empire never happened.

I know...part of me wants nothing more than to see all the companions officially returned so we can move on...but another part of me is just....tired of the Fallen Empire stuff, tired of companions being returned as lesser versions of themselves, etc. I don't think I can stomach taking another character through the story, especially an agent, when I already have done one agent and had another on the back burner for Theron. And why should I when my other agent has her perfect Vector still, with all his moving mouth and landscape comments, his Killik staff, and everything else? I can just keep my original Vector on her and pretend Fallen Empire never happened.

I haven't taken any of my original characters through the newer content, and I'm thinking of keeping it that way. It's just not worth swapping out properly functioning original companions for buggy, poorly designed knock-offs. Since they reset the planet arcs & side quests with 4.0, I have plenty of non-damaging content to do with them! I have 5 alts for the newer stuff with nothing to lose (Rushed DvL & insta-60s). I can see most of the new dialogue with them and youtube the rest so I know what happens.

Though, since the re-introduced companions are technically different that the originals, Vector will probably stop wearing women's clothing when he is re-introduced. :rolleyes:

I tried to find some Ifan Meredith sound clips like we have for Richard Teverson and failed. I did, however find this chart for companion voice actors with is nicely done. http://rebrn.com/re/who-is-really-fighting-alongside-you-the-voices-of-your-compan-1457579/

Edited by Damask_Rose

I tried to find some Ifan Meredith sound clips like we have for Richard Teverson and failed. I did, however find this chart for companion voice actors with is nicely done. http://rebrn.com/re/who-is-really-fighting-alongside-you-the-voices-of-your-compan-1457579/

Cool! :D I noticed the picture they used of Talos is...very different than what we have in-game. o_O Perhaps that was Talos's original design? He certainly *looks* in his mid-twenties/early thirties there (what the "official" encyclopedia says), instead of the forties/fifties he looks/sounds like now. AHAAAA, maybe THAT'S why said encyclopedia says he's in his twenties...

Edit: Torian, Zenith, Aric Jorgan, Tharan Cedrax, and Lokin all look subtly different, too. Interesting. ...and Corso. I don't think he has that...pink...skin-tone in-game. o_O That just looks odd. XD

Edited by Jagaimee

Cool! :D I noticed the picture they used of Talos is...very different than what we have in-game. o_O Perhaps that was Talos's original design? He certainly *looks* in his mid-twenties/early thirties there (what the "official" encyclopedia says), instead of the forties/fifties he looks/sounds like now. AHAAAA, maybe THAT'S why said encyclopedia says he's in his twenties...

Edit: Torian, Zenith, Aric Jorgan, Tharan Cedrax, and Lokin all look subtly different, too. Interesting. ...and Corso. I don't think he has that...pink...skin-tone in-game. o_O That just looks odd. XD

That list spells Talos' voice actor wrong. It's Edward Hibbert: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0382503/

So not only does 26 yeard old Talos sound like he's 50+ he's voiced by someone who is in their 60's :D

Yes, unfortunately. :p There goes the Spire (twice), there goes Kaliyo, there goes...anybody and everybody you can kill, because DANG IT ALL WHY ARE YOU KEEPING ME FROM VECTOR!? <-- agent's mindset.

She's scaring me.

My agent was just so fed up with everything. I think if she lost Vector she'd just give up completely.

Oh the VA of Doc is so handsome! Why can't Doc look like that. :p

Also I quite like the younger looking Talos there, maybe he was originally going to be a romance to but then they changed their minds and made him much older?

That list spells Talos' voice actor wrong. It's Edward Hibbert: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0382503/

So not only does 26 yeard old Talos sound like he's 50+ he's voiced by someone who is in their 60's :D

Yeah I am not sute, who ever aged these, were actually focusing. Malavai's age is vague, and though many people think he is 37 when the warrior meets him, he could both both 40 or 33 depending on what you believe "around the year" paraphrases as. People claim that Quin is both in 3680 BBY, but that is the year were Broysce lost the battle of Talay - and Quinn states he wasn't even born then. So Quinn is born later than 3680 BBY, which makes him a little younger. I would would guess I'd say he is 34-35, when he meets the warrior.

Talos always seemed like an older and wiser companion - that age just has to be wrong.

Torian is either 18 or 29 depending on the references you find.

Pierce sounds like he is 37 at least, but is almost 10 years younger than Quinn. (And his experience is of that of a more seasoned soldier - not one quite that young).;)

The only information I trust is the agents companions. The rest seem like random numbers someone spouted out at some point.

Edited by Cowoline

It seems like every time I check a random companions age it says soemthing in the mid twenties. It seems like they just picked an age range and decided they were all generically that age. In fairness, I've only looked up a few companion bioss though.

I just want the old companions back. I all but ignore the new ones when I play my jedi. she got Doc from the terminal and now runs with him and no one else. Of course, there were still the times the game forced me to run with Lana, those were dark times.

My agent runs with Vector, poor guy has been dragged through so many heroics and flashpoints now. It's okay, he loves her and doesn't mind indulging her need to buy expensive things for their home, lol.

It seems like every time I check a random companions age it says soemthing in the mid twenties. It seems like they just picked an age range and decided they were all generically that age. In fairness, I've only looked up a few companion bioss though.

I just want the old companions back. I all but ignore the new ones when I play my jedi. she got Doc from the terminal and now runs with him and no one else. Of course, there were still the times the game forced me to run with Lana, those were dark times.

My agent runs with Vector, poor guy has been dragged through so many heroics and flashpoints now. It's okay, he loves her and doesn't mind indulging her need to buy expensive things for their home, lol.

The best thing about 4.0 was being able to set Vector into a Tank stance instead of DPS. My sniper would rather have someone up front taking all the hits while she mows them down. As I like to joke: "My agent's relationship with Vector depends on how well he can take a punch for her." Needless to say, their relationship is very, very good :D (Of course he's rank 50 because I cannot deny him all those millions of gifts I had sitting in the bank.)

I, too, retrieved Vector from the terminal. I remember how Eric and team pleaded with people to not use it and to have patience because the return of the vanilla companions will be worth the wait. We're coming up on 2 years ago when they said this, and from how Quinn was handled they lied about making it worth the wait.

So, yeah, I don't trust the writing team anymore. Unfortunately I ran my agent through KotFE because she's my main character and my FAVORITE character. It's too late to take it back and now I'm stuck: I don't want to run my agent through Iokath because I don't know how that will affect my agent's relationship with Vector when he does come back. Based off of how Elara Dorne broke up with Troopers because of choices those Troopers made almost 2 years ago...I'm doubly worried. My Agent only made 2 DS choices (Killed Saresh and killed Arcann and, by extension, Senya) so I'm already paranoid, but I'm worried about those now.

So my agent, my main, my FAVORITE, can't and won't be played until Vector comes back. That's how little I like and trust where the story is going :(

That's what I get for trusting Bioware, huh?

Edited by AngFour

Vector is the better LI than Quinn! He's also one of the few times females get the better LI in the classic vanilla imo. Kaliyo betrays you and Raina doesn't get the screen time (maybe it's different if you play a male agent, haven't played one, but it feels like it would be that way though).

His scenes, some being kinda creepy in the ewww way, still come off as sweet. He doesn't go about killing someone for petty reasons (so to be fair, a DS Warrior would likely be more understanding with Quinn) and basically for my agent he is <3 :)

I even get the feeling he'd side with my Agent if he knew about her working for SiS or hating the Empire.

Yeah I am not sute, who ever aged these, were actually focusing. Malavai's age is vague, and though many people think he is 37 when the warrior meets him, he could both both 40 or 33 depending on what you believe "around the year" paraphrases as. People claim that Quin is both in 3680 BBY, but that is the year were Broysce lost the battle of Talay - and Quinn states he wasn't even born then. So Quinn is born later than 3680 BBY, which makes him a little younger. I would would guess I'd say he is 34-35, when he meets the warrior.

Talos always seemed like an older and wiser companion - that age just has to be wrong.

Torian is either 18 or 29 depending on the references you find.

Pierce sounds like he is 37 at least, but is almost 10 years younger than Quinn. (And his experience is of that of a more seasoned soldier - not one quite that young).;)

The only information I trust is the agents companions. The rest seem like random numbers someone spouted out at some point.

I've known some 18 year olds who sounded and passed for 30 year olds. So Pierce sounding old doesn't mean to much. Not to mention he likely lived a rough life.

Also, Pierce is likely a military man as soon as he could be, so at the age of 27 he would be a seasoned vet. That's 9 years on the job right there, if he joined at 18.

Quinn being 35 makes since. Puts some age on him compared to the Warrior who comes off as being 18-20, but nothing wrong with a May-Dec romance. These aren't exactly innocent living type of individuals. They (all PCs) have had to grow up fast.