Vector Hyllus - The LoveBug thread - Haters make your own :P

Cowoline

Haha :D Yah, he does have a very nice pixel butt, I have admired the pixels many a time. But so does Malavai. Nice pixel butts. I should make Vector wear trousers rather than those flowing robes and long coats lol. :D

Every time I try to put Vector in anything but the robes and coats it just feels so wrong! So in the robes he stays and I can focus on admiring his handsome pixel face. :o

I've just met Vector on my 3rd agent. Awhile back someone in the Quinn thread, I can't remember who, mentioned that Vector's romance was very good when you argue with him a bit and don't take every flirt option, so I'm looking forward to trying that :)

It was meeee. Do it. Argue away~ Enjoy his magnificent, frustrated voice. :D

NO!! I don't like bugs nor black eyes,

BIOWARE, JUST GIMME BACK MY BLONDE ENSIGN TEMPLE PLEASE,

(I want to see lana's reaction when my agent flirts with her ;))

Agent is the best thing in this game, just saying. I created my agent long ago, and never opened another toon again.

LOL You're going to have the battle of the blondes going on.

Been saying this since Chapter 1 but I can't remember if I ever actually got around to posting it so, here it goes:

It seems to me at least that all of the Love Interests will slowly get dribbled out over time because everyone seems to have a favorite and everyone wants to know what they've been up to and get them back in a slightly more satisfying way than in some recruitment group.

So far, iirc, that theory seems to be tracking pretty well so I fully expect that Vector, Doc, Kira, Nadia, Risha, Corso- all of the Love Interests will eventually be brought back.

I think that yes, part of the reason for the wait is that they want to stretch that out a little bit (wouldn't you if that kept you gainfully employed?).

I think a larger part of it is just production though. I mean, it takes several months just to create an hour or two of game play and, if you can only concentrate on one or two companions per release because everyone's crying for a satisfying re-introduction......

Figure 2 Love Interests per character class of which there are 8 and, if you do the math you are looking at 16 x 3 = 48 months: 4 YEARS if they JUST concentrated on 2 Love Interests every release alone.

Now, toss in the fact that sometimes the main plot is just not going to allow room for subplots (finally taking out Valkorian for example) and.... there ya go. It's going to be a very long while before everyone gets a chance to see their favorites returned to them.

Which, since I'm already posting my opinion and you've already read this far, I might as well toss that in too: I would much rather have that wait rather than just some generic group release like they have been doing for: Talos, Blizz, Qyzen, etc, etc, etc....

TL;DR

It's probably going to be a fairly long wait before your favorite LI (Mine is Vector too) will come wandering back into the plot. OTOH, I'm pretty certain that it will come eventually so, I would keep that character ready because we just don't know who that next release is going to contain.:D

Thank you! Someone else who likes Doc! My jedi is still mourning the absence of her husband. She suspects Lana is undermining the search for him. lol. Seriously though, it's really cute how he get more tongue tied and nervous as the relationship progresses.

Vector is still my favorite though. I just fiind her irresistable. I remember when I first started playing my agent and how it seemed to take forever to get to Aldderaan so I could meet my LI.

I love Doc too. My JK is extremely light sided, but she happily took those dark side hits to get some from Doc and to marry Doc. In my head canon/legacy tree, they have three children before KOTFE and one more gets added after we get him back.

It was meeee. Do it. Argue away~ Enjoy his magnificent, frustrated voice. :D

How can you ever argue with him? It seems impossible! Vector has a strange magic power over me, every time he speaks, everything I can think of is "oh god, y are u so cute, let me just hug you!" Could be killik pheromones infecting my brain. I think I need a doctor.

I want Vector back as well! To me, he's the perfect Jedi, I know he's not a Jedi, but if he was one, he'd be the best one EVER! I never quite get why he's a loyal Imperial when he's basically the antithesis of the Imperial Ideal. He's easily my favorite companion period! I also want Arcan romance for my shadow, and Shara AKA Watcher 2 back, but first, last, and ALWAYS Vector! He is the best man in swotor, Okay Aric's a close second....

There's something very special about the Vector romance arc. The writing has well-paced challenges to the relationship that provoke a realistic evolution in a character's feelings from initial revulsion to unconditional love. If the Agent storyline is the best (and it is) then the Vector romance is surely its pearl, let players build on that. Edited by TheRiverfront

How can you ever argue with him? It seems impossible! Vector has a strange magic power over me, every time he speaks, everything I can think of is "oh god, y are u so cute, let me just hug you!" Could be killik pheromones infecting my brain. I think I need a doctor.

I wondered the exact same thing, lol. Those pheromones will get ya every time! Mmy agent is supr light side and agrees with him most of the time anyway. Amusingly, my Imp agent was more light side than my jedi for a long time. Aona just couldn't keep her hands off of Doc and kept taking dark side hits because of it.

I hope Vector will come back soon. I also hope that it won't take four years for everyone to get their LIs back. Even though I don't care for many of them, I don't want people to have to wait forever. Taking the old companions away without bringing them all back in the story arc was just bad writing. If the end of kotet had been a little more open it would be different but the main plot was resolved without reuniting characters with people they cared deeply for. I have two published books out and I would never have been so careless with plot or character. I found a lot of the plot holes in kotfe and kotet extremely frustrating. I also thought that many scenes would have had much more impact if the character's LI had been present.

Okay, I'm stopping that train of thought now. If I don't I'll end up rewriting the whole thing instead of working on my own stuff. Besides, this is a Vector thread, not a complain about stuff I can't fix thread. Back on topic. I always keep my Vector in pants and a long coat. I've been trying to find a way to put him in something reminiscent of Prince Kit rom the life action Cinderella. I just need a white and light blue dye pack and I think I'll have my Prince Vector!

Guess what? Seeing as Star Wars is owned by Disney...Vector is a Disney Prince :D

HA! I didn't think of that, but you're so right! Prince Vector it is! Now that dye pack isn't just a want, it's a need. I already have him in the pants, and the top he has on is probably as close as I'll get in terms of style. Just Need Dye Pack! Prince Vector, here I come!

xD I don't know, it just kept happening! Starting from the Killik situation on Alderaan -- I dragged that conversation out until he was like "UGH. WE DON'T UNDERSTAND. MAKE A DECISION AND WE WILL BACK YOU UP BUT DAMN, WOMAN." (except Vector-like.)

And then in another early convo, one of the options makes the agent sound sort of "lalala I do what I want~ can't trust anyone so why bother~ I discard everyone~ hashtag an agent's life for me~ lalala"-esque, and Vector gives a response in a tone that's almost like slapping the agent in the face with a hug. But a hard, well-meaning, "You probably don't want to hear this but I'm saying it anyway" hug-slap-thing -- which I'm certain is something only his voice actor can successfully pull off.

But I don't know, there's a lot of opportunity for the agent and Vector to challenge each other's views, and I think the result was my agent ended up being very different than I intended and Vector's trek back into humanity felt incredibly genuine. :o

Okay, I'm stopping that train of thought now. If I don't I'll end up rewriting the whole thing instead of working on my own stuff. Besides, this is a Vector thread, not a complain about stuff I can't fix thread. Back on topic. I always keep my Vector in pants and a long coat. I've been trying to find a way to put him in something reminiscent of Prince Kit rom the life action Cinderella. I just need a white and light blue dye pack and I think I'll have my Prince Vector!

Prince Vector sounds dreamy. :o:o:o

Vector Hyllus has been gone for far too long, and with the recent release of Iokath and the very limited content created for Malavai Quinn, now is the time to show how much we care about Vector to make sure his return is more meaningful.:rolleyes:

This is a place to spread the love for Vector. It's fine if you find him creepy and such, but it is not welcome in this thread.

All your speculation, fanart and wishes for his return is welcome in this tread. Let us remind the devs that are those of us, who prefer sweet Vector over charming Theron :) I hope you all will have an awesome time in this thread :D

All the remaining companions have been missing for a long time. There's no longer a reason for them to be gone at all.

xD I don't know, it just kept happening! Starting from the Killik situation on Alderaan -- I dragged that conversation out until he was like "UGH. WE DON'T UNDERSTAND. MAKE A DECISION AND WE WILL BACK YOU UP BUT DAMN, WOMAN." (except Vector-like.)

Prince Vector sounds dreamy. :o:o:o

Okay, I did argue with him on the Alderaan thing. I didn't think it was right to force that family to give up their home and become joiners.

And Prince Vector is dreamy! Yes, I stopped my work to log on to swtor and play dress up with my Vector. Didn't find a white and light blue, but I found white and light grey. I just need a different belt but the result is pretty dreamy!

Edited by DuchessKristania

Vector was my second ever pixel crush. (First was Seifer from FFVIII, lol I was an angsty teen ok?)

I'd been playing this game for several months, my main was a sorc and I was trying out other classes, just doing the romances because hey why not? Whatever.

And then I met Vector. DUN DUN DUNNNNN. My agent was fully psychotic and I was having great fun picking all dark decisions. And then, I did something on Quesh that made Vector very sad and I FELT ASHAMED IRL. lol I never feel bad about video games, ***! I don't even remember what it was, but all I know is from that time on, my Agent did whatever Vector would approve of, back when those decisions mattered.

So, uh, that's my story. lol

Edited by Ralei

But I don't know, there's a lot of opportunity for the agent and Vector to challenge each other's views, and I think the result was my agent ended up being very different than I intended and Vector's trek back into humanity felt incredibly genuine.

The character I made to do this with has the mindset of a perfectly privileged, snobby imperial who's used to being able to speak her mind, and is used to things going her way. She won't fall in love with him at first sight. She's repulsed by the killiks, and I'm going to play up the "you clean up well since I saw you in the cave" attitude as much as I can.

She's completely different than my other agents. My light agent just liked him the way he was and wanted to keep him safe, and my dark agent actually wanted to join with him. I'll have to play this one farther into the story to see how my sense of it evolves. Over time I could see her thinking that she needs to save him from being joined.

Ha haa, cute, I can see it :D Does that make our characters princesses? :p

My bounty hunter is, almost literally, a princess. First she comes from a noteworthy clan on Cathar - the closest thing they have to royalty (shut up, Prince Shange) are heroes and leaders - and second, she was adopted into Mandalore the Vindicated's clan. Since he's more-or-less the "king" of Mandalorians.... it's a (large) stretch, but it works. Ish. :p

Agent, on the other hand... I have no idea, which is a little scary. All I know about her past is that she was a member of the secret police on Csillia. She could literally be anyone. She's not telling me, and I almost prefer it that way. Keeps a bit of mystery about her.

And then I met Vector. DUN DUN DUNNNNN. My agent was fully psychotic and I was having great fun picking all dark decisions. And then, I did something on Quesh that made Vector very sad and I FELT ASHAMED IRL. lol I never feel bad about video games, ***! I don't even remember what it was, but all I know is from that time on, my Agent did whatever Vector would approve of, back when those decisions mattered.

I REMEMBER THAT DECISION ON QUESH :( Vector was sad and shocked that I/my agent would do such a thing (kill a somewhat-innocent person in a messy/brutal way for no reason whatsoever, other than the fact that a disembodied voice in your head advised you to do so). I went through the rest of the quest with a D: face because I felt so bad about upsetting Vector...

Someone has to make this! *jumps into photoshop*

Vector is pretty reasonably princely in my game now. It makes sense since he and Inari live in a lavish sky palace. I spent an entire week mixing and matching decorations to create a crib. This is what happens when I get writer's block, lol.

So, uh, that's my story. lol

I did the same thing. My agent started out a bit darker (not too bad, but she followed orders and cleaned up loose ends) but then she met Vector.

Belsavis was the big turning point that I rememeber for her. She killed one of the prisoners and Vector just stood there looking down at the body, his face so sad. And then he said something about how he had once watched a man get killed in a hostage situation gone wrong and how it had forever affected him, and I just....couldn't take it.

ESC ESC ESC! DO OVER. I promise I will never make you sad, Vector. :o

I think that agent's light V by now. :p

I have played -SEVEN AGENTS- and I have never heard him talk about a hostage situation gone wrong :eek: I...I might have to make an eighth agent just so I can see it.

Anyway, way back in the day (2015 LOL) I did something that made me feel terrible. I posted about it on Tumblr here:

http://peasant007.tumblr.com/post/128116441014/the-one-where-a-bioware-npc-made-me-feel-guilty

I was traumatized. I still am, lol.

(ETA: Just to clarify, this was posted before Affection turned to Influence and you still had to gear up your companions and you had to reach certain Affection points before their stories opened up. So taking an Affection hit/having a companion disagree with you actually MEANT something.)

Edited by AngFour