Vector Hyllus - The LoveBug thread - Haters make your own :P

Cowoline

A part of me hates you so much right now.

:o:o Uhhhhhh, here, stare at Lawrichai's Vector!!! http://img14.deviantart.net/ac3c/i/2015/023/1/a/swtor___vector_hyllus_frost_and_spices_by_lawrichai-d6axiym.jpg

He's, uhm, fairly human. ;)

and all of them could be dead (with the exception of Gault and T7),

I'm hoping Vector can be handled in a way similar to Gault. Maybe he will be our Killik liaison and thus immune to the chopping block. Maybe he will just chill in the background of cutscenes and talk to tiny bugs that we cannot see.

I absolutely cannot imagine the justification for writing him out that way, or even imprisoning him, unless he comes back a little too Killik-y and out of his mind and villainous. Maybe if the Killiks want to take over the Alliance because Odessen would make for a nice hive place. :eek: But even then, in the most extreme of extreme situations, I can't imagine Vector not being reasonable.

Hahaha aw, but think of how the agent could have cuddled up to that carapace at night to fall asleep.

... xD Actually no. No, do not think about that.

I have a name for you: Garrus Vakarian! I could kiss him all day - mandibles and all! :p

Speaking of voice actors... in the scene where Vector

severs the hive bond for a few moments alone with the romanced female agent

his voice is different. I mean, not different as in different voice actor, but a different cadence and tone. It's much less disjointed, a little deeper and rougher - basically like a normal human being's voice. Killik!Vector's voice is just on the side of "odd" to be noticeable. I loved the contrast between the two, it was adorable.

:o:o Uhhhhhh, here, stare at Lawrichai's Vector!!! http://img14.deviantart.net/ac3c/i/2015/023/1/a/swtor___vector_hyllus_frost_and_spices_by_lawrichai-d6axiym.jpg

I'm hoping Vector can be handled in a way similar to Gault. Maybe he will be our Killik liaison and thus immune to the chopping block. Maybe he will just chill in the background of cutscenes and talk to tiny bugs that we cannot see.

I absolutely cannot imagine the justification for writing him out that way, or even imprisoning him, unless he comes back a little too Killik-y and out of his mind and villainous. Maybe if the Killiks want to take over the Alliance because Odessen would make for a nice hive place. :eek: But even then, in the most extreme of extreme situations, I can't imagine Vector not being reasonable.

I'M NOT LOOKING AT THAT!

Anyway, Vector retained a large portion of his individuality because he was the Dawn Herald and he needed to be able to think somewhat independently in order to function in that role. If he was no longer the Dawn Herald then he'd likely revert to a somewhat mindless Joiner. I do not want this to happen!

Vector's return would have made a great deal more sense (to me) if he'd been in a chapter where you're looking for allies against Arcann/Vaylin and the killiks offer to join the Alliance because their homes are being decimated.

Hopefully we just run into him somewhere, doing something, unexpectedly. He's one companion I could forgive Lana and Theron for not being able to find. I could also easily forgive Vector if he doesn't know who specifically the alliance commander is.

I could forgive anything Vector does really. At least with Quinn I had a long time to accept that he'd die someday but not Vector, what a horrifying thought.

I have a name for you: Garrus Vakarian! I could kiss him all day - mandibles and all! :p

xDD SWTOR has really been lacking in the "unique"/alien romance choices department, that's for sure.

I promise you, BW devs, some of us like to get a little freaky.

Vector's return would have made a great deal more sense (to me) if he'd been in a chapter where you're looking for allies against Arcann/Vaylin and the killiks offer to join the Alliance because their homes are being decimated.

Yes! I kept wondering why the heck he wasn't brought in during KOTFE when we're trying to find allies! It would have made so much sense! Instead we have Kaliyo wanting us to help cause explosions. Yaaaay? :confused:

Speaking of voice actors... in the scene where Vector

severs the hive bond for a few moments alone with the romanced female agent

his voice is different. I mean, not different as in different voice actor, but a different cadence and tone. It's much less disjointed, a little deeper and rougher - basically like a normal human being's voice. Killik!Vector's voice is just on the side of "odd" to be noticeable. I loved the contrast between the two, it was adorable.

I could gush about his voice allllll day. I don't even like going with that dialogue-choice-thing, but his voice is different! His VA brought such nuances to Vector. /dreamy sigh :o:o:o

Obligatory mention of how cute his VA is :)

And hello in here, though I feel this thread is a bit premature. Maybe we're all feeling a bit of a let down from the 5.Quinn patch. I mean, since some of us technically didn't even get him back. >.>

Obligatory mention of how cute his VA is :)

And hello in here, though I feel this thread is a bit premature. Maybe we're all feeling a bit of a let down from the 5.Quinn patch. I mean, since some of us technically didn't even get him back. >.>

*snerk* 5.Quinn patch .. poor Elara lol.

Anyway, the Malavai thread was created after we found out he was coming back. The story at that point was kind of set in stone. If the devs see this about Vector now maybe they won't neglect him as much as Malavai and Elara were neglected in 5.2. I know, I know what am I smoking and why aren't I sharing. But ... there's always hope, right?

*snerk* 5.Quinn patch .. poor Elara lol.

Anyway, the Malavai thread was created after we found out he was coming back. The story at that point was kind of set in stone. If the devs see this about Vector now maybe they won't neglect him as much as Malavai and Elara were neglected in 5.2.

I hope. :( But if they really did such a bad job with bringing back Quinn and Elara, then I don't have high expectations for the rest of the companions...

I know, I know what am I smoking and why aren't I sharing.

Vector: *sniffs the air* ...the scent is more acrid than membrosia. It tastes of bitterness and false hopes. Despair. ...it is also hallucinatory. We cannot recommend prolonged exposure. If we return and we see you draped over the furniture, babbling to the wall about bugs and broken romances, we will know to get help.

Quinn: ...that is DEFINITELY your problem.

Vector: It is also our thread. *smiles*

Quinn: Oh yes, I'm going. *FLEES*

As it turns out, EVERY companion's a little possessive about their fan-thread. I'd hate to see what Kaliyo or DS-Jaesa would be like... :eek: (also I swear I'm not usurping the color!Vector posts, if there are to be any like there was earlier in the thread; I just saw this and couldn't resist. :p)

I stare at this picture way too often. xD

*passes around membrosia and Killik headbands*

*sips* Mmm, yummy, thank you. You know, I wish she'd do that kind of thing for Quinn. The one she has, he's gorgeous, but, I would like Quinn unclothed :D

I love that quote, that was so awesome :p

I also love the parts, where he is trying to relearn to be human. It's so endearing :p

I love that quote too.

My favorite scene with him is when he comes into your ship's quarters with is pheromones suppressed and his eyes are back to their human appearance and he says that what's about to happen doesn't need to be shared with the hive. I'm not a romantic type of woman but that just made me go all squishy. My husband was playing next to me and finally asked why I had been watching the same scene for 15 minutes. LOL

Now when he comes to that scene on his characters, he makes sure I'm there to see it. :D

I love that quote too.

My favorite scene with him is when he comes into your ship's quarters with is pheromones suppressed and his eyes are back to their human appearance and he says that what's about to happen doesn't need to be shared with the hive. I'm not a romantic type of woman but that just made me go all squishy. My husband was playing next to me and finally asked why I had been watching the same scene for 15 minutes. LOL

Now when he comes to that scene on his characters, he makes sure I'm there to see it. :D

I knew it was going to happen, but I was still stunned. And promptly melted onto the floor with a goofy smile on my face. XD He has gray eyes, right?

...wait. Does his eye color change if you have different customizations on him?

I knew it was going to happen, but I was still stunned. And promptly melted onto the floor with a goofy smile on my face. XD He has gray eyes, right?

...wait. Does his eye color change if you have different customizations on him?

I think they're green if I remember correctly.

I think they're green if I remember correctly.

Huh... I thought they were gray. I'll go check youtube. XD

Edit: Nope, they're gray! ... wait. *peers closely* Um. Skip to 51:08 here. Are they gray, or light brown? The light makes it hard to tell, but I'm 90% sure they're gray.

Edited by Jagaimee

Huh... I thought they were gray. I'll go check youtube. XD

Edit: Nope, they're gray! ... wait. *peers closely* Um. Skip to 51:08 here. Are they gray, or light brown? The light makes it hard to tell, but I'm 90% sure they're gray.

It varies by which computer I'm on. Usually they look very pale with maybe a slight green tint.

They've always looked more green than anything, to me. Or I thought so. Now that I'm examining them on various youtube videos, not quite as green as I remembered.

I just hate how he mentions suppressing the pheromones takes a toll and he wouldn't survive doing it often, in one of the dialogue options. Having seen that, now every time I just yell at him for thinking that's romantic and get the extended-ish scene (or at least it feels like a longer scene). :o

They've always looked more green than anything, to me. Or I thought so. Now that I'm examining them on various youtube videos, not quite as green as I remembered.

I just hate how he mentions suppressing the pheromones takes a toll and he wouldn't survive doing it often, in one of the dialogue options. Having seen that, now every time I just yell at him for thinking that's romantic and get the extended-ish scene (or at least it feels like a longer scene). :o

As I said further up, I like to imagine he only suppresses it on special occasions, sort of like a treat for all parties. My girl doesn't care, really, one way or the other if he's joined or not during their happy fun times, but she appreciates the 'gift' during those special times.

Damn, a thought just occurred to me. I hope like hell nothing happened in the almost 7 years since we last saw him for him NOT to be joined. Oooo, that would SUCK.

Damn, a thought just occurred to me. I hope like hell nothing happened in the almost 7 years since we last saw him for him NOT to be joined. Oooo, that would SUCK.

That would be so sad! I think it would be easier for him to cope if he remained joined. Otherwise he would probably be so, so, so lonely. :(

That would be so sad! I think it would be easier for him to cope if he remained joined. Otherwise he would probably be so, so, so lonely. :(

Well being a joiner is sort of Vectors thing. If they remove it then it will be an entirely different character. I hope they wouldn't do that just because some people find him unsettling.

And I am almost positive he is in a hide somewhere. Maybe he did finally become Dawn Herald to all nests? Imagine having a Killik force that size on your side!

Honestly though, I agree with what someone said earlier that it would have made more sense for him to appear in KOTFE or KOTET. You needed allies and getting the Killiks would certainly have helped. They could have done that instead of the chapter, where you had to choose between saving the empire, republic or that Zakuulan singer. It seemed like such and important choice - and had no consequences what so ever. It was pointless imo.

Edited by Cowoline

And I am almost positive he is in a hide somewhere. Maybe he did finally become Dan Herald to all nests? Imagine having a Killik force that size on your side!

I hope he became Dawn Herald! It sounded like it would have been a really special thing for him and I'd hate to think he never pursued anything for himself after the agent goes missing. I just want him happy :(:(:( /sob

Though it might be tough for him to walk away from being Dawn Herald, if that's the case. The Killiks probably wouldn't be thrilled. Or it could go down similarly to Quinn walking away from the Empire, but I really think Vector wouldn't be able to easily resign from that position.

I hope he became Dawn Herald! It sounded like it would have been a really special thing for him and I'd hate to think he never pursued anything for himself after the agent goes missing. I just want him happy :(:(:( /sob

Though it might be tough for him to walk away from being Dawn Herald, if that's the case. The Killiks probably wouldn't be thrilled. Or it could go down similarly to Quinn walking away from the Empire, but I really think Vector wouldn't be able to easily resign from that position.

True, but being Dawn Herald and joining the Alliance doesn't have to be exclusive like it is with the Empire and Alliance. Vector still functioned as Dawn Herald, when with the Agent. And as he said "If they considered us a threat they would simply have eaten us. So we remain the Dawn Herald":p

Oh no! What if the reason he hasn't come back is that the Devs made the Killiks eat Vector, when he returned?:eek:

Edit: I am making too many typoes today :S

Edited by Cowoline

Well being a joiner is sort of Vectors thing. If they remove it then it will be an entirely different character. I hope they wouldn't do that just because some people find him unsettling.

And I am almost positive he is in a hide somewhere. Maybe he did finally become Dan Herald to all nests? Imagine having a Killik force that size on your side!

Seriously... of all the companions to find, it SHOULD be pretty damned easy to figure out where the hell Vector is. It would be cool if he did become Dawn Herald to multiple nests, if that's even possible. He certainly was very interested in finding what happened to the Killiks in the IA story and it would be nice to do something with that. Because consistency is a good thing, Bioware. Just saying.

And considering what a PITA Killiks are to fight against, it'd be nice to have them on the side of the Alliance.

Seriously... of all the companions to find, it SHOULD be pretty damned easy to figure out where the hell Vector is. It would be cool if he did become Dawn Herald to multiple nests, if that's even possible. He certainly was very interested in finding what happened to the Killiks in the IA story and it would be nice to do something with that. Because consistency is a good thing, Bioware. Just saying.

And considering what a PITA Killiks are to fight against, it'd be nice to have them on the side of the Alliance.

At the end of his storyline he does get offered the position as "Dawn Herald to all nests", but he refuses in order to stay with the agent /swoon