Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

How many leave Odessen Proving Grounds

Icykill_

I like objective-based maps. ACW, AHG, Novarre Coast and OPG. BTW, it's been a great night for Pub PvP on 4/17, at least starting 8:30 or so server time on Harbinger. Great teams executing the basics very well and winning.

I love objective pvp, but Odessen just doesn't cut it.

Odessen is a very nice WZ, i like the fact of mixed teams and the objectives are interesting, mainly those bonuses u can use!

Yes many players leave this wz, i dunno why cause it fun, fast and not so oriented on a specific place, like on alderran you have turrets, Novare u have bunkers, here you have multiple places which swap around. Overall its a great map so i dont get why ppl leave it!

much less buggy than stupid queshball and operatives rolling bugging their location for 5-6 sec after they finished rolling for me. (so anytime an operative carries the ball, I have roughly 3 seconds to dps him down before he rolls again)

Its fun and interesting imo, altough a bit RNG based. Teams start "controlling" some nodes after a while, and if the same 2 nodes keep lighting and its always where the other team is entrenched, it can be annoying. You'll eventually most likely get one, but its going to take a while, and stalemate can be very annoying in it. A single healer and tank can delay it long enough to get full point, even against overwhelming assault.

Overall I don't like it as much as I do novare, hypergate or Civil war, but certainly better than the average voidstar and huttballs.

I've been stuck in the wall or floor so many times in Odessen. Plus lag is worse for me in that map than any other.

It runs really well for me... the only trouble I had was back with that weird instant kill bug. It's one of the warzones I can pop into and change the tide of a loss even from far behind and I love how different it is, which makes it my favourite.

It runs really well for me... the only trouble I had was back with that weird instant kill bug. It's one of the warzones I can pop into and change the tide of a loss even from far behind and I love how different it is, which makes it my favourite.

I guess it's just accentuated for me because of my already high lag. I'm glad it works well for others, but it's a wasted pop for me.

But I would like to see all WZs mixed faction

Edited by Icykill_

much less buggy than stupid queshball and operatives rolling bugging their location for 5-6 sec after they finished rolling for me. (so anytime an operative carries the ball, I have roughly 3 seconds to dps him down before he rolls again)

Its fun and interesting imo, altough a bit RNG based. Teams start "controlling" some nodes after a while, and if the same 2 nodes keep lighting and its always where the other team is entrenched, it can be annoying. You'll eventually most likely get one, but its going to take a while, and stalemate can be very annoying in it. A single healer and tank can delay it long enough to get full point, even against overwhelming assault.

Overall I don't like it as much as I do novare, hypergate or Civil war, but certainly better than the average voidstar and huttballs.

My words, Odessen is fine but every time i'm in quesh hutball i'm leaving. This is the most buggy wz here. Can't leap people, operatives porting from lower floor to higher... terrible

I like Odessen Proving Grounds. But bioware needs to have more clear instructions for the warzones as it seems many people have no idea how to play Odessen Proving Grounds or Ancient Hypergates. So they just run around fighting. I have seen people turn the holo-area to their side and then just run off thinking it will stay lit. And how the points are calculated in Ancient hypergates is a better kept secret than the KFC 11 herbs and spices and coca cola formula. Edited by Smuglebunny

I leave all of them as well as Quesh (it's unplayable for a healer). I every time I see it pop I witness everyone bouncing out. I wish the dev team would stop tying to reinvent the wheel and just give us another versions of a node cap map. I find them extremely more entertaining than a multi-objective maze map.

I leave all of them as well as Quesh (it's unplayable for a healer). I every time I see it pop I witness everyone bouncing out. I wish the dev team would stop tying to reinvent the wheel and just give us another versions of a node cap map. I find them extremely more entertaining than a multi-objective maze map.

Quesh is very playable! :)

But whenever I get to odessen, WZ abort sequence is always in motion! :D

Quesh is very playable! :)

But whenever I get to odessen, WZ abort sequence is always in motion! :D

Have you tried to play it as an operative healer? Quesh is the most irritating and frustrating warzone there is. No matter what platform tier a player is on it lights up your Ops frame. I'm getting triggered just thinking about it. Unless everyone is on the same platform the warzone is trash.

Edited by kissingaiur

huttballs and bugs on operatives roll or sorc/sins sprint are so much terrible, each time i play a huttball i want to leave because it's just killing the game.

for odessen well, not the bugs i don't like, it's the bonus which make this map just a lottery other tactics.

huttballs and bugs on operatives roll or sorc/sins sprint are so much terrible, each time i play a huttball i want to leave because it's just killing the game.

for odessen well, not the bugs i don't like, it's the bonus which make this map just a lottery other tactics.

People barely have enough sense to understand civil war. Odessen is beyond the mental capability for an average player. That's why I was kinda laughing when they introduced it with all its weird new mechanics and being a maze like map. What a waste of money, they could have just reskined a node map and made majority of pvpers happy. Majority of pvpers don't want heavy objective maps. We want to kill people, that's where the strategy comes in.

Edited by kissingaiur

How many of you leave Odessen Proving Grounds if you pop it and the queue times arent really long.

I find it the laggiest and most bugged map in the game. I leave 9/10 time if I pop it.

I leave it 98% of the times when reps are in the group. I just don't want them near me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.