Maintenance: April 18th, 2017

EricMusco

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So this patch has been in the works for months, then last week it was moved up a week, AND STILL there are problems last minute to extend the launch of the most populated North American server in your game?!?!?! what do you guys do all day? Honestly between the rubber banding in reg warzones, the lag, class imbalance, no new pvp content and tier upon tier of new gear grinds, i honestly dont see how your taking people's money for this game, if it wasnt star wars, this game would be dead... when will you guys get your act together?

I wouldn't be surprised if when you transferred servers you could keep all your items except ones from the cartel market, thus politely encouraging you to buy more. Oh wait, do they read these?;) PM if you want to hire me. I've got more ideas BW. Edited by IamBear

So this patch has been in the works for months, then last week it was moved up a week, AND STILL there are problems last minute to extend the launch of the most populated North American server in your game?!?!?! what do you guys do all day? Honestly between the rubber banding in reg warzones, the lag, class imbalance, no new pvp content and tier upon tier of new gear grinds, i honestly dont see how your taking people's money for this game, if it wasnt star wars, this game would be dead... when will you guys get your act together?

What are you talking about? The problem is obviously not with the patch itself. It's with your server hamster.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Because that isn't how servers work. There are a large amount of independent variables for each server. I imagine, they probably do run this pushes on test networks and if they had, they would have worked. Like they did for the other servers. The game engine server is separate from the individual realm servers, so the update isn't the direct cause of the issue.

DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT QUALITY CONTROL IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTANDING HOW NETWORKING & PROGRAMMING WORK.

None of you deserve to be "compensated" because a server is taking longer to come up during a scheduled maintenance. The provided an ETA for your benefit, which held true for other servers. Sometimes, servers have issues, they're working on it. In your license agreement, you accept all of these things.

Now quit being children and just wait. I'm sorry you can't play THIS game, THIS very second, THE DAY the content dropped. Get over it.

If this game was free, I would agree with you. When people are paying to play this game, your argument is invalid.

I DEMAND JUStice for... what are we mad about again?

You need to start paying better attention. We're angry because we're on Harbinger...we're fighting for EQUALITY! Harbinger's server isn't online at the EXACT moment the others are, which is clearly intentional...we're being treated like animals in a third world country. We were targeted by Bioware's...um...by their...uh...dammit...now I've lost track...:(

Because that isn't how servers work. There are a large amount of independent variables for each server. I imagine, they probably do run this pushes on test networks and if they had, they would have worked. Like they did for the other servers. The game engine server is separate from the individual realm servers, so the update isn't the direct cause of the issue.

DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT QUALITY CONTROL IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTANDING HOW NETWORKING & PROGRAMMING WORK.

None of you deserve to be "compensated" because a server is taking longer to come up during a scheduled maintenance. The provided an ETA for your benefit, which held true for other servers. Sometimes, servers have issues, they're working on it. In your license agreement, you accept all of these things.

Now quit being children and just wait. I'm sorry you can't play THIS game, THIS very second, THE DAY the content dropped. Get over it.

I work in IT, including CODING, so yes I DO know about QC, which obviously YOU DO NOT. Don't rant at me about "freebies" when I DID NOT SAY JACK SQUAT ABOUT FREEBIES! Take your ******* ******** elsewhere.

I hope they don't retire poor old Boo in the BWA basement. What will he do with retirement? When you stop working, that's when you get old, you know.

But poor old Boo is busting his butt. He needs a vacation of a few months atleast! Boo has a brilliant retirement plan that will net him more than Bill Gates due to Boo's work on the Harbinger Wheel. I personally think, along with quite a few of the other Harbinger residents, that Boo needs; AT MINIMUM a few months of vacation. Preferably a cruise that includes a luxury spa and total relaxation.

If this game was free, I would agree with you. When people are paying to play this game, your argument is invalid.

The argument is not invalid. *I* pay to play this game. You still agree to these services when you pay.

If the game is down for an entire 20 hours a month, that is still over a 97% game uptime, which you agree to in the license you click accept on....

That 2 cents an hour

Doesn't matter how much it is an hour. I'm all for patience, no doubt. But Eric said 30 minutes over an hour ago. Some people don't have all the time in the world and can only play a few hours a day.

You need to start paying better attention. We're angry because we're on Harbinger...we're fighting for EQUALITY! Harbinger's server isn't online at the EXACT moment the others are, which is clearly intentional...we're being treated like animals in a third world country. We were targeted by Bioware's...um...by their...uh...dammit...now I've lost track...:(

oh right EQUALITY!! BIOWARE, YOU NEED TO like idk, continue doing your jobs because the world has constantly changing variables and sometimes things don't work out the way you want, but you're still doing what you can and THAT'S PRETTY NEAT

All I know is every mmo, phone app, game I have played online has usually found a way by offering some form of compensation for instances like this. I've had played thru multiple rollbacks where I lost tons of time, millions of credits, and even a lucky roll that I would never get again...and they literally do nothing to appease their customers. Not that this is a HUGE deal, or that they HAVE to give us something...it's just they are one of the few games who don't. I've gotten free game time in mmos, items, special codes...gems/crystals/ or w.e special currency aka cartel coins as a compensation. (DOESNT EVEN HAVE TO BE A LOT). Well I had the day off today and woke up early and here I sit waiting. Lovely.

The argument is not invalid. *I* pay to play this game. You still agree to these services when you pay.

If the game is down for an entire 20 hours a month, that is still over a 97% game uptime, which you agree to in the license you click accept on....

That doesn't make it good customer service. Then again at least it's not SWG later in it's existence. :D

Eric I posted a thread about this but thought I would post it here. Blood Talon is not rewarding command exp for completion in Veteran mode but is giving command exp for story and master. Is this a bug or intended?

Doesn't matter how much it is an hour. I'm all for patience, no doubt. But Eric said 30 minutes over an hour ago. Some people don't have all the time in the world and can only play a few hours a day.

Yeah it's not a matter of '**** they're taking longer then usual.' I suppose patience at this point is essential, but there's a vast majority of us that are trying to catch a couple hours of downtime on the game on a otherwise busy schedule. It'd just be helpful if they figured this stuff out in advance.

Blah blah blah. That's 97% game uptime for you, because you're unemployed and live off of Mt. Dew, Cheetos, and SWToR. That's not 97% game uptime for people that work a lot.