Star Wars; Rebels Season IV

t-darko

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping Bo Katarn would actually be Mara Jade. Oh well.

Age wouldnt lineup with Luke very well.

I'm still not convinced this show is willing to go dark enough to kill most of the rebels crew like so many fans think is gonna happen. I have a feeling Ezra, Sabine, Hera, chowder, and Zeb will all survive.

Could be wrong, they did kill off Maul after all.

I'm still not convinced this show is willing to go dark enough to kill most of the rebels crew like so many fans think is gonna happen. I have a feeling Ezra, Sabine, Hera, chowder, and Zeb will all survive.

Ya, she's like, what 40 years older than him?

We know Hera and Chopper survive, they are in Rogue One (though whether they survived the battle there no one knows)

Ezra and Sabine I'm sure will survive, Zeb, decent chance but he may not. No real reason to keep him alive.

Kanan is the one most likely to die.

Edited by MadDutchman

Ya, she's like, what 40 years older than him?

We know Hera and Chopper survive, they are in Rogue One (though whether they survived the battle there no one knows)

Ezra and Sabine I'm sure will survive, Zeb, decent chance but he may not. No real reason to keep him alive.

Kanan is the one most likely to die.

How do they kill Kanan without a Vader or Maul? Thrawn hasn't been able to physically hurt the force sensitive characters like Ezra or Kanan and it would be a really ppor way to go if they were killed by an explosion or stormtroopers.

How do they kill Kanan without a Vader or Maul? Thrawn hasn't been able to physically hurt the force sensitive characters like Ezra or Kanan and it would be a really ppor way to go if they were killed by an explosion or stormtroopers.

I'm sure they'll have him heroically sacrifice himself to save the rest of the surviving Ghost crew (or just Ezra personally) from some nefarious trap -- a suitably impressive explosion will probably be involved.

Who's to say she had to have a romance arc with Luke. When I saw the previews I was like...Oh she is gonna be a main rival of Sabine...that's kind of cool. And Thrawn ain't exactly in his original timeline either.

I'm sure they'll have him heroically sacrifice himself to save the rest of the surviving Ghost crew (or just Ezra personally) from some nefarious trap -- a suitably impressive explosion will probably be involved.

This is my thinking as well, which will probably push Ezra out of the Rebellion onto some other path that ensure he's out of the way for the movies

Atm I really don't have any thoughts on who will make it or not. I just try to enjoy the ride.What I do think is that the latest 2 parter deliver. I think I have a check in every box for what's good, even the geeky comic relief that is chopper was well done here I think.

And they're knitting the whole thing together nicely as well, Saws presence and especially his second in command, made me recollect Rogue 1 more than once. Not in a *in your face manner*, but rather in well balanced doses.

And there's something in the images aswell, more depth and detail, and mostly, it don't feel rushed as was the case with the Lost Mission that were the last we saw(pun intended) of TCW.

The strength of these two episodes are the Saw story arc, and as we know how it ends, the story depth has epic proportions, - well, in my point of view . . . ;)

Edited by t-darko

Part 5 and 6, was keeping on par and in some aspects surpass it self this last season. So far have I not been disappointed, the pictorial storytelling seems to have found its definitive form, fact is that every episode so far seem to match and in some aspects go beyond the previous seasons finale in that category.

As for the actual storyteller format Filoni keeps his promise of a "filler free" season so far. Each frame develops the story and the characters. Though it still seem to be an uphill battle when it comes to make our protagonists really interesting. Still it is Kallus that makes my mind go "YaY" each time he appears. Kallus is the character whose journey has been the most enjoyable to watch. When it comes to the Ghost crew it seldom hits that key. Even though undoubtedly Sabine has had an interesting development, and Ezra, even though he on a story level has grown it kinda falls a short. But I'll guess I'm fine with that as they most likely are aimed to interest the kids more than mom and dad. But then again mom and dad's characters, Kanan and Hera, doesn't quite hit the right note either.

I find that their actions most often falls in a chliché trap of adulthood. Lucas always spoke of E4 as an "coming of age" movie, it's my firm belief that a show like SW:Rebels also have had that potential as a "Star Wars Family Fan Show", by creating a discussion startpoint for children to give them an opportunity to ask question about "Grown Ups Mysteries" from a growing child's perspective. But why you ask, it's Star Wars, not any educational proma, well,all in the interest of and seeking a way to make the protagonist character more interesting. Overall I find this to be a real Star Wars conundrum; the Antagonists always seems to be more interesting than the Protagonist.

But to conclude; Rebels delivers, viewed from the parameters it has set for itself, you be a fool to miss it.;)

/cheers

Edited by t-darko

Wolf theories?

To be honest, It might be cliche but I like the theory that the wolf is Ahsoka and that Vader did in fact murder her in the finale making it all the more dramatic and making Vader all the more ruthless.

It finally gives us the conclusion to her character and it shows us she can sort of always appear thanks to the Force which is sorta neat if a writer ever uses her in the future...

Edited by MajorZuma

I think the wolf is definitely involved with Ahsoka somehow, though I don't think it actually is her. It would really fly in the face of what we know about force ghosts, unless she has become something else entirely (considering the events on Mortis this is possible, but I doubt they'd make that kind of abstract reference)

When the white Lothcat was walking up the wolf's head it's ears reminded me so much of Ahsoka's montrals.

EDIT: Another thing to think about, at the end, did the wolf say "Doom" or "Dume?"

EDIT 2: to answer my own question, subtitles apparently say "Dume"

Edited by MadDutchman

I think the wolf is definitely involved with Ahsoka somehow, though I don't think it actually is her. It would really fly in the face of what we know about force ghosts, unless she has become something else entirely (considering the events on Mortis this is possible, but I doubt they'd make that kind of abstract reference)

When the white Lothcat was walking up the wolf's head it's ears reminded me so much of Ahsoka's montrals.

EDIT: Another thing to think about, at the end, did the wolf say "Doom" or "Dume?"

EDIT 2: to answer my own question, subtitles apparently say "Dume"

The Dume moment made me think of Bendu so maybe the wolf is some kind of incarnation that could be a possibility.

Or it was saying Doom and the wolf is gonna lead the rebels crew to its death and thats the end of the show...heh... Just kidding

Wolf theories?

I'd go with another Force manifestation.

A Bendu kinda thing. But more instinctive driven, more primal. On 'Recon' when asked Filoni explains the Wolf as a factor of Balance in the Nature and as that a representation of the Balance in the Force. And why not; the EU was littered with animals attached to the Force in one way or another, by now we got the Convor, the Loth-cat and the Loth-wolf.

The similarities between these are that they so far have, seemingly, been that the are a representations of the Good/Light side of the Force. But as we're getting a new take on the whole Balance in the Force issue I wonder how Evil/Dark side force animal manifestations will appear. (OOh just remembered, didn't we get some of those in season 2?)

Ashoka!? Wasn't the Convor established as "hers" in some way as with "the Daughter" from Mortis?

EDIT;(crap - Forgot) 'Dume' is according to Northern Sotho Oxford Living Dictionaries explained as; (must) wish.

Which could translate the Loth-Wolf's actions as something, like Saving Ezra and Sabine, something that the Force both Wished and/or Had(must) to do for some reason. But this is me really speculating . . .

Edited by t-darko

A Bendu kinda thing. But more instinctive driven, more primal. On 'Recon' when asked Filoni explains the Wolf as a factor of Balance in the Nature and as that a representation of the Balance in the Force. And why not; the EU was littered with animals attached to the Force in one way or another, by now we got the Convor, the Loth-cat and the Loth-wolf.

The similarities between these are that they so far have, seemingly, been that the are a representations of the Good/Light side of the Force. But as we're getting a new take on the whole Balance in the Force issue I wonder how Evil/Dark side force animal manifestations will appear. (OOh just remembered, didn't we get some of those in season 2?)

Ashoka!? Wasn't the Convor established as "hers" in some way as with "the Daughter" from Mortis?

EDIT;(crap - Forgot) 'Dume' is according to Northern Sotho Oxford Living Dictionaries explained as; (must) wish.

Which could translate the Loth-Wolf's actions as something, like Saving Ezra and Sabine, something that the Force both Wished and/or Had(must) to do for some reason. But this is me really speculating . . .

I think it for sure has a connection or some sort of link at least with Ahsoka.

My original theory was that the wolf itself was like a force incarnation of Ahsoka. A manifestation or some kind of ghost that was linked to her and after seeing that Filoni said the wolf represents balance, to me it's another connection to Ahsoka considering Filoni has said he gave Ahsoka white lightsabers to symbolize where she was at in the Force. Ahsoka isnt a Grey Jedi, she left the Order completely so she isn't a Jedi anymore and she even says in her final confrontation with Vader.

And Filoni has said Ahsoka will for sure return in season 4, now would why he spoil a major plot point like that if it's not because he knows it'll be in a way we won't originally expect.

Dume is Kanan's real last name. I doubt there is any more linguistic implication beyond that.

Yeah it's Caleb Dume isn't it? I don't think he was responding to Ezra, I think he recognized Kanan walking up.

As for the Wolf-Asohka theory, Filoni's already commented on that. He states Asohka has met the Wolves, but she is not the Wolf.

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

Rebels goes on to prove they pay better attention to Star wars Lore than that garbage Abrams throws at us. They actually had a Keldor and mentioned Corellia.

If you're talking about Saw's co-pilot from the In the Name of the Rebellion episodes, that's not a Kel'dor, he's a Tognath, a species introduced in Rogue One.

Edited by DarthDymond

According to the Star Wars FB page, tomorrow's episodes are going to introduce "Thrawn's assassin" Rukh -- and I guess by extension the Noghri -- to the Canon continuity. Be interesting to see what they keep and what they reimagine for them, particularly with how Rukh plays into the end of the Grand Admiral.

I was never a fan of the TIE Defender, but seeing it so much on Rebels recently has made me want to play the old TIE Fighter game. Actually, what I really want is a modern Star Wars flight sim in the vein of those old X-Wing/TIE Fighter games.

I'm glad to see some of the old canon becoming infused in the new canon. I recently saw a Lego TIE-style fighter at Walmart that looked a lot like the Phantom TIE Fighter from Rebel Assault II.

Yeah it's from that Freemaker adventures, and yes it basically is a TIE Phantom. I've been tempted to buy it. JEK-14's (or whatever his name was) from the Clone Wars LEGO series had an E-Wing set too.

As for the TIE Defender, I have the LEGO one. It is the best fighter there is, EU-canonically it was the best fighter in the Galaxy until the Yuzhaan Vong War and the Chiss Clawcraft surpassed it. Even in the Legacy era it was still considered a serious threat. It was the counterpart to the Advanced X-Wing in Galaxies' Jump to Lightspeed, one of the best fighters in that game too.

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

Yeah it's from that Freemaker adventures, and yes it basically is a TIE Phantom. I've been tempted to buy it. JEK-14's (or whatever his name was) from the Clone Wars LEGO series had an E-Wing set too.

As for the TIE Defender, I have the LEGO one. It is the best fighter there is, EU-canonically it was the best fighter in the Galaxy until the Yuzhaan Vong War and the Chiss Clawcraft surpassed it. Even in the Legacy era it was still considered a serious threat. It was the counterpart to the Advanced X-Wing in Galaxies' Jump to Lightspeed, one of the best fighters in that game too.

I just could never get into the Defender; maybe it's the aesthetics. I'm an Interceptor fanboy. Even in Galaxies, I almost exclusively flew the Royal Guard Interceptor once I earned it.

So we got an answer on the whole Dume mess. Correctly, as you guys pointed out, it was Kanan that was implied. But on the other hand, having that name, what the word translates to and add the fact that yet another Force creature 'know' him. Well, Kanans fate seems to be one of surprisingly more significance than we could know . . .

As for the Star Wars Tech Fan Section I got nothing to contribute with;) as you all know:)

Can't say that these episodes were a let down, but the pace halted some in 'Crawler . . . ' But, well, Heras '"i'm in charge kiss", what can I say: It's charming and cute. Main question though will be the attachment issue, you know "Fear of Loss Leads to the Darkside", will they play that hand?

And there's the thing with the cave paintings; the indigenous population describing Jedis coming down from heaven, much like angels descend on Earth. We saw some of these paintings in the trailers, but reaching back in Jedi history like that takes us into EU territory, well at least that's my initially thought . . .

Edited by t-darko