Hoarding >1000 Unassembled components.....Pre 5.2

Storm-Cutter

Are we supposed to by storing UCs ( Unassembled components) by buying unassembled gear pieces and re-selling back to the vendor before the bind timer runs out, since I reached the 1000 cap a week or two back? ( like we did in the old days with old WZ comms)

If we can get extra 'storage' this way it seems to be the sensible thing to do.... But someone might have better intel / workaround on this?

There doesn't seem much point in upgrading a couple of minor things to 242, since it'll be obsolete in a few days.

OFC 1000 UC cap was stupid small to start with. - What were they thinking?

Are we supposed to by storing UCs ( Unassembled components) by buying unassembled gear pieces and re-selling back to the vendor before the bind timer runs out, since I reached the 1000 cap a week or two back? ( like we did in the old days with old WZ comms)

If we can get extra 'storage' this way it seems to be the sensible thing to do.... But someone might have better intel / workaround on this?

There doesn't seem much point in upgrading a couple of minor things to 242, since it'll be obsolete in a few days.

OFC 1000 UC cap was stupid small to start with. - What were they thinking?

back when Taoneise (SP) armor was a thing and I was in full Rakata, i just sold the com gear for credits.... not sure if that applies or anything. but it was a good way to get credits.

Edited by CKNORTH

Credits is one thing I really don't need any more of...

But gear for PvP and the (very) occasional operation.... I don't want to be wasting the currency.... Especially with another gear level in a few days. EIDT: and my alts are so far behind in gear, I'm not kitting them out now I'm basically down to 1 character ( from 20+)

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Credits is one thing I really don't need any more of...

But gear for PvP and the (very) occasional operation.... I don't want to be wasting the currency.... Especially with another gear level in a few days. EIDT: and my alts are so far behind in gear, I'm not kitting them out now I'm basically down to 1 character ( from 20+)

yeah its a dilemma for sure. not sure what to say, but for all I know is that with a gear change they will change currency for it Again.... so who knows what will happen. they change one thing and it leads to changing several things that don't need to be changed... :(

The only currency I've not got lots of is ranked tokens. everything else... oodles. - even tauntaun data, fleet comms, and CM certs , golden certs, Rackghoul DNA canisters and Gree matrixes. And loads of mats.....

:)

Edited by Storm-Cutter

The only currency I've not got lots of is ranked tokens. everything else... oodles. - even tauntaun data, fleet comms, and CM certs , golden certs, Rackghoul DNA canisters and Gree matrixes. And loads of mats.....

:)

Good Grief!! if you want to dump some credits let me know! Bahaha!!

Edit: Btw I am only teasing, I have found greener pastures elsewhere and now that EA is previewing BF2 and I am getting burned on BF1 and as well with this games uh.... well I don't think ill be reinvesting in another EA Star Wars game any time soon....

Edited by CKNORTH

Hmm interesting idea with that resale.

i hit 1000 on 3 toons now and wanted to keep some mission rewards for 5.2 but since if someone hands in the mission it gives the reward to u too, it didnt work and i had to accept the rewards.

Still, what is the timer? Will you still have time to get the components back? I mean if u buy tokens for 200 components will you have enough time to get 200 components back before timer expires?

just the PvP and GSF daily and weekly mostly. - I never have enough spare time for Ops.

Yesterday we had a blast and everyone got the GSF weekly done in a night. - Even the losing sides. - And I think I've bought 4 or 5 gear pieces with the UCs already.

The sellback timer is 2 hrs, so if you're near the cap, buy a couple of level 1 unassembled pieces for UCs, and keep them in your inventory. As the timer gets near (ish) zero minutes, sell it back for your UCs and buy another, effectively resetting the timer.

Best set a reminder ( such as on your phone - for 1.5 hours or so.) coz if you go over, you can't sell back, and you're stuck with whatever you bought.

IIRC in the past, people did it with WZ comms. Long before you could buy up comms as a leagacy bound package and mail them to your alts - alas even that's a thing of the past...

If UCs are still currency for gear, that way I hope I'll be able to spend my 1000 and sell back any in inventory to top up again.....

Though no-one knows exactly how the currency for the 5.2 gear system is going to work... hence the OP question.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Yeah, the PvP'ers will have the max rating gear first because of this UC system. Raiders who want this gear will have to do PvP as well, considering only the last bosses in NiM seem to be dropping the BiS gear according to the patch notes.

Of course the new ops boss will drop it in HM, but then it's just one boss at the moment. So I suspect this boss will get farmed to crap with alts.

I'm surprised that hasn't created any reactions yet to be honest.

How do you guys earn so many? I struggle to earn them. I think while there players maxing out like you guys, there are a lot of returning players like me that dont have anything.

Well, I've been doing my Regs pvp dailies every day on 2 toons for about a month. If you do that, you can earn 200-250 UCs per week, per toon.

How do you guys earn so many? I struggle to earn them. I think while there players maxing out like you guys, there are a lot of returning players like me that dont have anything.

I just do my GSF and Ranked Dailies every day or when i play (3-4 times per week). Mainly GSF is great since you get 10 components for a win. Pops are faster than PVP as the matchmaking is not so complex and dependent on classes etc.

Yesterday we had a blast and everyone got the GSF weekly done in a night. - Even the losing sides. - And I think I've bought 4 or 5 gear pieces with the UCs already.

lol i dont stop GSFing on tuesday until weekly is done on both imp and rep toons :)

The sellback timer is 2 hrs, so if you're near the cap, buy a couple of level 1 unassembled pieces for UCs, and keep them in your inventory. As the timer gets near (ish) zero minutes, sell it back for your UCs and buy another, effectively resetting the timer.

Ah ok thats how u do it.

Yeah, the PvP'ers will have the max rating gear first because of this UC system. Raiders who want this gear will have to do PvP as well, considering only the last bosses in NiM seem to be dropping the BiS gear according to the patch notes.

Well most NiM raiders get the gear from the drops anyway, but almost all do PVP anyway so its not a issue for raiders. With this system i think everyone wins.

Only casuals have it slow since they only have the command crates.

lol i dont stop GSFing on tuesday until weekly is done on both imp and rep toons :)

Much as I would love to do the same... I have 5 a.m. starts some days.... {yawns} and once I go to sleep, all my friends go to sleep....

I'd like to think that no one wants to play if I'm off the team... but that's just a [Kevin the] bantha-sized ego talking. :)

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Well most NiM raiders get the gear from the drops anyway, but almost all do PVP anyway so its not a issue for raiders. With this system i think everyone wins.

Only casuals have it slow since they only have the command crates.

Most NiM raiders before 5.0 got their gear from drops.

Did you read the part where it says ONLY THE LAST BOSS will drop BiS gear?

Some more hardcore guilds might be organised in a way that people have multiple alts to do alt runs on the last boss in NiM but it requires a certain level of skill and organisation to pull that off.

A lot of progression guilds that are struggling through NiM are going to find out soon enough that if they want BiS gear on their toons before 6.0 hits with the next level cap etc. that they will only be able to manage this by doing PvP.

Edited by Tsillah

I'd like to do more GSF for UCs, but the queue pop times are abysmal on Begeren Colony - at least during my active hours.

As for Ops, yeah, those remain uncharted territory for me. Too much time investment, too much organization required for someone with odd play time schedule like me. So I stick to pvp activities, in the hope that someday I'll be able to do Ops and not make a mess of myself because of gear.

i hit 1000 on 3 toons now...
WOW! I'm impressed...and really jealous. Are you in full 242 gear by chance? Have you spent any of the components yet or have you been hoarding them? Just curious because that's a crap ton of PvPing. I've only got one toon that I PvP on and I'm only at 1000 as of yesterday.

If all one does is pvp in several characters it's not that hard. The main issue, I think, is getting the queues to pop. Takes me about 1-2 hours per toon per day every day to get those 250 weekly UCs. Edited by Dbohrius

WOW! I'm impressed...and really jealous. Are you in full 242 gear by chance? Have you spent any of the components yet or have you been hoarding them? Just curious because that's a crap ton of PvPing. I've only got one toon that I PvP on and I'm only at 1000 as of yesterday.

I have a bit over 2,200 on my main and about 650 on my second alt. I have not spent only 200 UC from my main. It was confirmed that tier 3 = tier 4 with 5.2, but I anticipated that since the first data dump that their is a new PvP tier, like end of Jan. 2.5 month worth of PvP.

I geared my main through GC, and I am in mix of 240 with and 242s except one relic which is 236.

The real pain though is I am currently holding 12 MH unassembled weapons in rotation to change before the timer expires. Major pain in the butt :mad:

If all one does is pvp in several characters it's not that hard. The main issue, I think, is getting the queues to pop. Takes me about 1-2 hours per toon per day every day to get those 250 weekly UCs.

We have very differing ideas of what "not that hard" is...I don't have nearly the time to dedicate 1-2 hours per day, per toon, to this game - that's about 4-6 hours per day...that's WAY beyond any casual level of playing imo...that's full time.

I have a bit over 2,200 on my main and about 650 on my second alt. I have not spent only 200 UC from my main. It was confirmed that tier 3 = tier 4 with 5.2, but I anticipated that since the first data dump that their is a new PvP tier, like end of Jan. 2.5 month worth of PvP.

I geared my main through GC, and I am in mix of 240 with and 242s except one relic which is 236.

The real pain though is I am currently holding 12 MH unassembled weapons in rotation to change before the timer expires. Major pain in the butt :mad:

Well done man...I'm very envious! I was going to correct you and say you the cap is 1,000, obviously you're talking about something else, but then I read your last line and I was like "ahhhh"...that's dedication :D.

Well done man...I'm very envious! I was going to correct you and say you the cap is 1,000, obviously you're talking about something else, but then I read your last line and I was like "ahhhh"...that's dedication :D.

One time I was in an FP and realized there were 5 minutes to spare. I was like ohh s***. I told group brb went to the fleet and exchanged them real quick.

I am too scared to run an ops now :(