You know the middle finger has been lifted when this happened

LordAppius

more content is coming in 9 days.

I know this is not wow and Bioware does not put enough money into this game, but go and check WOW 7.2 patch and then compare it to swtor 5.2. The amount of content on that patch is larger than any swtor expansion. All swtor expansions are smaller than one single wow expansions. I know you should not compare which is not comparable, but this company is just lazyyyyyyy.

But they hear us! (they just don't care :rak_03:)

I know this is not wow and Bioware does not put enough money into this game, but go and check WOW 7.2 patch and then compare it to swtor 5.2. The amount of content on that patch is larger than any swtor expansion. All swtor expansions are smaller than one single wow expansions. I know you should not compare which is not comparable, but this company is just lazyyyyyyy.

But they hear us! (they just don't care :rak_03:)

I'm not interested in boring wow. So no. I don't care. If you care then go play wow.

Do they need to invest more money and have larger and more frequent content releases? Yeah... I'd like that. Would I trade that for the proper storytelling, cinematic dialogue and voice acting? No, no I would not. I did my time in WoW... Find it distinctly boring which is why I quit a long long time ago... To each their own I guess...

I'm not interested in boring wow. So no. I don't care. If you care then go play wow.

and then i think about how much content u get in a FFXIV:ARR expansion and it still looks like a) BW is lazy OR b) it doesn't give a f***; OR c) it doesn't know how to make an MMO appealing in more than 1 aspect at a time lol:D:D:D:D:D

Oh, for the love of...

One raid boss, one [DAILY] area that you could probably tear through in 20 minutes, and a little breadcrumb story to pad that the first time through. Oh, and more of the same extant-since-alpha items re-skinned/-coloured for the 1,098,888,764,356th time by whichever intern gets the detail that week.

In two years.

Just stop.

Oh, for the love of...

One raid boss, one [DAILY] area that you could probably tear through in 20 minutes, and a little breadcrumb story to pad that the first time through. Oh, and more of the same extant-since-alpha items re-skinned/-coloured for the 1,098,888,764,356th time by whichever intern gets the detail that week.

In two years.

Just stop.

again... everyone would like more content... but personally i wouldnt give up voiced dialogues and scripted interactions and actual story that you play through for that. I couldnt go back to text quests, Ops or FPs where i wasnt at all invested as i had no proper interaction with either the quest giver or the villain in the story and such... but thats just me... cant speak for anybody else ofc.

again... everyone would like more content... but personally i wouldnt give up voiced dialogues and scripted interactions and actual story that you play through for that. I couldnt go back to text quests, Ops or FPs where i wasnt at all invested as i had no proper interaction with either the quest giver or the villain in the story and such... but thats just me... cant speak for anybody else ofc.

I agree with the voice/story stuff that it is what makes swtor swtor. But right now what we are being given is not enough any more and I fear it's just going downhill overall.

Honestly, I don't want swtor to end, I really like the story part mechanics. But it's just not enough, and I feel every other content mechanic is being reduced to almost nothing. I mean, I quit a year ago. I resubbed this month to catch up on the story and get Kira, my companion, back. Kira hasn't returned in the story yet and it has drained all my interest in playing. I have now finished all the chapters that I missed and it took me a total of three days.

1 year story content got consumed in three days. What is there outside the story any more? Grinding dailies? That's pretty much it. PVP is unbalanced and un-fun. Space combat is apparently just as much (and It's not something I'm interested in). Ops hasn't seen new content in forever.

I recently tried to look for some new gear looks. There has been very little new unique gear choices that aren't over the top shiny armour models or re-skins. This is primarily because making jedi robes is a waste of money when they could spend the time and resources making armour that fits on every character.

I just don't feel like any of the last years content is class specific or story specific. My light-side jedi has started to feel pretty generic. This isn't a class based mmo any more. It's gotten generic, dull and just.. shallow.

Edited by GuillimanT

I understand the sentiment of the April Fools joke but it's at a time when many perceive the game as erroneously investing rpg story content over mmo content. I mean come on 7 million to supposedlypay Blur to do the animation promo for KOTFE? If that rumor is true imagine all the theme park mmo rides they could've developed for the game.

The story has come at the expense of the daily grind type of content and the result are these near empty servers. I really hope they pay attention to the metrics and develop new pvp maps, gsf content, operations as I'm fairly certain those people who have remained in this game do that instead of uprisings, flashpoints, heroics, and repeating story chapters.

It's not just WoW. FFXIV, ESO, hell, even truly F2P MMOs like Lord of the Rings Online... they all provide tons more content than EAWare does for this game in every expansion, or even just in patches. This game should not receive such anemic amounts of money and attention when it has the multi-billion-dollar-corporation-might of EA and the world recognized IP of Star Wars behind it. Seriously, screwing up such an easy sell as a Star Wars game displays shocking levels of incompetence and short-sightedness, both of which are in abundance when it comes to how TOR has been handled.

I don't hate this game. I don't want this game to die. I'd love to see it flourish and grow. But you want to talk about boring? It's boring as hell to have nothing to run but the same content for two years straight. Offering us up one new daily area and one new ops boss this month isn't enough to balance out two years of boredom and repetition. Getting a day's worth of playtime--at best--out of all the story chapters from BOTH the Keeping Up With The Valkorions expansions combined does not balance out two years of boredom and repetition. I'm literally only still in this game because of my friends in the RP scene at this point, and even they are now fleeing the game in droves for greener, less boring MMO pastures, which gives me little reason to stay myself.

EAWare should never have let the game get to this state, and they are not acting fast enough or doing enough to try to save what's left of this community. Ben Irving can think RNG is EXCITING!!!!! all he wants, but the exodus of players after 5.0 dropped proved the player base didn't feel the same, and they're never going to feel the same. We need content that isn't drip-fed to us as slowly as possible. The game has been starving for too long for that to save it.

Edited by AscendingSky

Which will literally only last like an hour at best...

It's not just WoW. FFXIV, ESO, hell, even truly F2P MMOs like Lord of the Rings Online... they all provide tons more content than EAWare does for this game in every expansion, or even just in patches. This game should not receive such anemic amounts of money and attention when it has the multi-billion-dollar-corporation-might of EA and the world recognized IP of Star Wars behind it. Seriously, screwing up such an easy sell as a Star Wars game displays shocking levels of incompetence and short-sightedness, both of which are in abundance when it comes to how TOR has been handled.

I don't hate this game. I don't want this game to die. I'd love to see it flourish and grow. But you want to talk about boring? It's boring as hell to have nothing to run but the same content for two years straight. Offering us up one new daily area and one new ops boss this month isn't enough to balance out two years of boredom and repetition. Getting a day's worth of playtime--at best--out of all the story chapters from BOTH the Keeping Up With The Valkorions expansions combined does not balance out two years of boredom and repetition. I'm literally only still in this game because of my friends in the RP scene at this point, and even they are now fleeing the game in droves for greener, less boring MMO pastures, which gives me little reason to stay myself.

EAWare should never have let the game get to this state, and they are not acting fast enough or doing enough to try to save what's left of this community. Ben Irving can think RNG is EXCITING!!!!! all he wants, but the exodus of players after 5.0 dropped proved the player base didn't feel the same, and they're never going to feel the same. We need content that isn't drip-fed to us as slowly as possible. The game has been starving for too long for that to save it.

I love you. <3

Edited by Talon_strikes

personally i havent played all those games (except for WoW)... do they have fully voiced dialogues, scripted interactions and other such nice storytelling features as SWTOR? Do they make me care about whatever plight im trying to stop at one time or another... do they make me care about furthering my cause? ... or do they just put me through the motions? I know WoW doesnt, or at least didnt when i played... which is what makes it far more boring the SWTOR regardless of the amount of content. You're not wrong in your description of the way they have handled this massive IP per say mind you... they should certainly be doing better.

personally i havent played all those games (except for WoW)... do they have fully voiced dialogues, scripted interactions and other such nice storytelling features as SWTOR? Do they make me care about whatever plight im trying to stop at one time or another... do they make me care about furthering my cause? ... or do they just put me through the motions? I know WoW doesnt, or at least didnt when i played... which is what makes it far more boring the SWTOR regardless of the amount of content. You're not wrong in your description of the way they have handled this massive IP per say mind you... they should certainly be doing better.

ESO has a story - actually there's an overall story for the character and then each faction has a story. And I actually enjoyed it but I don't think any of the expansions added to it - at least, I didn't notice much of a story with Craglorn which is the only expansion I played around in. Your character isn't voiced and I don't recall any cinematics in which your character actually does stuff. You can make choices in dialogue options during quests but I don't think those choices affect anything beyond that quest - or maybe I just didn't play long enough to see anything. I quit after Craglorn was released.

FFXIV - your character isn't voiced and I don't think you can make any choices at all or rather I don't recall if you could or not, it's been awhile since I played. The story is there but I found it to be a bit disjointed and contradictory in places. It does get a lot of content updates but I haven't seen most of them so I can't speak to story in expansions. It's a game I preferred to play with other people and my friends quit and I got bored and also quit and haven't been back.

The Secret World had a good story, I enjoyed that a lot but you don't make many choices (there are some subtle choices) and your character isn't voiced and I would have to say that it suffered from lack of new content even more than SWTOR. Which is now a moot point as they're doing an entire overhaul and re-releasing the game as Secret World Legends. Any story continuation will be in Legends.

I have not played LotRO so I couldn't speak for anything there. I played Aion long ago and it had a story-ish with cinematics kinda and no voiced PC. I've played Black Desert Online which used to have a story but from what I can tell they actually removed all or most of the cinematics so following what story actually existed is problematic and no voiced PC. I played WoW for a year and I won't go back.

SWTOR has nice story telling? LOL.

Everything after 1.0 was a compete failure story wise. Cheesy, illogical, under developed, with lame dialogue and uninteresting characters.

If this is SWTOR main selling point than it is surely an epic fail. Voice overs? Most games (even other MMOs) are already doing that now. And it does not matter how good your voice overs are (they are pretty good in SWTOR) if your dialogue sounds like some gibberish a 10 year old put together.

SWTOR has nice story telling? LOL.

Everything after 1.0 was a compete failure story wise. Cheesy, illogical, under developed, with lame dialogue and uninteresting characters.

If this is SWTOR main selling point than it is surely an epic fail. Voice overs? Most games (even other MMOs) are already doing that now. And it does not matter how good your voice overs are (they are pretty good in SWTOR) if your dialogue sounds like some gibberish a 10 year old put together.

You are ofc entitled to your opinion... Plz allow me to disagree... I enjoyed the whole story just fine as well as how the character is placed within it...

Edited by Valceanu

You are ofc entitled to your opinion... Plz allow me to disagree... I enjoyed the whole story just fine as well as how the character is placed within it...

Of course you are free to like it. But for some of us it's kind of hard to understand how you like things like make a special weapon that's required to beat Arcann and then never actually need the weapon.

Or how beating Vaylin in the end was completely dead easy compared to how powerful she was supposed to be.

I mean, I'll leave it at those two examples but I hope you can see that people can see that as storytelling mistakes also.

The worst of it for me lies in a few other elements however. First of all how they handle the original companions, which is terrible in my view and it's taking them years to fix it (not to mention broken romances etc). Secondly, what we also lost after 1.0 is class stories. That killed replay value. And lastly, we got into the story telling style that was so over-the-top that they had to resort to gimmicky story telling. I mean, how many times are they going to ressurrect Revan or Kephess. Oh I almost forgot the title your character gets....I mean really, Alliance Commander?

And listen. In the end, the story of Valkorion and your character is nothing more than an elongated Jedi Knight version of chapter 1 of the inquisitor story line. Valkorion? Pfff, Zash already tried that.

Again you are free to enjoy all of it, but for some of us there are some things that we can't ignore because they stick out like a sore thumb. I suppose it's hard for me to see why you don't notice these things or why they don't bother you, but hey, we're all different and that's certainly fair enough.