Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Stacking of sniper AoE - worse than stacking of smash

Cretinus

This AoE slow DoT thing needs to be adjusted. Snipers are stacking more and more and the complete ground is becoming a perma AoE slow DoT zone. Never mind where one's standing, one is always slowed by 70% without CD and eating perma DoTs. This is as "exciting" as smash was.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This AoE slow DoT thing needs to be adjusted. Snipers are stacking more and more and the complete ground is becoming a perma AoE slow DoT zone. Never mind where one's standing, one is always slowed by 70% without CD and eating perma DoTs. This is as "exciting" as smash was.

Not to mention the impact the massive AoE has on most maps in PvP. For example in Novare Coast, capping has become a dystopian exercise in futility.

There are no Class balance changes currently planned for 5.2. I will keep you guys updated on when any Class changes will be coming in the future as soon as I have that information.

-eric

Git fekked. Middle finger from EAware, 4 months since last 'balance' changes aka the launch of 5.0 and it will probably be 2 more months.

How hard could it be to implement something like a 'once every 30 seconds' or radius reduction only for PvP maps?

BLABLABLABLA backseat dev BLABLABLABLA oh and mercs too hurrdurrr

I just don't understand why BW thinks that it's a great idea to go completely over board with such absurd styles like this one, or smash, or sorc healer gods etc. Sure, some people will do a fotm reroll, but loads of others will play less because they don't want to waste their time with futile attempts to fight the supermen of the month. At the end, these things won't increase profit, or the game's popularity, but rather urge people to unsub.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Edited by Cretinus

It's not just a PvP utility...it's part of the dps rotation in PvE too silly goose, and it always has been. Can't give it a cooldown without hurting overall dps. Only the slow needs a reduction.

In pve, if you have to keep reapplying it you'll lose dps from the energy loss.

The most proposed change cooldown wise is 9 second, which is the time between each application in pve anyway.

So I do believe its possible to fix the ability for pvp without screwing pve.

Stacking any class is bad. How about a bunch of Sorc healers or a 4 man Sin death squad? Stop asking for nerfs based on class stacking. There is no basis for it.

Not to mention the impact the massive AoE has on most maps in PvP. For example in Novare Coast, capping has become a dystopian exercise in futility.

What about when you have 4 Sorcs spamming Force Storm?

Edited by Icykill_

... Stop asking for nerfs based on class stacking. There is no basis for it.

Long CD on Enet means nothing if you have 4+ Mercs on your team.....

So there's no basis for nerfs based on class stacking, unless this class is merc with electronet because they annoy you personally?!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

At least, you could try not to contradict yourself!

Edited by Cretinus

This AoE thing needs to be adjusted, full stop. Just been to a WZ where an entranched sniper was able to control things almost on his own. There is no reason why this would be fine, sorry. BW needs to adjust this style asap.

And BTW, when Lokath goes online - are we still going to have this crap?! It's going to be a horrible slow fest, I can't even imagine myself wanting to play it.

Edited by Cretinus

This AoE thing needs to be adjusted, full stop. Just been to a WZ where an entranched sniper was able to control things almost on his own. There is no reason why this would be fine, sorry. BW needs to adjust this style asap.

Just one single lone engineering sniper....controlled the warzone on his or her own? Well...sorry to say this but it doesn't say anything about you and your team then.

The spec isn't omnipotent...you do know that don't you?

You're talking like the spec is brand new and has only just been brought out. I got news for you bud....this playstyle has been around since launch. Instead of complaining about it, teach yourself how to counter it.

One sniper indeed...honestly.

That post right there folks is a learn to play issue...nothing more.

Edited by BaineOs

So there's no basis for nerfs based on class stacking, unless this class is merc with electronet because they annoy you personally?!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

At least, you could try not to contradict yourself!

I'm not calling for nerfs 😉 Or contradicting myself. Sure enet is annoying, but not enough for me to ever call for it to be nerfed. It's hardly game breaking, so I'm not sure why you are getting all defensive about it.

I'm just pointing out that Mercs have the highest proportion of players. Nearly every match has anywhere from 2-8 Mercs. So it doesn't matter if Enet has a longer CD because the Merc - sniper ratio is about 6-1.

Stacking any class causes a massive issue.

Edited by Icykill_

And BTW, when Lokath goes online - are we still going to have this crap?! It's going to be a horrible slow fest, I can't even imagine myself wanting to play it.

And what class were you on?

Just one single lone engineering sniper....controlled the warzone on his or her own? Well...sorry to say this but it doesn't say anything about you and your team then.

The spec isn't omnipotent...you do know that don't you?

You're talking like the spec is brand new and has only just been brought out. I got news for you bud....this playstyle has been around since launch. Instead of complaining about it, teach yourself how to counter it.

One sniper indeed...honestly.

That post right there folks is a learn to play issue...nothing more.

I bet he plays a Merc too 😉

I bet he plays a Merc too 😉

Lots bad merc out there lots, I despise killing snipers more then mercs, then again there are less bad snipers out there then bad mercs.

None the less both are lil ridiculous atm, and BW doing nothing about for this long tells me they given in to failure. that or put whats left there dev team on the job of trying to fix the hole they made direct to china with 5.0 and the horrible implementation of CX crates and RNG and remove of armor drops from all bosses in ops. that probably done permanent damage to populations of the game, even with reverting happening i dont see the populations recouping

Edited by Kyuuu

Not saying eng sniper is balanced, but people do not remember smash era in 1.0. Losing 35% of your HP instantly in from AOE skill. Eng sniper does not even come remotely close.

While the smash era was bad, I made a living as Vengeance spec by hunting down and killing smash monkeys, because they were easy to kill. Literally all they had going for them was the burst. The same cannot be said for snipers and mercs in their current state, as not only do they pump out ridiculous amounts of damage, but they are extremely difficult to kill.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.