Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

PvP On Iokath

EricMusco

let's be honest too : your actual pvp in 5.0 is real garbage.

your command rank grinding system is real garbage, the droprate is total garbage.

don't do balance ok, i don't resub like numerous othe rplayers already stopping this sh...garbage.

and fix the powertech leap bug, you incompetent !!!!!!

Edited by Thaladan

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was doing some "open world" PvP today. The amount of lag I got was ridiculous! And I have a great computer, wifi, and graphics card to boot! So it's not on my end. The question I have is, how are the Devs going to deal with the lag experienced in large group battles? It has happened since 1.0. Remember the battles on Ilum? Spam buttons, pray your attack goes through and that you are getting healed while the stop motion picture plays out.

There are no Class balance changes currently planned for 5.2. I will keep you guys updated on when any Class changes will be coming in the future as soon as I have that information.

-eric

eric u so killed my good mood. looked at some logs on parsely........... there's like a 2k dps gap between the top gunslinger and top sage parse. and u're saying this is not going to change???:eek::(:eek: can't do nim ops or any hm outside of kp/ev at all if i'm lagging at least 2k behind other specs u know (well.. i could.... but ther dps would have to carry and i'm sure they wouldn't appreciate the extra work lol) this cat is sad :(

Hey folks,

Ex: If you are Trooper who chose to fight for the Republic, you will be flagged as an enemy against a Jedi Knight who is fighting for the Empire.

-eric

I have some questions about this?

What happens if the Trooper and the Jedi are in the same group?

Will your spawn point on Iokath be based on your faction, or on the side that you are fighting for?

Will you be able to summon people from the side that you are fighting against if you are grouped with them?

Can you summon group members into an enemy camp?

Will you be able to group up with people that are fighting for the same side as you are even if you are different factions? If so, can you do operations with that group?

Will you be prevented from grouping with someone from your same faction if they are fighting for the other side?

What about players that have not done the story. Can you group with them and summon them to Iokath? If you can, will they be your enemy, the opposition's enemy, an enemy to both sides, or nobody's enemy?

I know that there are more questions like this out there, I wonder if you have answers to these though.

Edited by Exly

Well I would like to know:

1) Will there be any class balance before the start?

2) How do you adress gear disparity due to gc-system?

No 1 is already a No. Any info about bolstering the pvp area? Else I'm afraid it will turn into a farm fest :(

I posted above about pvp on iokath, but since that is only one portion of the changes coming with 5.2, here is my current status as of now: commando rank 297 and I am confident by apr 11 I will have hit 300. Mind you: that took me from day one of the release 5.0. Now that I've reached it, I know I do not need to wait/farm for 242 gear because in 120 crates (180 - 300) I got 1 (one, uno !) 242 gear piece and that was an earpiece to boot.

Yes, I know, the next 100 crates will contain the better gear and guaranteed 1 set bonus piece each. But:

1. there will be countless doublettes
  2. it will not be the top-end but mostly blue or purple and
  3. the amount of CXP needed will increase further.

So I fully expect it takes me at least 1 day per crate = 100 days to 400 and that with no guarantee whatsoever that I have all golden gear at the end of it. Plus: no playtime for my alts who still linger around with 230-gear or worse.

A game has to be fun and the player needs to feel rewarded if he/she puts effort into it.

That is no longer the case and you can see the result directly in player-numbers/server and # of subscriptions. All that had been said multiple times, but I still think I had to say it one more time.

Arkira

I posted above about pvp on iokath, but since that is only one portion of the changes coming with 5.2, here is my current status as of now: commando rank 297 and I am confident by apr 11 I will have hit 300. Mind you: that took me from day one of the release 5.0. Now that I've reached it, I know I do not need to wait/farm for 242 gear because in 120 crates (180 - 300) I got 1 (one, uno !) 242 gear piece and that was an earpiece to boot.

Yes, I know, the next 100 crates will contain the better gear and guaranteed 1 set bonus piece each. But:

1. there will be countless doublettes
  2. it will not be the top-end but mostly blue or purple and
  3. the amount of CXP needed will increase further.

So I fully expect it takes me at least 1 day per crate = 100 days to 400 and that with no guarantee whatsoever that I have all golden gear at the end of it. Plus: no playtime for my alts who still linger around with 230-gear or worse.

A game has to be fun and the player needs to feel rewarded if he/she puts effort into it.

That is no longer the case and you can see the result directly in player-numbers/server and # of subscriptions. All that had been said multiple times, but I still think I had to say it one more time.

Arkira

There won't be a rank 400 yet. 300 stays max but only 300 will grant new boxes.

eric u so killed my good mood. looked at some logs on parsely........... there's like a 2k dps gap between the top gunslinger and top sage parse. and u're saying this is not going to change???:eek::(:eek: can't do nim ops or any hm outside of kp/ev at all if i'm lagging at least 2k behind other specs u know (well.. i could.... but ther dps would have to carry and i'm sure they wouldn't appreciate the extra work lol) this cat is sad :(

Parsing gives no real indication on balance or pvp potential, especially in OWPVP.

No 1 is already a No. Any info about bolstering the pvp area? Else I'm afraid it will turn into a farm fest :(

They are increasing it from 232 to 236 lvl. Which in my opinion isn't high enough.

Edited by Icykill_

They are increasing it from 232 to 236 lvl. Which in my opinion isn't high enough.

The bolster only applies to warzones but my questions is about open world PvP. I assume a new 70 will arrive there with 210-220 gear. Imo expertise was way more balanced than this now. You could farm your wz comms in low-lvl and equip basic pvp-gear and were good to go. Now starter gear (230 with 5.2?!) won't help you against veterans in 242 (soon 248?) gear.

Another thing I'm still not sure is how pvp flagging works on Iokath. The statement from Eric Musco is not clear.

Iokath will behave like all other open world areas in the game. If you are in a PvE instance, you will not experience any PvP unless you flag yourself or attempt to go into an enemy base (which could get you flagged).

-eric

As others stated, this is not how open pvp works now! You can not get flagged in a PvE instance whether you turn it on or enter the enemy base. So are we going back before the instanced planets or pvp only in pvp-instance?

The bolster only applies to warzones but my questions is about open world PvP. I assume a new 70 will arrive there with 210-220 gear. Imo expertise was way more balanced than this now. You could farm your wz comms in low-lvl and equip basic pvp-gear and were good to go. Now starter gear (230 with 5.2?!) won't help you against veterans in 242 (soon 248?) gear.

Another thing I'm still not sure is how pvp flagging works on Iokath. The statement from Eric Musco is not clear.

As others stated, this is not how open pvp works now! You can not get flagged in a PvE instance whether you turn it on or enter the enemy base. So are we going back before the instanced planets or pvp only in pvp-instance?

Yeah OWPVP is going to be interesting if there is no Bolster. That will kill it very quick. I hope this isn't another Bio idea they haven't thought through to the end conclusion and just done the usual half baked job.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.