Mr. Musco: Are legacy unassembled components being considered

Jake_Chambers

Basically title. I love almost every class in the game like alot of avid pvpers, and I'd really love to see all those spread out components combineable. Since ops now drop gear according to the old loot table system, legacy components would be a good way to balance pve and pvp, so that the eight man content in pve is the same reward level as eightman content in pvp

Basically title. I love almost every class in the game like alot of avid pvpers, and I'd really love to see all those spread out components combineable. Since ops now drop gear according to the old loot table system, legacy components would be a good way to balance pve and pvp, so that the eight man content in pve is the same reward level as eightman content in pvp

Agreed. They said that they are going to make swtor more alt-friendly,however, implementation of command tokens which are legacy wide haven't change much and it is still too difficult to gear up alts at least via throughout pvp. Legacy wide cxp system or unassembled components may change the situation.

So you don't want to play your alt, you just want to gear it in high level gear???

I say no because this will just bring in problems such as people playing their flavor of the month to run through ops and such real fast to get gear for their alts, and then what? You try and play that geared out toon with no idea how its skills even work. But hey...it's got end level gear, right?

Edited by Moranine

Agree.

It was one of the reasons why PVP from 3.3. worked so good compared to before. But to truly make this ALT-friendly, we also need to be able to rather comms in low -/midbies like it was before. This way we won't have to always play the same character over and over and grow tired and quit the game hint hint.

I'd rather see Command Ranks become Legacy Wide, makes more sense. Whether you decide to play on a single toon or multiple toons, you're still putting in the same effort. They can leave unassembled components how they are, cause I believe in gearing toons individually. The idea of having to grind 300+ ranks on multiple toons is the real problem.

So you don't want to play your alt, you just want to gear it in high level gear???

Quite the opposite, actually. I'm not playing alts at all right now. Why? Because I don't want to have a bunch of components spread out among multiple characters. I'd rather focus with one character, collect Components on that character, and get gear for that character.

If UCs were legacy based, I would play a number of different classes in pvp and still be able to focus on gearing one particular character at a time. I don't want 15 characters with 1-2 gear pieces per. I'd much rather have 1-2 geared characters, while still playing all of them.

Anyway, I can't sign this with big enough letters. SIGNED

Some reading comprehension is lost on some people. He means that he like to play on a lot of toons but because he does that, he can't really get much gear on any of them, since all of the components are spread out. I'll use my example as well. I almost entirely play on my slinger (mostly pve), my sent (both pve and pvp), and my sage (mostly pvp). The only one I have really high command rank is my slinger (262), the others are at 120 (sent) and 60 (sage). If I want to gear out my slinger (because pve gearing is terrible with how much rng there is), I would have to pvp with it in order to get any kind of reliable gear. I mostly prefer to pvp on my sage though, which helps my slinger not at all. I don't need anymore gear on my sage though, it's gear averages around 234 (hand me downs from slinger) and the extra gear just doesn't really matter for what I prefer to do (regs). For my slinger though I do MM (nim) operations, where gear is critical (up to a point) to beat some dps checks. Most people that I know that want to do MM ops don't want to do VM (hm) to gear up because they aren't nearly as mechanically challenging. I just want to play what I want, but this new gearing system is really hampering that.

I'd rather see Command Ranks become Legacy Wide, makes more sense. Whether you decide to play on a single toon or multiple toons, you're still putting in the same effort. They can leave unassembled components how they are, cause I believe in gearing toons individually. The idea of having to grind 300+ ranks on multiple toons is the real problem.

Agree with this completely... Command rank legacy wide is fine... Unassembled components and part drops (from ops) to remain bound to the character that got them...

Agree with this completely... Command rank legacy wide is fine... Unassembled components and part drops (from ops) to remain bound to the character that got them...

Then I disagree. CXP isn't work is grindy easy content. Casuals don't need more rewards. If you want gear easy do hard content. In any case Legacy gear nullifies most of your argument. ;)

In any case Devs said CXP will most likely never be legacy while they said components legacy in future updates is something that are looking into. So guess who the Devs agree with. :p

Edited by FerkWork

Then I disagree. CXP isn't work is grindy easy content. Casuals don't need more rewards. If you want gear easy do hard content. In any case Legacy gear nullifies most of your argument. ;)

In any case Devs said CXP will most likely never be legacy while they said components legacy in future updates is something that are looking into. So guess who the Devs agree with. :p

Quite frankly I don't care who the devs agree with or not... This isn't a pissing contest... I've stated my opinion. Unlike others I don't claim to be the font of all knowledge... I'll be playing the game either way. In principle I agree partially... I don't really think any part of character development (which includes end game gearing) should be legacy wide... It's not called "family tree development" and there's no reason why playing your sage should help you gear your bounty hunter... But if anything is shared I'd prefer it to be cxp.

Quite frankly I don't care who the devs agree with or not... This isn't a pissing contest... I've stated my opinion. Unlike others I don't claim to be the font of all knowledge... I'll be playing the game either way. In principle I agree partially... I don't really think any part of character development (which includes end game gearing) should be legacy wide... It's not called "family tree development" and there's no reason why playing your sage should help you gear your bounty hunter... But if anything is shared I'd prefer it to be cxp.

Because this is a game that encourages alts and legacy system? But my point is regardless I can already hear my Sage on my Merc with the exception of left side. In any case once we are geared enough those pieces are wasted if they are BoP. But I digress. Also we have a family tree so.... lol

I say no because this will just bring in problems such as people playing their flavor of the month to run through ops and such real fast to get gear for their alts, and then what? You try and play that geared out toon with no idea how its skills even work. But hey...it's got end level gear, right?

Idiotic statement ... many of us have been here since pre-launch and know every class like the back of our hands. All we want is to be able to play are alts and not feel guilty that we are neglecting our "jobs" of gearing our main to run end-game content. Despite the woeful lack of content, the game never got dull to me in 4.x because I could switch between any of my alts. That all went away in 5.0 and for the first time in 5+ years I've begun to find this game boring.

I'd be perfectly happy with this as well.

Idiotic statement ... many of us have been here since pre-launch and know every class like the back of our hands. All we want is to be able to play are alts and not feel guilty that we are neglecting our "jobs" of gearing our main to run end-game content. Despite the woeful lack of content, the game never got dull to me in 4.x because I could switch between any of my alts. That all went away in 5.0 and for the first time in 5+ years I've begun to find this game boring.

I may not have been here for beta, but I have been around since vanilla and yet I don't see my main as a "job". When I did come back to this game I deleted all my previous characters and started all over. I'm still having fun in this game. I have fun playing my main and my alts. It all just depends on my mood for the day for which character I'm gonna play.

And don't take this as being aggressive, but I still don't understand why people call their mains a "job". Why do you have to gear up your main so fast with end game gear? I just don't get it. I like to take my time in MMO's or I get burned out way too quickly.

Because this is a game that encourages alts and legacy system? But my point is regardless I can already hear my Sage on my Merc with the exception of left side. In any case once we are geared enough those pieces are wasted if they are BoP. But I digress. Also we have a family tree so.... lol

which is part of what is wrong with it imho. And i mean that in the sense that it was the lack of content that made them create this system to encourage people to play multiple characters through the same content. Now that (hopefully) they are going back to the MMO-RPG roots with new content (and hopefully more to come) they can go back towards a more clasical MMO gearing style as well as one more true to the RPG roots... hence why i mentioned "character development" even though we have that "family tree" stuff... and yes i was aware we had those, hence my use of the term "family tree development" in the first place... i just think its crap. (note that i say that "I think" rather then make a definitive and general statement).

Edited by Valceanu

Encouraging players to play alts isn't an alternative to creating new endgame content. The two don't conflict with each other in any meaningful way.

As to why UC's aren't BtL just like Command Tokens, I'll copy my post from another thread.

I have some guesses:

1. If they were straight-up legacy, people would see pubside winning and possibly only play their pub characters. Likewise if people see imps winning they'll switch to impside, resulting in one-sided matches or queue issues. This is just theory of course.

2. With how rewarding dailies and weeklies are, they perhaps don't want the rewards to get too out of hand. Playing your main once the daily is done may be seen as a waste when you could do a pvp daily on an alt.

I'm all for legacy UC and have been from the start, but there are logical reasons as to why they haven't done it just like Command Tokens yet. They possibly want to incur a small penalty on legacy UC (like a vendor that sells legacy UC tokens) and that takes a bit of time to develop.

Edited by Eli_Porter

/signed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.