Post-ME:A release fate to the SWTOR team

PratesM

What do you guys think that will happen to the SWTOR team after the release of ME: Andromeda? It's almost there and we all know that some devs were transferred to ME:A, do you think we will see some rise of content after it?

The game is definitely not dying, it's still one of the most profitable and active MMOs on the market, most people are at the moment just waiting for the 5.2 and the future updates and I can see potential on them.

Edited by PratesM

SWTOR has the best R.O.I. MMO wide.

Now the issue is it does barely scratches the amount of money it can make and it will never reach its potential as long as they're keeping the current route.

So don't expect much but the "greedy" survival mode.

If people have run out of things to do in SWTOR and see some of their guild mates and friends migrate to another game, then that'll further reduce populations.

I'm sure the Bioware team have their fingers on the pulse of the competition. They had a golden opportunity to make SWTOR shine last autumn, with a movie and a lot of Star Wars interest buzzing around. -

SO.....They made a simple system of gearing complex - then even more complex. Back-pedalled and started fixing like fury. They made no attempts at anything to tie-in. They completely, utterly, totally dropped the ball.

( even when TFA was released, they just stood and watched.... no ads, no tie-ins, no mentions on the forums, nothing.)

-And we're still not out of the woods four months after their original screw-up in 5.0

They really don't deserve to have loyal subbing enthusiastic fans.

And before you tell me where to get off, I'm only in game coz my friends are hanging on in the hope of something new and exciting ( god bless 'em!) . -Once they're gone, I'm gone.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

SWTOR has the best R.O.I. MMO wide.

Now the issue is it does barely scratches the amount of money it can make and it will never reach its potential as long as they're keeping the current route.

So don't expect much but the "greedy" survival mode.

Agreed Deewe. Best ROI because so little is invested.

If people have run out of things to do in SWTOR and see some of their guild mates and friends migrate to another game, then that'll further reduce populations.

I'm sure the Bioware team have their fingers on the pulse of the competition. They had a golden opportunity to make SWTOR shine last autumn, with a movie and a lot of Star Wars interest buzzing around. -

SO.....They made a simple system of gearing complex - then even more complex. Back-pedalled and started fixing like fury. They made no attempts at anything to tie-in. They completely, utterly, totally dropped the ball.

( even when TFA was released, they just stood and watched.... no ads, no tie-ins, no mentions on the forums, nothing.)

-And we're still not out of the woods four months after their original screw-up in 5.0

They really don't deserve to have loyal subbing enthusiastic fans.

And before you tell me where to get off, I'm only in game coz my friends are hanging on in the hope of something new and exciting ( god bless 'em!) . -Once they're gone, I'm gone.

It's possible that Disney wouldn't let them do any tie ins. This is a EA game after all. EA's license was made with Lucasarts years before the acquisition.

I mean, Disney still hasn't accepted KOTOR as cannon yet. Though I do see some mention of it in Rebels. So there's hope.

I agree about the gear screw up.

Edited by cagthehack

Don't know about devs but this will happen:

Most likely less "this game is dying wahwahwahwaaaah" crybabies on forums. Unfortunately they will resub after they get bored and start spamming again.

Edited by Halinalle

Most likely less "this game is dying wahwahwahwaaaah" crybabies on forums. Unfortunately they will resub after they get bored and start spamming again.

Ah, yes, because it would be SO MUCH better with everyone who sees some problem with this game and has the audacity to speak up about it gone, so you and the rest of the fools who have their fingers in their ears and go "la la la all is fine" can sit around in peace. Riiiiight.

So there's no issue with the game atm ? Every complaints are made by crybabies ? Isn't it a bit easy to generalize things that much ?

Do you consider that the game is going well then ?

I understand that you may not agree with some complaints, still it seems a bit unfair to deny everything. I don't wish this game to close, I don't know if it will or not, no one can say that for sure, but it's obvious that the actual state of the game is, to say the least, not good.

I'm not optimistic for the future of this game and ignoring issues will not put this game back on track. This is probably one of my last post here, I'm unsubbed since january, used a reflink to give a last chance to this game, but I can tell you, I'm gone for good and it's not something I say just like that. Believe me or not, not everyone is coming back, just look around a bit.

If I bother saying this, it's because I hope that at some point and before more and more people are gone, bioware and/or EA will finally open their eyes and makes things better for thoses who are still here and plan to stay. As I'm sure it's the case for many of those you call "crybabies", I'm not happy to complain about the game and I wouldn't if there was no reason, in the end we only react because we love the game.

Well, this girl is broke AF, so I will be sticking to this game, no money to upgrade my pc for ME:A , no money to buy it for xb1, and 12 € a month is the absolute max I can spend for a game a month. And I am pretty sure I am not the only one :o

The first three posters are living in fantasy land. We are not going to see an increase in developers, or content, period. Sadly, our devotion to the star wars ip has ensured that EA will continue to do what it is currently doing, which is virtually nothing but taking. What motivation would EA ever have to spend any more money on this game, when they are getting tons of milk with the abysmal effort that is put into it now? No, they will continue on like they have, and we will continue to get poor quality content in the "slow drip" model, along with lots of new shinies to fleece more cartel market suckers. Edited by Darkside

So there's no issue with the game atm ? Every complaints are made by crybabies ? Isn't it a bit easy to generalize things that much ?

Just because you have to wait 1 hour for HM FP queue doesn't mean game is dead.

Just because you can't get pvp queue to pop on demand doesn't mean game is dead.

Just because queue for SM ops seems to not work at all doesn't mean game is dead.

The first three posters are living in fantasy land. We are not going to see an increase in developers, or content, period. Sadly, our devotion to the star wars ip has ensured that EA will continue to do what it is currently doing, which is virtually nothing but taking. What motivation would EA ever have to spend any more money on this game, when they are getting tons of milk with the abysmal effort that is put into it now? No, they will continue on like they have, and we will continue to get poor quality content in the "slow drip" model, along with lots of new shinies to fleece more cartel market suckers.

QFT

So, yes. There will always only be minimal effort. Until people complain enough, then you see a brief spike of communication and a few mostly cosmetic changes, then it goes back to nobody giving a damn.

Just because you have to wait 1 hour for HM FP queue doesn't mean game is dead.

Just because you can't get pvp queue to pop on demand doesn't mean game is dead.

Just because queue for SM ops seems to not work at all doesn't mean game is dead.

No, but it's a pretty good indication that things are not all well. I can't even get damned Uprisings to pop, on weekday evenings. Hey, maybe it means the whiners that offend you so much are finally leaving? Doesn't that just make you happy?

No, but it's a pretty good indication that things are not all well. I can't even get damned Uprisings to pop, on weekday evenings. Hey, maybe it means the whiners that offend you so much are finally leaving? Doesn't that just make you happy?

There was always only one uprising players did. Everything else wasn't worth their time. Now that it's nerfed players don't want to do uprisings anymore.

There was always only one uprising players did. Everything else wasn't worth their time. Now that it's nerfed players don't want to do uprisings anymore.

And what does that tell us about the general acceptance of Uprisings among what is left of the playerbase, and the quality of the new "content"?

Not that I blame them. I wanted to do each one once, so I can say with confidence that they indeed ALL are not worth it. But apparently that was already too much to ask.

And what does that tell us about the general acceptance of Uprisings among what is left of the playerbase, and the quality of the new "content"?

No, that only tells us how obsessed some players are with command ranks. Fractured was fastest way to get CXP.

No, that only tells us how obsessed some players are with command ranks. Fractured was fastest way to get CXP.

No, the players are obsessed with BiS gear, always have been. What it tells us is how obsessed the studio is with command ranks and how they're pigeon-holing the players into doing the same activity over and over and over to play within their craptactic system.

Edited by kodrac

Well, this girl is broke AF, so I will be sticking to this game, no money to upgrade my pc for ME:A , no money to buy it for xb1, and 12 € a month is the absolute max I can spend for a game a month. And I am pretty sure I am not the only one :o

Nope. You aren't. I'm right there with you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.