Regs have gone to crap

DarthRaika

Seriously, *** is up with regs?

I finally got my 3 ranked chars up to 1700 or higher for gold and started q'n regs again last week. Every match has been either a sure win or a sure loss. I've actually had "good" luck and had more of the sure wins than the sure losses but I haven't had a single down to the wire match in an entire week!

The matches are mostly one team of largely pve-focused cxp grinders with 110k hp vs a tank/healer premade in 236+. So one side just stomps the other. This has also brought out the losers who LOVE to pugstomp and they are happy doing it all day (I'll never understand this).

I've talked to a lot of other decent yolo players and most of them feel the same way about regs as of late.

I know some special needs kid will say "make your own premade". Reading comprehension buddy. I dislike sure wins as well. Even matches are what normal people enjoy. You'll never have a majority of even matches in mmo pvp but usually you at least have some.

We really need basic matchmaking. Sure complex matchmaking is great but lets just focus on something small. I'm talking the kind of matchmaking that when a premade q's up the system tries for several minutes to find a premade for the other team.

I tested it out on harb this weekend (sure small sample set). I quit all matches I got in as soon as I could tell if there were premades (either side) and then kept joining new matches. I found there were likely 10 premades q'n during primetime and likely around 15 matches going. However, most premades were in matches against pugs. A basic matchmaking would really help with this.

This isn't a qq, I hate premades thread. This is a come together all halfway normal people who like some competition and request basic matchmaking thread!

Edited by DarthRaika

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, *** is up with regs?

I finally got my 3 ranked chars up to 1700 or higher for gold and started q'n regs again last week. Every match has been either a sure win or a sure loss. I've actually had "good" luck and had more of the sure wins than the sure losses but I haven't had a single down to the wire match in an entire week!

The matches are mostly one team of largely pve-focused cxp grinders with 110k hp vs a tank/healer premade in 236+. So one side just stomps the other. This has also brought out the losers who LOVE to pugstomp and they are happy doing it all day (I'll never understand this).

I've talked to a lot of other decent yolo players and most of them feel the same way about regs as of late.

I know some special needs kid will say "make your own premade". Reading comprehension buddy. I dislike sure wins as well. Even matches are what normal people enjoy. You'll never have a majority of even matches in mmo pvp but usually you at least have some.

We really need basic matchmaking. Sure complex matchmaking is great but lets just focus on something small. I'm talking the kind of matchmaking that when a premade q's up the system tries for several minutes to find a premade for the other team.

I tested it out on harb this weekend (sure small sample set). I quit all matches I got in as soon as I could tell if there were premades (either side) and then kept joining new matches. I found there were likely 10 premades q'n during primetime and likely around 15 matches going. However, most premades were in matches against pugs. A basic matchmaking would really help with this.

This isn't a qq, I hate premades thread. This is a come together all halfway normal people who like some competition and request basic matchmaking thread!

How can people tell if they are facing a premade? Is it because they lose? I do not often que with guild but sometimes que with friends from other guilds. So it isn't the guild name that defines premade.

I have played in pug games with players so experienced we all knew our part and played in perfectly making us very co ordinated but never typing or using TS. I have also played in pugs where the typed word has asked for 1 more to an objective etc or healer go other. So co ordination isn't a factor either.

Is it because people are with the same names? Because the wz finishes and those same people que again so at least 4 will appear in the next wz together.

Answer to your question, from a small sample you seemed very precise on numbers. Matchmaking is an old argument that has never and will never be implemented. And as for making premades que premades well that like trying to revive ranked as 8v8. It is not going to happen, most servers are barely supporting pvp let alone matchmaking that would be installed on every server. Truth is the gear imbalance and class imbalance would have a much greater effect than a premade.

Well what did you expect?

This is the result of the chaotic gearing system the game has. People are repeating Chapter 1 and 2 on higher difficulty modes, running Fractured Uprising over and over again.

Since we have components drop from PVP and GSF those have seen a wave of afkers who just go in and either stand in corner or lose the match just for fast cxp and components.

The reason for the state of the game is the new gearing system. I am glad to have 100% PVP achievements and have no reason to run the req wzs at all.

Edited by nepochop

Well!

How do you spot a premade? They usually carry same guild tag. On red eclipse, we know who they are ...

I am a part of one of those guilds... however we mostly que with 2 or 3 or even solo...

Regarding the pug stomping, Snave's buddies will be here shortly to tell you, to go make some friends and they want to have fun .. so brace yourself!

If we talk the influx of bads, it is pretty horrific ...some of them don't even bother to resist me.. it is just boring, when u sit in South on Novarra coast, and start ahead of you, whil enemy team is sitting at W, just waiting for the match to end, as a pvp-er, that is extremely boring for me...

I like matches, where on Hypergate, nether team can cap for a while, then the different is just couple of points....win or loose, both teams are very satisfied after a match like that

So why have regs gone to crap? Becaues premades? Well that is a new perspective of a guy who can't make friends.

If you can do 1700 ranked then you know your class well enough to find a group of other objective-minded PVPers and queue with them regularly.

A group of about 10 people usually means you'll always have at least 4, at least for me it does.

There are also good players who farm numbers, and although they are capable of higher numbers than myself, they are never my first choice when building groups. I have about 8 obj tryhards on my friends list and or in my guild with whom we win almost every game, vs the number farmers or otherwise.

When I solo/duo queue, yeah, the games a little bit more up in the air, harder to carry.

When I legit solo q, its just as you said, premades > pugs in most cases.

Yet, hasn't it always been this way?

So why have regs gone to crap? Becaues premades? Well that is a new perspective of a guy who can't make friends.

If you can do 1700 ranked then you know your class well enough to find a group of other objective-minded PVPers and queue with them regularly.

A group of about 10 people usually means you'll always have at least 4, at least for me it does.

There are also good players who farm numbers, and although they are capable of higher numbers than myself, they are never my first choice when building groups. I have about 8 obj tryhards on my friends list and or in my guild with whom we win almost every game, vs the number farmers or otherwise.

When I solo/duo queue, yeah, the games a little bit more up in the air, harder to carry.

Here you go, one dude who accused the OP of not being able to make friends and stump pugs! :)

Edited by AlCorazon

The below might hurt someone's feelings, so I apoligize in advance.

I have little against premades. I despise those that find stomping bads amusing, that’s it. I hate one side matches as well.

But what I am really against is “go find friends” argument or at least how I understand it's meaning.

Back on Progenitor I was in a big guild with some good pvpers in it. We used to farm conquest and were queuing usually in two 4-man groups. So, I did it on mute like always. You know why? Because half of these guys were either hormone-driven kids or star wars hard crashes who used to argue about lore till they lost voices. It was embarrassing listening to them and their nerdy outdated jokes about screwing with kawai girls , and trying to make impression of being something they will never be. I don’t make friends online or in MMO’s. I have them outside my room: we work together, go to the bar, play in a band and do other ****. I’m not saying all of the hardcore mmo players are basement nerds, but a large part of them is (taken from my experience) and if I wanted to socialize more, SWTOR or other MMO would be the last place where I’d want to do it.

I play online games to compete and relax while I have free time, and if I group (which I barely do after transferring to TRE), I don’t want to know who’s behind that character I group with. I want this person to play good with mouth shut. That’s it. Some people don’t need to “go find friends” because they already have many in RL. Group members? That’s a better term.

Edited by zhezvya

Well!

How do you spot a premade? They usually carry same guild tag. On red eclipse, we know who they are ...

I am a part of one of those guilds... however we mostly que with 2 or 3 or even solo...

Regarding the pug stomping, Snave's buddies will be here shortly to tell you, to go make some friends and they want to have fun .. so brace yourself!

Isn't the Take a Seat premade complaint a bit old and dead (probs as old and dead as "nerf operatives" one), especially since every single guild is running premades?

Thought it was a necro at first.

But i do support the idea of better matchmaking. Can't help but wonder

why it has never been put into place. Or maybe there is a system, but for some

reasons it don't work so very well.

My post was long so I won't fault you for missing it but I wrote multiple times that I don't like sure wins either.

I like even matches. In mmo pvp you'll never have all of your matches down to the wire or even most but with even basic matchmaking you should have a fair amount be rather close. This is what normal people like. It is not normal to enjoy pugstomping.

If a player is young and likes to pugstomp occasionally for lols that is one thing but if the player likes to pugstomp daily then there is something wrong with that person that I hope they work on. They are not happy and well adjusted.

Now I know some people mainly premade in SWTOR because they feel it is less annoying than pugging and because they decide they would rather be on the sure win side than to flip a coin. I get this. I did this early on in SWTOR but just got to the point where I found pugging to be better than pugstomping.

However, what I really wanted then and what I really want now is to actually make good premades and face other premades. I have a personal rule to pug rather often so I remain self sufficient but I love premading if I can actually face other premades (I loved ranked 8s for instance). If matchmaking was added I'd rejoin guilds and actually premade again myself.

So this isn't a "make friends" issue. Whether you like to pug, premade, or both you should still want basic matchmaking. Until then I guess I'll stick mainly to ranked but I do love me some huttball and I'd really like to enjoy regs as well.

Isn't the Take a Seat premade complaint a bit old and dead (probs as old and dead as "nerf operatives" one), especially since every single guild is running premades?

Oh the Snave defenders are here! :) Take a seat is notorious for stomping pugs and taking pleasure from it and its' double premades with 8 people ... so don't play innocent..

I am not saying you are doing anything wrong, it is not wrong, I am just saying that you take great pleasure from it, and you que like that not for a pleasures of your friends for company, but precisely for stomping newbies! I have seen your opers and sins, douple sapping a new guard on hypergate, and doing a "in your face dance" to him whil he is in WW or Sleep dart, and the other one is capping at the same time....i mean do it, but don't be a d....ck about it!

If I do a double sap, I don't dance in your face, I cap and move on...

Edited by AlCorazon

Oh the Snave defenders are here! :) Take a seat is notorious for stomping pugs and taking pleasure from it and its' double premades with 8 people ... so don't play innocent..

I am not saying you are doing anything wrong, it is not wrong, I am just saying that you take great pleasure from it, and you que like that not for a pleasures of your friends for company, but precisely for stomping newbies! I have seen your opers and sins, douple sapping a new guard on hypergate, and doing a "in your face dance" to him whil he is in WW or Sleep dart, and the other one is capping at the same time....i mean do it, but don't be a d....ck about it!

Im real happy for you and imma let you finish but

1st. Not a "Snave defender", guild defender.

2nd. I've never sync qued for a 8man premade in this guild, nor have i seen any others do it.

3rd. I dont premade to "stomp newbies". I was f2p before 5.0 all the way to yesterday, so grouping was only way to play. Also, how can i know if my opponents are going to be newbies or not?

4th. I never go to double sap with another person, i do it solo. (unless some pug sticks around and dont let me solo) Also, how can i know if opponents have a newbie guarding?

5th. Why wouldn't one premade? If solo q'ing, there is potential to be 7 really bad players (or just people who doesn't care about obj) in your group. With 4man premade you can reduce it to 4 max. (Well, 5 since im trash kappa)

6th. Im guessing you lost vs TaS couple times in a row and now you are here crying about it?

7th. Since everyone in TaS is a f*cking sh*tter and cant play (atleast judging from chats and forum posts), isn't premading then the only option for us to stand a chance? :rolleyes:

8th. bw pls nerf operatives, they can still use dmg abilities. I don't think that was intented and may be a bug

I am not saying you are doing anything wrong, it is not wrong, I am just saying that you take great pleasure from it,

how do you know that i "take great pleasure from it" ? Please tell

My post was long so I won't fault you for missing it but I wrote multiple times that I don't like sure wins either.

I like even matches. In mmo pvp you'll never have all of your matches down to the wire or even most but with even basic matchmaking you should have a fair amount be rather close. This is what normal people like. It is not normal to enjoy pugstomping.

If a player is young and likes to pugstomp occasionally for lols that is one thing but if the player likes to pugstomp daily then there is something wrong with that person that I hope they work on. They are not happy and well adjusted.

Now I know some people mainly premade in SWTOR because they feel it is less annoying than pugging and because they decide they would rather be on the sure win side than to flip a coin. I get this. I did this early on in SWTOR but just got to the point where I found pugging to be better than pugstomping.

However, what I really wanted then and what I really want now is to actually make good premades and face other premades. I have a personal rule to pug rather often so I remain self sufficient but I love premading if I can actually face other premades (I loved ranked 8s for instance). If matchmaking was added I'd rejoin guilds and actually premade again myself.

So this isn't a "make friends" issue. Whether you like to pug, premade, or both you should still want basic matchmaking. Until then I guess I'll stick mainly to ranked but I do love me some huttball and I'd really like to enjoy regs as well.

Well its going to be one way or the other, either you dont like sure wins and so you solo queue and you're going to get mostly stomped unless the other side happens to be solo q and less gear/skillz.

It's great that you want premade vs premade and the only way to accomplish that is to do sneaker 4v4 team ranked (dont advirtise, and don't purposefully lose to ensure no win trading, mix up the teams every few games as well).

You cannot get premade vs premade in warzones with certainty. I love stomping pub premades, its definitely more fun. But it just happens when it happens and the only way I can get it to happen is to be in a premade myself and queue up.

If a player is young? What the? I don't even... Anyways, I don't premade to pugstomp, IDGAF about who I stomp, I premade to ensure maximum wins (components, yo) and because I enjoy the company of the fellas (and ladies, /creepywink) that I queue with.

The matchmaking qq has been since day one and I do my fair share of matchmaking qq, so I feel you, but you and I and even the windowlickers can all understand by now that BW doesn't give two ***** about matchmaking so there wont ever be a change in that regard. Ever, like... ever, like not even by 2099.

So yeah, it comes down to make some frenz, its the only way you'll ever get close games vs other premades.

If you have an Imp on harb side look me up, I'll be ur frenz (if you are decent and objective oriented).

I'll admit to taking pleasure from these threads where you make up a bunch of stuff about the guild.

Im real happy for you and imma let you finish but

1st. Not a "Snave defender",

Gkick

Do you have an operative in BiS or close to it? Off the top of your head would you know what the primary, secondary tertiary etc... stats look like for operatives/scoundrels at that level?

1800 crit rating

837 alac

3624 bonus damage

I might run some more alacrity in the future, I dont really want to go over 1800 crit rating so with the new tier of gear coming i'll probably end up with around 1k alac - ish

1800 crit rating

837 alac

3624 bonus damage

I might run some more alacrity in the future, I dont really want to go over 1800 crit rating so with the new tier of gear coming i'll probably end up with around 1k alac - ish

Cheers, thx. That's what I wanted to know.

I like your pvp vids.

I came back to the game just over a month ago and upon my return my initial focus was PvP. As most of the people I used to play with no longer play this game I was primarily solo queuing and I believe anyone who solo queued on Harbinger server can attest to the fact that for about 3-4 weeks I was a regular face healing on my operative in solo queue. I have practically stopped queuing now (mostly preferring PvE with very occasional PvP outings) and will add my two cents here:

1) Premades do in fact ruin the game for people who are solo queuing. It's not a myth, it's really not debatable. It gets to overwhelming game ruining levels when you introduce toxic levels of bad manners as well. For example, I played a game versus a double 4 man premade of well known "respected" PvPrs and I literally had to go in general chat to tell them to end the game - as they were farming my PuG team at the spawn on a Huttball and throwing the ball away. These types of encounters aren't really that uncommon.

2) As the OP specifically mentioned Harbinger server - The PvP community on harbinger is extremely cliquey. I honestly consider myself a better or equally skilled player than some of the players who roll in these premades but there are long standing friendships ensuring that the "best players" stick together.

3) The OP claimed there was 10 premades running. Whilst that might be true I only really know of maybe 5ish premades on harbinger that legitimately mean an autoloss, there are a few who are actually pretty bad.

4) Class imbalance definitely plays a part as well. I can't remember the last time I didn't see one of the aforementioned premades run this comp: Sin Skank Tank, Sorc healer, - Merc Dps (x2) or Merc Dps + (Jugg, Mara, Sniper, Assassin).

As a final note I feel I should add as a disclaimer before I get epic amount of hate directed towards me from the aforementioned premades that I really don't care if you choose to play with friend. Playing with friends in what an MMO should be about. I'm just pointing out a few observations and I personally have chosen to play less PvP due to these experiences.

1800 crit rating

837 alac

3624 bonus damage

Snave, what augments would you recommend for a Pyrotech?

He isnt making anything up. That guild is known as the troll squad for a reason.

Snave keeps telling that he is saint, yet he is the ultimate troll.. who will then go talk to Musco and say that premades are bad for regs pvp ..he doesn't see half the stuff that guild does, Take a Seat can actually just farm pugs at the spawn line....and if they wanted a challenge they would have let em out...but they don't. Why? Cause its fun! :D

I was begging a premade, of a different guild once, please allow opposing team to at least get down from the spawn, because its just boooring, and they wouldn't listen.

All the bullcrap that there are never double premades of 8 people syncing, is a bunch of bull, neither of the 2 of you, are online 24h to say that it does not happen.

And I don't tell them, that they shouldn't do it, or it is wrong, I am only asking to leave the new people who learn some dignity, because of this a lot of people wouldn't come back to pvp.

How would you feel, if one of the Take a Seat ******s, would cap ur node and laugh their asses off while doing it? Would u return?

All I want is for PvP community not to die out, and behaviour like that will do it!

Edited by AlCorazon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.