What's your favorite thing to do in SWTOR and why?

ErialosAstora

Sexually harassing Quinn in the workplace because it's awkwardly hilarious. In all seriousness, I enjoy class and planetary/exploration missions as well as Flashpoints and raids. I love story, lore and interacting with the characters in the galaxy.

(Edited to add why and seriousness)

Edited by Edyn

Collecting gear and submitting it to TorFashion. (Thank you White Acute Module!). Pre-KotFE story content. Recruiting companions be it by chapter, alert or CM. Piddling around for pets, titles, datacrons, decorations or what have you.

Story stuff and soloing difficult content. The former because I like seeing the story and hearing the voice acting, and the latter because I like a challenge. Single group challenging content would be on the list as well, if my friends still played, but I don't want to go through the hassle of finding new skilled players who like that sort of content to replace 'em ;)

The class stories. I STILL haven't finished the Trooper and the Agent :sul_frown:

Finding the perfect looks for my characters AND my companions. Some are easier than others.

I used to love running Flashpoints, but I haven't done it in a while.

Definitely the class/planet stories and companion interactions for me. Granted I'm new to SWTOR and still leveling my characters so I haven't done much group content, but I'm really just enjoying playing in the Star Wars universe. Of course the XP boost let me reach level 70 before I finished Tatooine, so my character progression was kind of ruined early on lol.

It's difficult to name my most favourite thing as that depends on my mood, the time i have to spare ect.

But i do like :

Doing HC operations with my guild and sometimes even PUGs, though no one will ever bring me back to KP or EV, no matter what loot pinata there is. Also dabbling with NIM from time to time, although my true passion is HC. NIM only if HC is done and nothing new to do.., which is why i did many NIM bosses by now... :rolleyes:

Master FPs per GF, most of the time I list as tank or rarely healer, as i'm too impatient to wait for a DPS pop. Mostly it is fun, although recently i really seem to attract a lot of well... inexperienced players, not to say flat out bad...Getting groups who are unable to kill the bosses in Black Talon before their enrage for example. With the harder FPs i wouldn't mind or be surprised but BT... it is one of the most easy ones, it is sad to have each and every boss there enraged.... Sometimes i can help with advice and some people even listen to it, but most of the time it is just heavy use of DCDs and getting over with it...

But still, it is way more interesting to do these with people i don't know, than to run them with a premade used to each other. You learn new variants of tactics, unexpected behaviour of the unknown team mates make every run a little different.

I really did enjoy the HK Shroud an makrobinocular quests, but after doing them a few times, there is no interest at the moment.

I also used to enjoy the class stories a lot, but since level sync they just lost a lot of their appeal. It just breaks my imersion too often, if my companion is able to kill them alone or if the big bad... chapter boss hits the floor with two or three attacks. I used to underlevel them heavily before, to have a harder challenge, but to keep this up is almost impossible now, if you want to throw in an occasional FP once in a while. Inthe end i don't want to spend more time on managing to keep thing challenging than is needed to play a chapter.

With the current XP boost i don't level at all, as for me it is already too fast without it. Maybe when 5.2 hits, I create a new warrior or inquisitor, or agent, or... ah... hmm... i'm going to create the chararcters now... will see when i'm going play them though.

There also are some really great planetary story arcs i just love to replay... it just occurs to me it has been quite some time that Commander Callum expected minimum ressources and maximum results of me... sry, got to go.... ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.