Can we have hope of a new WZ devs?

Lendle

They didnt even fix the last one that is still broken with people getting stuck and dying because they stepped into wrong place, with ease. Not to mention how badly designed it is toward melee characters

I love "the new one" on my melee toons, I feel sorry for the ranged that seem to lose almost every one im in. I mean, its like, oh sweet, osdyssen popped, pretty much a guaranteed win in my experience

I love "the new one" on my melee toons, I feel sorry for the ranged that seem to lose almost every one im in. I mean, its like, oh sweet, osdyssen popped, pretty much a guaranteed win in my experience

I'm the same way but across classes. I do really well with Odessen and I can really troll people trying to take my node as a DPS Sorc/Sage- I held one multiplied point the entire round *under attack* and my Sage doesn't even have her bubble yet.

Want a new objective warzone though. It can't be too hard to come up with and that one new map would give us untold enjoyment.

*Correction.

Edited by AllisonLightning

I'm the same way but across classes. I do really well with Odessen and I can really troll people trying to take my node as a DPS Sorc/Sage- I held one multiplied point the entire round *under attack* and my Sage doesn't even have her bubble yet.

Want a new objective warzone though. It can't be too hard to come up with and that one new map would give us untold enjoyment.

*Correction.

I love it on my sniper, especially when i come to deactivate their note and they can't interrupt me ... :D

Please don't ask for a new map. The last time people were asking for a new map the devs got really upset and punished us with OPG.

Yep. The worst BG ever...

And Rishi arena full of bugs...

First Bioware has to fix the old bugs, lags, position errors.... and last but not least balance the classes...

But i guess this remains a dream... maybee its time to unsub and play another game.

Edited by Opaknack

The funny thing is. They are so easy to make. They could even make them buy 2 play like other pvp games and I would totally be happy if they released packs of 6 maps and 4 arenas. But even hat seems to be beyond their comprehension....:rak_02:

OPG was just released last year and prior to that it was Queshball in 2014. What makes you think a new war zone will be coming out anytime soon? My guess is 2018 at the earliest. We may get a new 4v4 map... but that hardly counts.

And 8v8 ranked is NEVER going to come back. It puts too much focus on class imbalances, with respect to group composition. I want it, don't get me wrong. But certain group comps are literally invincible when the other team doesn't have elite dps. Sure, you'd have a rare competitive huttball where each team knows exactly what they're doing and it's a great game. But then you'd have 99 others where it's a massacre against this optimal comp. Again, being a person who has the advantage of being in a well coordinated guild, I'm all for it. But the fact that certain group comps will make a mess of most teams, swtor doesn't want to create a reason for every [crappy] player to start railing on these forums over class imbalances with respect to huttball jump n pulls and mitigation/heals that make node capture impossible.

Edited by AndriusAjax

OPG was just released last year and prior to that it was Queshball in 2014. What makes you think a new war zone will be coming out anytime soon? My guess is 2018 at the earliest. We may get a new 4v4 map... but that hardly counts.

And 8v8 ranked is NEVER going to come back. It puts too much focus on class imbalances, with respect to group composition. I want it, don't get me wrong. But certain group comps are literally invincible when the other team doesn't have elite dps. Sure, you'd have a rare competitive huttball where each team knows exactly what they're doing and it's a great game. But then you'd have 99 others where it's a massacre against this optimal comp. Again, being a person who has the advantage of being in a well coordinated guild, I'm all for it. But the fact that certain group comps will make a mess of most teams, swtor doesn't want to create a reason for every [crappy] player to start railing on these forums over class imbalances with respect to huttball jump n pulls and mitigation/heals that make node capture impossible.

The fact that it takes them that long to make maps is just sad. Again, they should just release maps in packs of 8 or so to buy, and you can bet your bottom dollar people would pay for that, I know I would.

I love it on my sniper, especially when i come to deactivate their note and they can't interrupt me ... :D

I do hate snipers in OPG :mad: (and actually in general, the amount of inmunity they have is just broken)

But i do like OPG a lot and i play melee. When both teams have 5+ players each that know what they are doing, is a fantastic WZ.

As for a new WZ i have said it before someware, i still don't undestand how there is nothing like a Capture the Flag WZ. Most of the mechanic needed is already implemented in HB. In fact, the original HT map is easily adaptable (queshball no, is too small).

PS: About map bugs. Rishi should actually be removed;easier than fixing, there already serveral other working arenas.

I do hate snipers in OPG :mad: (and actually in general, the amount of inmunity they have is just broken)

But i do like OPG a lot and i play melee. When both teams have 5+ players each that know what they are doing, is a fantastic WZ.

As for a new WZ i have said it before someware, i still don't undestand how there is nothing like a Capture the Flag WZ. Most of the mechanic needed is already implemented in HB. In fact, the original HT map is easily adaptable (queshball no, is too small).

PS: About map bugs. Rishi should actually be removed;easier than fixing, there already serveral other working arenas.

This gets more and more ridiculous as i see these posts. they cant even get balance fixed yet but you want more pvp maps .How about let them fix the crap bugs and issues in game first then add new crap to break new crap. instead of adding more to have even more broken crap.

This gets more and more ridiculous as i see these posts. they cant even get balance fixed yet but you want more pvp maps .How about let them fix the crap bugs and issues in game first then add new crap to break new crap. instead of adding more to have even more broken crap.

If we waited for them to fix everything we would all die of old age. xD

I think it would be rather cool with a true temple ground capture the flag WZ. Would really like to see more enviromental dangers like cracks in the ground for knocks/push to a certain death and also barrels or whatever you may call them in flashpoints that you can interact with by right clicking them which detonates them to add more situational awareness to the fights.

Maybe an Athiss kind of WZ so to speak where you'll have to capture and bring back a powerful relic from the enemy team's base to your own base. In order to score you'll need to bring the relic home and also still have ur own team's relic under control safe back home.

Edited by Gray

I think it would be rather cool with a true temple ground capture the flag WZ. Would really like to see more enviromental dangers like cracks in the ground for knocks/push to a certain death and also barrels or whatever you may call them in flashpoints that you can interact with by right clicking them which detonates them to add more situational awareness to the fights.

Maybe an Athiss kind of WZ so to speak where you'll have to capture and bring back a powerful relic from the enemy team's base to your own base. In order to score you'll need to bring the relic home and also still have ur own team's relic under control safe back home.

They missed the best opportunity of an Oricon WZ. Great planet and story really needed a wz map.

As long as its cross faction, I dont care. Considering the new Iokath expansion will be Imp v Rep v Alliance it is 100 % doable, and should be done. We could have Mixed teams against pure teams, or mixed against mixed. All pvp maps need to be cross faction from this point on, it is the only way to ensure fairness when it comes to faction population. Hell, ALL maps need to be cross faction at this point, but BW is too stubborn to literally just flip the switch. They could literally call the old ones when cross faction " Historical alliance battle simulations " or something like that. But noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Edited by mmmbuddah

New WZ should be first team to field >6 mercenary ( or commando) heals wins. Easy. Don't even have to go through the motions of trying to burn down the other side. Take the CXP, credits, valor and re-queue.

OPG is a mess. too random. No-one co-ordinates, no one communicates. Just headless chickens 99% of the time.

If you even politely suggest a strategy people tell you stuff about your mother that you really don't want to read.

For the love of all that is holy, from now on all new WZ maps better not have interrupts when trying to take goals. I like maps where you can continue combat, you do not need to stop, stare at a wall for an endless period of time to cap something and then be interrupted, only to do it again.

Lets get back to fighting. Thats the best part about the last new war type, you take w/o stopping fighting.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.