It only took 547 command levels...

Wimbleton

I'm not a big fan of the system either. However it is not a bad system. You have to remember that 242s are the best of the best. You can do hardmodes with 230 purples no problem, but this way it gives people who don't/cant do NiM the abilty to have the gear that would drop from such. It sure takes time, but if you get the 230 purp set bonus gear, and do hardmodes and ops, you will get the 242 fast. I know this is a pvp thread so lets look at it that way. My guess is that if gear was still bound to expertise, 230 purples would be T1, and 234 or 236s would be T2. You get the 230 pretty quick, and then the T2 at a slower rate. You should have full 234s by the time you hit T3 crates, which means you are done! but if you continue to play you can still upgrade that to NiM level gear. Its not a bad system for 1 toon, just terrible for alts.

You are forgetting the long term perspective. Six months from now, when Joe Random decides to play a bit of level 70 PVP on his new toon that only bolster to 232, he will be in for a serious reality check, when pitted against level 242 (or 246 later on). PVP in this game is no longer for casuals, people without premades or ALToholics.

You are forgetting the long term perspective. Six months from now, when Joe Random decides to play a bit of level 70 PVP on his new toon that only bolster to 232, he will be in for a serious reality check, when pitted against level 242 (or 246 later on). PVP in this game is no longer for casuals, people without premades or ALToholics.

Absolutely. Even now PVPing in your levelling gear is horrific. It is a game of those who have and those who haven't. If you don't play Swtor all day everyday pvp is becoming something that isn't for you. I don't and only play for the pvp. Dark times for the game are coming.

I agree, people are going to play less because of this sperglord gearing system. Unless they do something with bolster this game is going to be grind to win.

Edited by LeglessChair

I don't find GC exciting. I don't find it fun. What I do find it to be is a slap in the face. Grind out command crate after command crate only to never get set piece bonus gear. Even the blues you get don't have mods or enhancements that are worth a bleep, so they don't help you. You don't get enough for disintegrating the crap they give you.

Even with increased unassembled from PvP, it will take a long time to earn the gear. Way too long... The state of this game is horrible right now, and it's all because of their arrogant, idiotic decision to go forward with galactic command RNG despite the protests of the test players.

The gearing issue overshadows everything that was good about 5.0

I don't find GC exciting. I don't find it fun. What I do find it to be is a slap in the face. Grind out command crate after command crate only to never get set piece bonus gear. Even the blues you get don't have mods or enhancements that are worth a bleep, so they don't help you. You don't get enough for disintegrating the crap they give you.

Even with increased unassembled from PvP, it will take a long time to earn the gear. Way too long... The state of this game is horrible right now, and it's all because of their arrogant, idiotic decision to go forward with galactic command RNG despite the protests of the test players.

The gearing issue overshadows everything that was good about 5.0

The (orange) blues have more mastery and endurance than the set pieces do, but less power. Same armor. Testing has already shown that mastery is worth more than power in the current meta. The only difference is the missing set bonus, which, for both of the 70 dps I have, are complete crap. 2% dmg increase for 15 out of every 30 seconds, a whopping 2 energy cost decrease on one ability, and an auto crit once a minute. Once a minute. with my natural crit rate i'm critting with that ability several times a minute as it is.

So everyone crying about not getting set pieces doesn't really make sense to me.

Edited by Vember