Staggered Launch Appreciation Thread.

Lutherus

Hello soon-to-be fellow players.

I'm starting a thread where people who actually appreciate the Staggered invites and understand the reasoning for it. I really hope that all the posts about entitlement and whining are a vocal minority and the silent majority are patiently waiting for their turn to play a smooth, non laggy, non crashing game without queues to boot. Besides, those who have no problem with the launch as it is have no reason to be vocal about it, right? Well, here's a thread to throw out a thank you to the devs because there are people who can appreciate the favor.

I'd like to thank the devs for going out of their way to ensure that those who get access when they do get to have a flawless launch experience, and keeping the community well-informed about when waves go out, and why and how this whole process works.

If people choose to complain, its their fault for not reading the information that's out there, for refusing to believe it, and it's ignorant on their behalf for not realizing there's no other better, cost-effective solution out there. Apparently they would rather be unable to play at all for hours at a time, waiting in line, and then suffering through an unplayable starting area and laggy and crashing servers. Of course, they'd go and complain about the game anyway in this case. Let's not forget that this is free game time.

So I'm venting by writing this post and also thanking the devs and encouraging them to stay strong with the plan and not cave and suddenly invite everyone at once, flooding the servers and dooming a smooth launch. People need to learn a bit of patience... too many damn impatient Sith out there... :jawa_wink:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get in yet either. My brother did though, and we are about 10 days apart. I have a feeling I'll get in by the end of tomorrow. But still, I'd rather get in later and play unhindered. He;s waiting to create the character we've been talking about playing together.

So for now, he's playing what will be his alt. He'll start his main with me when I get in. Not sure why others are all complaining that their friends are all out leveling them and crap. Inconsiderate friends if ya ask me.

/signed great to see bioware sticking to their plans and keeping that vast majority of players happy when launch comes. Lots of us work and planned to take time off at the 20th, with this staggered launch, we should have a great day.

/signed If anything it's building my excitement to getting to play. All I can do while I wait really is read these forums. It's just sad the majority of threads I read are whining and not much useful information or constructive topics being posted.

Yes I realize that this is the General forums but still.

/signed If anything it's building my excitement to getting to play. All I can do while I wait really is read these forums. It's just sad the majority of threads I read are whining and not much useful information or constructive topics being posted.

Yes I realize that this is the General forums but still.

The least they could do (the whiners) is offer some speculative "better" alternative solutions to shoot down almost instantly to keep things interesting... :jawa_tongue:

It's amazing how hypocritical and closed-minded you are. People don't agree with you that it's a good launch so they're wrong because you're right. Amazing logic.

This launch is a bad launch because of the fact that player X will have over a week's head-start over player B.

There is no reason for this to be forced onto players, no benefit that couldn't be obtained from further beta testing of servers. It's penny-pinching.

I'm starting a thread where people who actually appreciate the Staggered invites and understand the reasoning for it. I really hope that all the posts about entitlement and whining are a vocal minority and the silent majority are patiently waiting for their turn to play a smooth, non laggy, non crashing game without queues to boot. Besides, those who have no problem with the launch as it is have no reason to be vocal about it, right? Well, here's a thread to throw out a thank you to the devs because there are people who can appreciate the favor.

I'd like to thank the devs for going out of their way to ensure that those who get access when they do get to have a flawless launch experience, and keeping the community well-informed about when waves go out, and why and how this whole process works.

If people choose to complain, its their fault for not reading the information that's out there, for refusing to believe it, and it's ignorant on their behalf for not realizing there's no other better, cost-effective solution out there. Apparently they would rather be unable to play at all for hours at a time, waiting in line, and then suffering through an unplayable starting area and laggy and crashing servers. Of course, they'd go and complain about the game anyway in this case. Let's not forget that this is free game time.

So I'm venting by writing this post and also thanking the devs and encouraging them to stay strong with the plan and not cave and suddenly invite everyone at once, flooding the servers and dooming a smooth launch. People need to learn a bit of patience... too many damn impatient Sith out there... :jawa_wink:

I don't care about the waves. I just want to know when I can play so I can plan to be here. I would prefer a queue to this. At least I would know when I could count on playing. I didn't spend 80 dollars just like those who are already in to be 48 hours behind.

/signed

I like the way BW are handling this, the risks for sever lag, crashing servers and extended down time is most likely very limited thanks to this.

People saying that his is a failed launch, or worse, have no idea what a failed launch, or worse, is really like.

The least they could do (the whiners) is offer some speculative "better" alternative solutions to shoot down almost instantly to keep things interesting... :jawa_tongue:

/signed

& the above would require cognitive thought & multitasking. Hard to stomp feet and suggest alternatives at the same time.

Im sorry i cant appreciate it all i can do is hope they learn something from it in the future, it could have been great with a little more excecution, but as it is atm its got some failings.

they should have known that there was a lot of people excited to play and paid for better servers to get launch week perfect, they stand a better chance of keeping players iand atracting new ones f they only have good things about its launch. even doubling up on what they have now would have ment getting people on faster, honestly all the way through beta i wasnt worried in the slightest, even the quests on stress test weekends wernt that bad, just park in a Q make something to drink, i honestly think all these people thinking they lost out cos they didnt get a full 5 days has to be doing more harm than people waiting in a Q for an hour or two, in fact that might even get people more excited about playing knowing they are going to get on.

they could have staggered launches, but also included in that staggered region wide extra waves so when one regoin logs off for the night there is a new set of invites ready for a region thats just waking up just a couple of 1000 people in the preorder order they would have got on. these servers are going to be quiet tomorrow morning in the EU i bet you, they were all the way through the beta, soon as US log off for the night there is hardly anyone about. cos im a nightowl and tend to be up late i actualy resorted to starting again on the US servers and staying up later tan i should hate so i wasnt playing on empty servers.

Well done. Smoothest launch of an MMO I can remember. Good quality experience in-game, barely any lag, no fighting droves of others for mobs, yet still enough people to group with and chat to.

Thumbs up.

It is smooth because majority can't play the game. You gonna have queues regardless later on.