The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

350% Event Bonus need to stay

Manjaca

Dear Bioware

The 350% Event Bonus Need to stay!

The old Galactic Command Rate ist not tolarable. The old rate makes playing Twinks impossible. This Game lives from playing our Twinks!

This is your Chance on Reparation. ;)

Sorry for my bad English.

Yeah, I've got to admit... I find the current drop rate to be about right.

It strikes a good balance between the frustration of the RNG with a fairly constant flow of gear while not making me feel like I'm wasting time when playing an alt.

Boost all they want it still useless to those who raid. Only the return of guaranteed 100% specific loot drops on all bosses will help raiding. For PvP massive components increase. Keep the GC for people who enjoy gambling but get it out of raiding and PvP.

I think it would be a huge mistake to reduce the rate after the "event" is over. The grind for GC felt way out of sync before but now I'm actually getting crates at a more reasonable rate (closer to the rate they originally said we'd be getting them.) They need to understand that while there will always be hard core grinders, the majority of their player base probably plays the game with real life time constraints. Add in that people might want to do content that is FUN rather than content that earns the max points, and you've got another reason for crate gain being slower than the theoretical max.

Crate gain needs to come at a reasonable pace or people will feel overwhelmed and potentially not bother to play the grind at all.

I think it would be a huge mistake to reduce the rate after the "event" is over. The grind for GC felt way out of sync before but now I'm actually getting crates at a more reasonable rate (closer to the rate they originally said we'd be getting them.)

Yeah I mean I just spent the weekend questing I hit 70 on tatooine, did the bonus series, did Alderran, Nar Shaddaa bonus series and a few heroics and finished the weekend on either rank 15 or 16, this rate of cxp gain felt rather reasonable to me and it felt like I was still progressing as I could see it gaining levels if it went back to normal and I got just 1 level for all of that it would feel awful.

I still disliked the pack contents, too many rep tokens and jawa junk for my liking but they are hardly even worth disintegrating.

Bioware state they want a pack every half a hour, but are they going to ever really tell us half a hour of what? normal questing, or only farming the Galactic command mission types only? plus when it comes to repeatable chapters should 1 chapter earn 2 ranks since with cutscenes each chapter is about a hours worth or are they going to encourage you to spacebar through the whole thing so that you can repeate many times by spacebarring.

They already addressed this in a way:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9239830#edit9239830

Good question! In short, when the event ends in 5.2 we are going to also readjust the CXP rates at the same time. The intent is to buff CXP above what it was prior to the event. How high we buff it remains to be seen, but our intent is definitely that you get a crate faster than you did before 5.1.1. Once we get closer to 5.2 I should have more details on what CXP gains will look like.

-eric

Threads like this are why I am continuously surprised that BW does anything like these bonus XP events.

It seems that no matter what cookie BW gives the mice, they are never satisfied.

This bonus event is not even over yet. There is over a month left for this event, yet it took less than one week after the event started for the mice to come crying for BW to let them eat their cookie and have it too.

Threads like this are why I am continuously surprised that BW does anything like these bonus XP events.

It seems that no matter what cookie BW gives the mice, they are never satisfied.

This bonus event is not even over yet. There is over a month left for this event, yet it took less than one week after the event started for the mice to come crying for BW to let them eat their cookie and have it too.

So what does that make you, the doormouse? People are concerned they are going to have the rug yanked out from under them again, perfectly justifiable after the 5.0 debacle. If you think it's QQing, go on and enjoy the event, nothing constructive for you to say here.

Dear Bioware

The old Galactic Command Rate ist not tolarable. The old rate makes playing Twinks impossible. This Game lives from playing our Twinks!

I second this, +1.

So what does that make you, the doormouse? People are concerned they are going to have the rug yanked out from under them again, perfectly justifiable after the 5.0 debacle. If you think it's QQing, go on and enjoy the event, nothing constructive for you to say here.

"The rug pulled out from under them"?

BW was very clear about how long the event would last. BW has also said they will be making adjustments. Will those adjustments be equal to what we have now? I'm not sure even BW knows the answer to that question, at this time.

Every time BW has one of these bonus events, the mice cry and clamor for the bonus to be extended, brought back and/or made permanent. It makes no difference how long the event lasts, or that BW clearly lets us know how long the events last.

Double XP? "BW, when is the next double XP event", "BW, you need to bring back the double XP. I had to work that weekend and missed some of it."

The same thing happened after the 12XP event.

It makes no difference what cookie bW gives us. It is never enough for the mice.

While that my be true most of he time, I feel that this is for different reasons.

So pretty much everyone dislikes galactic command whether it's because of rng or how long it takes between ranks.

Some players are find the time between ranks satisfying during this event and probably don't wholly trust bioware to get 5.1.2 & 5.2 correct in terms of cxp, the trial and error process will go on for months while players felt better during the event I know I enjoyed playing my level 70 warrior at the weekend knowing that ranks were being granted at what I felt was a reasonable rate, bioware could trial and error cxp changes for the next year and still get it wrong.

Dear Bioware

Why stop with 350?

I think they should release tier 4-5 asap and then announce tier 6-7 later end of year with new episode 8 release. Then boost another +100% and everyone is happy to grind futher...

Who cares what those boxes actually give, its all about farming cxp.

Edited by Divona

Why stop with 350?

I think they should release tier 4-5 asap and then announce tier 6-7 later end of year with new episode 8 release. Then boost another +100% and everyone is happy to grind futher...

Who cares what those boxes actually give, its all about farming cxp.

Galactic command is a 2 part problem, one of which is what the boxes are giving and the other is the rate in which players acquire boxes. Now clearly the 350% boost solves the second problem while the first would still need to be addressed.

"The rug pulled out from under them"?

BW was very clear about how long the event would last. BW has also said they will be making adjustments. Will those adjustments be equal to what we have now? I'm not sure even BW knows the answer to that question, at this time.

Every time BW has one of these bonus events, the mice cry and clamor for the bonus to be extended, brought back and/or made permanent. It makes no difference how long the event lasts, or that BW clearly lets us know how long the events last.

Double XP? "BW, when is the next double XP event", "BW, you need to bring back the double XP. I had to work that weekend and missed some of it."

The same thing happened after the 12XP event.

It makes no difference what cookie bW gives us. It is never enough for the mice.

You either don't read before you respond, or are being intentionally obtuse to avoid admitting your posts here are nothing more than personal attacks on other posters' points of view.

The removal of the old gearing system in 5.0, and replacing it with RNG + an interminable grind, was the rug being swept from under players' proverbial feet. It's been somewhat fixed with the tokens + unassembled pieces/components + XP boost (wow such a simple system), but they are going to remove the XP boost when they release the first boss of the new OP, and add a new tier of gear so they can force more grind. That is so the new boss is not farmed within 2 weeks of release. That will be the rug being swept away again, because there is still nothing to address the grind on every alt an established player has, not to mention the fact that being forced back onto the treadmill just as you finish the first grind is going to p*ss off a lot of people.

That's what this thread is about. If you disagree, but have nothing constructive to say, go make your own thread and sing GC's praises to the sky. All you are doing is calling people "mice" and belittling their points of view. Hint: that's not constructive.

It does need to stay but bw will not make that happen.

They need you to get higher in the GC ranks so that when they kick in the next Tier that will more than likely go from 300-390 or so, you wont feel so left behind to the point that you just quit.

It's doesn't matter what content you do bw wants your experience in swtor to be all about gambling and the RNG experience. To make it more enticing, they add a 350% boost to CXP to get you to the more interesting GC levels but made sure to add another level on top to keep even the most HC enticed.

The 350% CXP boost should stay but it wont. BW doesn't want you leveling through GC at that pace for too long. 350% boost makes the game gearing a bit more tolerable but the RNG still screws it up.

So while 350% should stay to to make things a bit tolerable it wont and in the end it doesn't really matter when the end result is still RNG crates and well there is nothing fun, exciting or entertaining about that.