Please fix your trash launcher for this game

Amodin

I for one, am SO TIRED of just seeing the loading window just before the character selection screen, and nothing else.

Today has been the worst of the worst in terms of trying to play.

All I see is Vaylin and Senya squaring off, motionless, on a flaming platform.

Maybe that is all that the game has been reduced to? The flaming platform? Did I not get this memo or something?

Edited by Amodin

I hate it, too, especially when it happens several times in a row when I'm logging in.

Unfortunately, this bug, like many others, are very low in priority to fixing the game's real problems. Problems such as how group member icons displayed on the minimap, AoE telegraph appearance that everyone had real issues with, and most importantly, fixing the complicated and confusing token-based gearing system.

Edited by Edyn

Funny, I was just thinking about this today, how many stupid loading screens and clicks it takes just to start this game, its reminiscent of games a decade ago. It does fit with the frustrate the player model that they seem to employ from day one of this game.

Funny, I was just thinking about this today, how many stupid loading screens and clicks it takes just to start this game, its reminiscent of games a decade ago. It does fit with the frustrate the player model that they seem to employ from day one of this game.

I still find the most exciting and random issue the loading to a space station, to run down a corridor, and load from a lift, into the station itself, to run across the station, to get into a shuttle, to a load screen, to get to a planet. Given how often my game can crash on loading screens, this truly is the most exciting RNG aspect of the game! :D

• 1 month later...
I still find the most exciting and random issue the loading to a space station, to run down a corridor, and load from a lift, into the station itself, to run across the station, to get into a shuttle, to a load screen, to get to a planet. Given how often my game can crash on loading screens, this truly is the most exciting RNG aspect of the game! :D

I find the most insulting part of it when you get to the shuttle from the station to the planet... and that shuttle has an option to go to your ship. Just to remind you that you have to run all the way to the pesky shuttle, but there apparently is shuttle service to your ship.

Also, on the list of annoyances, especially when playing the Trooper story line which has a ton of this, the likes of "Travel to Coruscant" quest steps. If I quick travel to Coruscant using the legacy travel, it doesn't advance the quest. Nope, I've got to get into my ship, fly to Coruscant from another location, just so it can tell me to talk to a person on Coruscant. There's nothing to do in the ship, no cut scene, but you have to take your ship.

Edited by Battilea

I understand the frustration, however if you don't list any information about your pc build (CPU, GPU, RAM manufacturer etc.), operating system and in game graphic settings they'd be having to find a digital needle in a very big digital haystack. You can't expect people to fix a problem if they have neither proof nor leads to where it could be.

And keep in mind that the actual developers don't visit the forums often, this is mostly done by support crew and community managers. They're just messengers so try to keep a friendly tone (explain your frustration, don't smear it on the walls like a caveman would) if you even want to have a chance that your message is conveyed to the dev team.

Also the general forums might not be the best place to address bugs or technical issues unless it's an issue for everyone like cheaters in pvp. Try reposting this in the Bug Reports section with a little more information about your system and settings.

And for the record, the launcher is working fine for me since the latest patch. I had some infinite loading bars a few months back, but i was able to work around them with a pc reboot back then.

Running an i5-3470 on an Asus P8Z77-V LK board, 2x 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black DDR3 and a AMD SAPPHIRE NITRO Radeon R9 380 4G D5. On Windows 7 ultimate and all in game settings set to high.

Edited by DrDaMoZ

I for one, am SO TIRED of just seeing the loading window just before the character selection screen, and nothing else.

Today has been the worst of the worst in terms of trying to play.

All I see is Vaylin and Senya squaring off, motionless, on a flaming platform.

Maybe that is all that the game has been reduced to? The flaming platform? Did I not get this memo or something?

Dear OP and others., please fix your trash internet and low-end computers. With all the legitimate complaints about bugs and problems with this game, it is extremely annoying to read ignorant and clueless threads like this.

• You cannot run this game on a DSL connection. You will have a bad time.
  • If you can't run this game on high settings, you will have a bad time.
  • If you don't have a SSD, you will get long, long loading screens, and thus, a bad time.
  • If you don't know wt.f i'm talking about, you will have a bad time. Go buy a console because you are not PC Master Race material.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Dear OP and others., please fix your trash internet and low-end computers. With all the legitimate complaints about bugs and problems with this game, it is extremely annoying to read ignorant and clueless threads like this.

• You cannot run this game on a DSL connection. You will have a bad time.
  • If you can't run this game on high settings, you will have a bad time.
  • If you don't have a SSD, you will get long, long loading screens, and thus, a bad time.
  • If you don't know wt.f i'm talking about, you will have a bad time. Go buy a console because you are not PC Master Race material.

Oh, how I wish this were true, it would feed your ignorance to the point of stupidity... oh wait, that already reared it's ugly head by your assumption of something you know nothing about at all.

I'm done with this. When they can fix this problem, maybe I will fix my credit card tied to the subscription.

This was never an issue until this last garbage expansion. Now, along with the story-line, the launcher is just utter trash.