Remove Arenas from Unranked que for duration of CXP event

Spyderwraith

As title states. Remove them. They are a waste of time provide no discernible reward and have no incentive to remain within them

If all you are doing is farming CXP, maybe you should play pve. Most people pvp for the sake of pvp and don't care as much about CXP. I'd rather play an Arena match than sit in the queue waiting for it to pop because there aren't enough for an 8 man.

If all you are doing is farming CXP, maybe you should play pve. Most people pvp for the sake of pvp and don't care as much about CXP. I'd rather play an Arena match than sit in the queue waiting for it to pop because there aren't enough for an 8 man.

I play both PVP and PVE, and when I PVP i do so in groups most of the time, and they echo my annoyance with Arenas. There are easier ways to Farm CXP yes, but the fact remains the Arenas in current state offer Abysmal rewards. And they have their own que so in my opinion they needn't be in unranked map rotation

I play both PVP and PVE, and when I PVP i do so in groups most of the time, and they echo my annoyance with Arenas. There are easier ways to Farm CXP yes, but the fact remains the Arenas in current state offer Abysmal rewards. And they have their own que so in my opinion they needn't be in unranked map rotation

So maybe instead of asking to remove them, how about asking for more rewards.

If you only pvp in groups, then you probably don't experience big queue times because you've got half a team right there. Even if there aren't many in the queue, you only need another 4 and you've got a match.

For people who are in the queue solo, playing arena is often the only pop because there aren't enough in the queue.

But like you said, you play pve too. Lots of pvpers don't and we only pvp and arent so concerned about CXP farming, we just want to pvp. So playing arena or 8 man is acceptable even if we get limited CXP.

If you find farming CXP so poor in Arena, don't pvp or if you pop an arena, all leave straight away so it back fills. If when you requeue and you pop straight back into the same arena, it's a good sign there aren't enough people in the queue. So that's a good time for you to go pve ;)

Yeah, I was wondering as well, why you can't get a team together before match...

I had a match when at least 6 players left the minute they saw it was an arena, and we ended up being 3 vs 4, irony is we won... but still had the opposing team been skilled, we would have been screwed.

Its frustrating, to see them join the team and then leave immediatelly... because low cxp from it, this is what happens when pve people do warzones for CXP and tokens ...

I'd say - make option to select warzones, arenas or BOTH in unranked queue.

People that are waiting for pop may queue for both

People that wanna practice for ranked may queue for arenas, and objective farmers can queue 8v8. This will slow down pops for a little bit, but will make the game more comfortable.

Edited by DerSchneider

I was petrified of arenas when I started out- now, while sometimes the deck will be stacked badly, it's amazing to actually win them... sorry, we're talking CXP? That sucks the soul from the game honestly, while my favourite matches vary per class and Odessen Proving Grounds is my all time favourite map- it's still my favourite endgame activity, no matter what stupid Command Rank garbage and gear/broken bolster does.

Playing for CXP alone will break you.

I was petrified of arenas when I started out- now, while sometimes the deck will be stacked badly, it's amazing to actually win them... sorry, we're talking CXP? That sucks the soul from the game honestly, while my favourite matches vary per class and Odessen Proving Grounds is my all time favourite map- it's still my favourite endgame activity, no matter what stupid Command Rank garbage and gear/broken bolster does.

Playing for CXP alone will break you.

I completely agree. Stop farming and try to enjoy.

I also completely hated arenas at first, but i still hate rishi, that map is just bug.

2. Arenas are a good way to give some PvP to low-pop servers/timezones.

No arenas are a *********** garbage game mode thatr either needs to be fixed or removed, the whole game mode is more irritating than quesh hut ball

Here is my first gripe with this mode:85% of the time the match always starts at a 4v3 or worse like in my picture, it puts one side at a dis advantage off the bat and is fun for neither side

http://i.imgur.com/we1W4kR.png

a freaking 1v4 and even if team amtes join off the start their char is dead so you auto lose the first round and unfairly start off on the back foot

then you have issues of class and role composition/distribution, one side could be all ranged and the other all melee

one side could be all dps and the other could be a proper comp and have a tank and a healer and 2 dps, its even worse when its 4 randoms being paired vs a premade

arenas are a mess

Edited by Udoroththefinal

Arenas are one of the best PvP maps and there's no reason to remove them. If you want CXP, go farm Fractured.

I've read this like four times and I still can't understand it. Because no sane person would seriously argue that Rishi Arena or Makeb Mesa were "the best PvP maps", right?

I've read this like four times and I still can't understand it. Because no sane person would seriously argue that Rishi Arena or Makeb Mesa were "the best PvP maps", right?

No, Rishi is quite bad. (I like Makeb.) That still doesn't warrant removing all arenas from unranked. And, tbh, rather Rishi than Odessen. Or Voidstar.

No, Rishi is quite bad. (I like Makeb.) That still doesn't warrant removing all arenas from unranked. And, tbh, rather Rishi than Odessen. Or Voidstar.

Space Station and Corellia are ok. Tattooine heavily favors ranged and is just generally a shiatshow. The rest of the arenas are terribad maps IMO.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.