The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Option to Turn OFF XP boost

TrixxieTriss

Personally, I collect armor sets. Heroic armor sets are rewarded based on level. It is already very hard to get some of those sets completed with RNG being what it is, 2.5x exp makes that impossible. There are rare low level world drops which are also dependent on your level. A lvl 70 can't go back to Drommund Kaas and farm for prototype Nerf-herder armor because every armor drop will be Outlander. There are so few genuine low level characters that these rare armors and weapons don't make it onto the GTN, and when they do, they cost a fortune.

Having this issue right now. I badly want Paramount Military Legend’s Vibroblade but it's a Voss world drop and I have no idea how I'll get it or if it will ever show up on the market. It didn't used to be this rare, I have it on my old toon. /sigh

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times have you canceled - enabled your subscription until now? There are like 2 months now threatening that you are going to cancel your sub or that you have already actually canceled your sub. I am wondering if you had pay for 12 months sub and that's the reason you are still here.

E-25 Weighted Vibrosword has the exact same look and is available from the weapons vendor on Nar Shadaa, Lower Promenade

I'll check it out, tyvm.

You know, it's a funny thing but I just cannot find a weapons vendor anywhere I look. I checked Quesh, I checked DK, I'm at the lower promenade and I don't see one :confused:

Ah, ok then.

Edited by grania

Hate to break it to you, but PVP in this game will never be about skill vs skill. Gear matters and will always matter.

Also PVP in this game is mostly a stunfest. Especially ranked. Who stuns better wins.

Totally agree,

PvP is so broken but the lead designers that have been allocated mostly since launch have been clueless of how to make PvP better.

Yeah, for me it doesn't make any difference when I play a lvl 30 quest on level 35 or 70, because my character is limited on 32, but I think, it gets xp as it would be a 35 or 70 quest, so the level of my character is always higher than the limit on the planet I'm playing on. Why is that bad? Because I remember a time, when it was actually a challange when you played a dd with a dd as compenion! This was hard!

Now the story phase is way too easy. The story chapters after the rise of the Eternal Empire aren't any better. The story mode is too easy and the veteran mode is too hard for my ill equiped 70 char. I came back to SWTOR to play the last of the story chapters, but the state of the game is making me quit agian.

Why can't you implement different game modes for different type of players? A grind mode, which has the level speed before the first expansion and a rush mode, in which only the main quests are needed to reach 70.

TLDR; I support the inclusion of a toggle xp or bonus xp switch for those that would use it. I do not support the OP's use of bright yellow font.

I actually like being too powerful for the content, makes me feel like a ******. :cool:

I don't find challenge in standard mmo mob combat, even if severely under-leveled. Its still a random number generator unless you add additional mechanics, which most mobs do not have. /shrug

But I don't care if someone wants to turn xp off. What does that matter to me? No sense in arguing with them.

Everytime it comes around, people ask for this, but consider why Bioware is doing it this time.

They're desperately trying to make people play more characters to boost cartel market sales. When people only play one character, they mostly only buy packs/gtn stuff to trick out that one character. They need people to play more characters so that overall they spend more on the cartel market or at least funnel credits to crate buyers selling stuff on the GTN (as it helps to keep them happy about their crate purchases).

I don't expect the leadership of this game to have much time for anything that doesn't involve trying to save their jobs for a while.

Edited by lobstah_rofls

Please give us an option to turn off XP boost. That is all we want, is the option, nothing more.

Would appreciate that, even more a way to tune down the "normal XP rate" and OP companions but don't hold your breath even for such a basic feature.

Edited by Deewe

Can we get back on topic.

Please give us an option to turn off XP boost. That is all we want, is the option, nothing more.

This shouldn't have to be defended. Everyone has their own playstyle they enjoy. For example, low and mid PvP is pretty much a totally different game than endgame. It's a chance to try new AC variations and playstyles. I usually have multiple alts leveling at different times just to try new stuff out in these brackets. Rapidly outleveling ruins this experience. This is just one example of the issue.

So this request is pretty basic, doesn't hurt anyone, has nothing to do with level sync, and has been in game before. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that.

This shouldn't have to be defended. Everyone has their own playstyle they enjoy. For example, low and mid PvP is pretty much a totally different game than endgame. It's a chance to try new AC variations and playstyles. I usually have multiple alts leveling at different times just to try new stuff out in these brackets. Rapidly outleveling ruins this experience. This is just one example of the issue.

So this request is pretty basic, doesn't hurt anyone, has nothing to do with level sync, and has been in game before. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that.

Agreed either make the option available or lose subs... which is surely counter productive. Lets make everybody happy for once

signed... altho if devs respond its gonna be a miracle. why would they bother? its waste of a few seconds.

BW was ignoring players for too long about this. its few seconds of work to get some subs back, more subs = more money. there's money in that for you...

Edited by MotherCrusher

Hi Eric

Unless I missed it somewhere in your notes, you didn't mention there would also be a 250% XP boost as well as a 250% CXP boost.

This XP boost is not needed for a lot of people. I dare say it is going to turn me off resubscribing again (which I considered doing). I only lvl in pvp and enjoy playing all brackets, I'm currently lvling up about 20 Alts. When you add boosted XP I have to stop playing them or I can max them out in a few days.

With the way gearing is and will be till about April, the only saving grace for me to not worry about RNG gearing is pre70 pvp. It's the only reason I was going to resub (which runs out 5th Feb). If you add this 250% XP you will remove the last bastion of enjoyable pvp for myself and many others..

For us pvp should be skill vs skill and at the moment it's gear vs gear.

Please give us the option to turn off the 250% XP boost.

Help me Eric, you're my only hope 🙏

100% agree.

Anyone who wants to turn it off is a fool. They are also stupid because they do not know how this game works.

First there is level sync. Second there is no reason not to get to 70 and there is every reason to get to 70.

Why?

Because once you hit 70 you get GC and CXP replaces your standard exp bar. EXP no longer matters in this game because it does nothing for you. However, CXP does. It gets you gear, cosmetic items, rep, comp gifts, mounts, and pets. You do not have to grind CXP in just warzones or uprisings. You will get CXP doing planet quests, all the sides quests, your class missions and all gold+ mobs. When you do heroics you will not not just get credits but the alliance crates for more cosmetic gear.

There is absolutely no reason to want to be under 70 in this game. In fact you want to hit 70 before you leave the starter worlds to max out your CXP gain before you would have to grind it when you complete all the quests.

Because of the issues with 70 pvp, you are incorrect. I'm thinking I'll play my 3 favorite PVP char classes up to 69 and delete the char when it gets to 70 and repeat. Most 70 pvp matches right now are a joke. Voidstar both sides beat on each other and 30 seconds from the end of 2nd round someone gets 1 bomb. What is the point of the rest of the voidstar map, only need the first room. DVL gear broken with bolster, unkillable classes, pubs never even queue because imps are way too OP gear wise right now. As far as I can tell, 70 pvp cannot be fixed until 6.0 comes out and resets everyone back to zero on a new system.

... pubs never even queue because imps are way too OP gear wise right now. As far as I can tell, 70 pvp cannot be fixed until 6.0 comes out and resets everyone back to zero on a new system.

The bulk of the gear issues can be corrected by reverting the braindead change that pushed PvP bolster down to just under Tier 2. Bolster must, must, must be set higher than the current highest tier of gear. PvP is better off without the whingers that refuse to play without a gear gap.