I played daily since 5.0 with two toons. Neither is close to rank 3. Pvpers are rekt.

Alec_Fortescue

Played mostly ranked and regs. I didn't take advantage of the popular farming spots. Nearly two months later I still don't have access to 240 schematics, despite being 2k+ rating player. I am at a big disadvantage here. I have no access to gear to optimize myself that's not gonna cost me a ludicrous amount of credits. New update didn't help. Legacy command tokens are only good for buying cxp boosts. Gear tokens only drop from tough operations for which I have difficulties finding a party. I am absolutely not rewarded for reaching 2k rating while I should have been like PvErs are.

One of my characters is 140. The other (2200 rated jug) is 97.

This system is trash for pvpers. Why am I getting daily/weekly rewards based on my cxp rank rather than my rating? (gold, silver, bronze?) PvErs get schematics from bosses, PvPers are shafted. Playing the game I enjoy to play screws me over.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I have no access to gear to optimize myself that's not gonna cost me a ludicrous amount of credits.

Part of self sufficient means to make money, level some professions and build your own gear. Just playing one toon and advancing from 1-70 via storylines gives you nearly 1mil credits. Enough to level alot of professions. Then a few H2 and you get enough to buy resources instead of farming or doing crew missions.

The only disadvantage is your lacking ambition.

PvErs get schematics from bosses, PvPers are shafted.

PVP boxes contain 230 schematics by default too and can be obtained at a much higher rate than through PVE.

Edited by Zasszz

Played mostly ranked and regs. I didn't take advantage of the popular farming spots. Nearly two months later I still don't have access to 240 schematics, despite being 2k+ rating player. I am at a big disadvantage here. I have no access to gear to optimize myself that's not gonna cost me a ludicrous amount of credits. New update didn't help. Legacy command tokens are only good for buying cxp boosts. Gear tokens only drop from tough operations for which I have difficulties finding a party. I am absolutely not rewarded for reaching 2k rating while I should have been like PvErs are.

This system is trash for pvpers. Why am I getting daily/weekly rewards based on my cxp rank rather than my rating? (gold, silver, bronze?) PvErs get schematics from bosses, PvPers are shafted. Playing the game I enjoy to play screws me over.

Yep the new system is much better for pvers. Of course pve players will say that it isn't because you won't have a luck in rolling the piece + ninja looting but! We all know everyone is running ops through guild runs and those just gearing each other every week. For example there is a guild named "X" which consists of players a,b,c,d. One week guild X gives all gear from bosses to A, next week X's operation runs will be for player B , so player B gets everything, next week player C will receive all gear from bosses. In a few weeks they will have 3-5 full geared players and will continue to gear everyone in their guild. No ninja loot, no unlucky rolls, no failures (thanks to coordination of course) while pvp players are tied to a stupid components which are dropping in a very small quantity.... Another gearing disbalance in pve favor from bioware

Edited by omaan

I cannot make my own gear as I don't have access to 240s like pvers and command grinders do.

230 are nothing - waste of materials.

So you ALWAYS fight people with 240 item level? You ALWAYS loose because your gear "sucks"? Sounds like you just suck at pvp regardless of your gear. But keep telling yourself that if you cant play golf, its the fault of the golf club.

This reminds me of an old comic: http://up.picr.de/28151258rf.jpg

Edited by Zasszz

PVP boxes contain 230 schematics by default too and can be obtained at a much higher rate than through PVE.

You seem ignorant so allow me to educate you - Bolster is set at 232 so 230 gear is useless in WZ's. To upgrade in PVP currently you have to grind out over 100 GC lvls before you even get the chance at marginal upgrades or spend over a hundred million buying 240 mods/enhancements. Or do PvE which I don't need or want since I am 100% on Operation and Flashpoint Achievements and have been for nearly two years.

The fact that PVP boxes give 230 schematics only reinforces how out of touch the devs are.

You seem ignorant so allow me to educate you - Bolster is set at 232 so 230 gear is useless in WZ's.

Again, if people suck because of two item level difference, they just suck.

I find it hilarious when people only blame the gear and completely miss that pvp isnt just about gear. Its impossible to be on the same level as the one next to you for reasons the whiners here never consider. Even if you have the exact same gear, you can still lose for many reasons.

And if you play so much and still dont get what you need, you should have enough cash to buy the resources to ask someone with the proper schematics to build the desired items.

But lets hear some more excuses why the world is so unfair to you.

You seem ignorant so allow me to educate you - Bolster is set at 232 so 230 gear is useless in WZ's. To upgrade in PVP currently you have to grind out over 100 GC lvls before you even get the chance at marginal upgrades or spend over a hundred million buying 240 mods/enhancements. Or do PvE which I don't need or want since I am 100% on Operation and Flashpoint Achievements and have been for nearly two years.

The fact that PVP boxes give 230 schematics only reinforces how out of touch the devs are.

Mic drop. ^^^

I think spreading BS about PvE'ers having it so much easier won't help anyone, except to alienate one another when we should stand united. You talk as if doing MASTER MODE OPS (that's what you MUST do to get anything for 242) is easy peasy. That's what used to be called Nightmare mode, if I may remind you. This is anything but easy, takes forever, very often means wipe, and the chance to have anything drop ain't that great either. And then you can do it only once a week for a specific slot per character. And it takes forever. Really, complain all you want about rewards sucking for PvP players, I'm all with you, but please stop talking as if PvE players get free stuff thrown at them. It's simply not true.

So you ALWAYS fight people with 240 item level? You ALWAYS loose because your gear "sucks"? Sounds like you just suck at pvp regardless of your gear. But keep telling yourself that if you cant play golf, its the fault of the golf club.

Yet another non pvper jumping into trash people.

People here are trying to have an intelligent conversation, but by all means jump in and give your 2 cents worth of worthless trolling

Ok will explain to you the schematic drop system.

The schems drop based on your Galactic command level, so for your rank 140 toon the dailiy nad weekly has a chance to drop 234 stuff for you to craft. Once you get to rank 181 you have a chance to get 51 schematics (240 rating). Yes its a grind for 40 ranks and now ranked arenas rewards even less cxp, but sadly thats how it is.

Besides this your only option is the earn credits and buy off gtn. It is really expensive, especially if you only PVP in the game, but there are no other options for you. With a lot of ranked matches and wins you can also gather the components, but if you dont do HM ops they are useless to you as its stupid to buy 230 stuff.

As for the rating, you never did get an advantage in the game for having high rating, its just prestige, nothing else, mostly its for titles, special rewards, not serious ingame stuff.

Yep the new system is much better for pvers. Of course pve players will say that it isn't because you won't have a luck in rolling the piece + ninja looting but! We all know everyone is running ops through guild runs and those just gearing each other every week. For example there is a guild named "X" which consists of players a,b,c,d. One week guild X gives all gear from bosses to A, next week X's operation runs will be for player B , so player B gets everything, next week player C will receive all gear from bosses. In a few weeks they will have 3-5 full geared players and will continue to gear everyone in their guild. No ninja loot, no unlucky rolls, no failures (thanks to coordination of course) while pvp players are tied to a stupid components which are dropping in a very small quantity.... Another gearing disbalance in pve favor from bioware

You're either generalizing on a hypothetical guild or you've met an aberration. The several Raiding Guilds that I've been apart of allow all players to roll if their main needs it. Much later when mains are fully geared (this is when every boss dropped unassembled armor pre-5.0) you can roll for off specs or alts. With 5.1 only the last boss is guaranteed to drop 2 unassembled armor tokens, all other bosses have a 30-35% chance - that's not being able to gear anyone in a couple of days even if all gear went to one person, especially when one factors in lockouts.

The SM and HM ops that I've run drop 230-34 schematics as well as the GC boxes. 240\242 I believe are reserved for Nightmare ops which few guilds are able to run at this point in 5.0. I think 240 schematics also come from higher level Galactic Command crates too so perhaps the OP needs to grind GC a bit more or find a Guildie who can craft 240 mods and enhancements like my ops group did.

You make it sound like pvers can just que up with the same gear you have an get an easy nightmare operation. Even if a pver gets a lucky drop from a hardmode they have no way to upgrade it like pvpers do. On my server 95% of pvers can't do or don't have access to nightmare operations. I am being generous with the 95%. So at most they are looking at hm kp and ev so it will take months to get a full 234 set. After that, unless they can craft or get lucky and find a nightmare op team they are topped out. I've been seeing pvpers run kp/ev hm and use the components from pvp to get from 236 to 242's. Pvers do not have that opportunity.

This shouldn't be about PVP versus PVE anyways. Its the grinding and the pure chance involved that is the problem. They have turned a game into a full time job to get anywhere.

Heh, you might have misinterpreted that comic. It illustrates the point the people you're attacking are making quite nicely, and really does nothing but undercut your position.

I have played exclusively on one toon since 5.0 dropped, i"ve made it to GC240, and not gotten one use able piece of tier3 gear,

Not getting anything useable from tier3 s pretty much the same thing as not making tier3. Extremely discouraging either way, not "exciting" at all.

Edited by AmadanNaBrona

Schematics from PvP boxes could use a change, especially since 230 is useless in PvP, 234 is marginal and not worth the materials, and 240 is a huge boost but takes a long time to reach.

With the CXP changes coming, reaching 240 would be faster but it would still be a reward-less grind (outside of set bonuses and left-side gear) until you reach it.

What if PvP boxes gave 240 schematics always, but the chance would be based on your GC or Valor Rank?

Edited by Eli_Porter

They should just admit this system sucks and go back to the old system.

It's fun to try new things but sometimes you should stick with what works, which was the old system. No one is rushing to copy this new system that has been put in and no one will. They will not do it because it's a hated system, they see it but somehow the SWTOR devs fail to see that.

Pvp gearing progression is poor at the moment comparing with pve and many players agree with it:

I think for pve 5.1 did make things significantly better.

In terms of hours played, I spend more time pvping than pveing. With my guild we only raid twice on the weekends, for about 2 and a half hours. With the harmodes we cleared this weekend, we all got two 236 pieces, and two got 3. Yes, we were lucky with bosses dropping tokens but when they do, they drop 2 of them.

I got implant and head so that translate to 450 Unassemble components with the pvp route. No way I can farm that many components in 5 hours of WZs. It's certainly not 4.0 but at this rate (with a bit of luck , yes) we will be funneling 236 gear to alts or offspecs in a rather short term

Yes, I am fully aware this is not what OP asked, in fact the opposite, but the question itself implies this is better and I strongly disagree. Specially if we're talking about pvp

Some pvp players are doing operations now other just left and warzones are slowly becoming empty... Thanks Bioware for another fail

Schematics from PvP boxes could use a change, especially since 230 is useless in PvP, 234 is marginal and not worth the materials, and 240 is a huge boost but takes a long time to reach.

With the CXP changes coming, reaching 240 would be faster but it would still be a reward-less grind (outside of set bonuses and left-side gear) until you reach it.

What if PvP boxes gave 240 schematics always, but the chance would be based on your GC or Valor Rank?

If the 240 Schematics were BoE (and thus we could sell them on the GTN) it would be awesome, but I'll take your suggestion of a Valor-based reward.

• 2 months later...
Although they have made some adjustments to make this game alt-friendly again, it is obviouse that the measures which were made are not enough. Legacy perks - one of the positive things which helps to gain more cxp on other toons,yet it is not enough. Command tokens - almost useless. They must make cxp system legacy wide, so we would not have to level every alt from 1 to 300 command rank lol. Unessembled components should be also legacy wide Edited by omaan

Although they have made some adjustments to make this game alt-friendly again, it is obviouse that the measures which were made are not enough. Legacy perks - one of the positive things which helps to gain more cxp on other toons,yet it is not enough. Command tokens - almost useless. They must make cxp system legacy wide, so we would not have to level every alt from 1 to 300 command rank lol. Unessembled components should be also legacy wide

Alt friendly? I played every day with my MAIN characters until the time of posting this thread. Not only I didn't reach rank 3 but was locked out from getting decent gear and schematics despite being top 3 rated Juggernaut as pvp quests reward you based on cxp rank instead of your rating. Raiders have it easier as they can step into the higher difficulty raids and get better gear. I should get access to good gear for being a peak pvp performer.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

They need to increase Bolster so there is no major difference in gear. It's the only answer without messing up the whole system of gearing for the pve people.

They need to increase Bolster so there is no major difference in gear. It's the only answer without messing up the whole system of gearing for the pve people.

Bolster needs to go. Gearing needs to be made more accessible to pvpers. For example reward players with schematics based on their rating. This would encourage people to queue arenas and actually try to perform. Organized PvErs will still have quicker and easier access to top gear via ops.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue