Strange question : Most style points in 5.0 between Gunslinger and Sniper?

ArielRebel

As the thread's name implies, I'm wondering who has the better looking weapons, armor style, abilities, effects, etc.

I already did every stories in the game (beside trooper that I did not go past lvl 40-45 or so) a couple of years ago so I'm coming back only to see how is the game now compared to 3.X. I want to start a sniper or GS but I just can't decide between the two and I for sure don't have the time to lvl both.

Therefore, I'd like the opinion of fellow players!

Thank you,

A.R.

well with cartel market armor being equipable on any toon regardless of faction and looking the same, there isn't much limitation on how you look. Otherwise, Agents being technically high tech intelligence operative, they look less out of place with high tech armor than the privateer spacer with his trusty but slightly worn down ship I'd guess:P.

As far as sniper vs blaster goes tough, I find you have better looking sniper rifles than blaster pistols right now.

And they both have pretty good story, if thats your planned way to level, smuggler is hilarious, agent is really well written.

well with cartel market armor being equipable on any toon regardless of faction and looking the same, there isn't much limitation on how you look. Otherwise, Agents being technically high tech intelligence operative, they look less out of place with high tech armor than the privateer spacer with his trusty but slightly worn down ship I'd guess:P.

As far as sniper vs blaster goes tough, I find you have better looking sniper rifles than blaster pistols right now.

And they both have pretty good story, if thats your planned way to level, smuggler is hilarious, agent is really well written.

Yeah I'v already did both stories, but thx for the information regardless! I was wondering, sniper/blaster aside, which one do you feel has the best animations/effects in their abilities?

Edited by ArielRebel

Yeah I'v already did both stories, but thx for the information regardless! I was wondering, sniper/blaster aside, which one do you feel has the best animations/effects in their abilities?

Tbh they're very close in style points when it comes to animations. i'd say just figure out which one you like the most: a sniper rifle or 2x blaster pistols. If you have a boost token available i suggest you make a 65 sniper and teleport to the fleet and spend some time with the target dummys. When you're done, just delete the character and the token will be refunded.

Tbh they're very close in style points when it comes to animations. i'd say just figure out which one you like the most: a sniper rifle or 2x blaster pistols. If you have a boost token available i suggest you make a 65 sniper and teleport to the fleet and spend some time with the target dummys. When you're done, just delete the character and the token will be refunded.

Good idea! Thx!

nice, lemme know which one you pick.

In the end I used my token to start at 60 as a sniper, the pewpew spammy style of the GS can be annoying while the sniper sounds and effects makes it feel like it has an impact each shot! :D

Edited by ArielRebel

• 3 months later...
Old thread, but I'm currently pondering which of my characters I'll take from 50+ up through the story. The Gunslinger was my first character and love :p in the game, and especially now that you can finally get the guns I've literally wanted since 2011 - now called the Hunter's Blaster Pistol Mk-1 - I'm happier than ever with the style and coolness of dual guns. But playing the Sniper just feels more... weighty. As OP said, having the sniper rifle hammer out some powerful shots just feels more epic. Decisions, decisions. I'm leaning to the slinger, though.. just for old times sake. Edited by Nexdine

I'm biased for sure, but a couple of friends (who weren't sniper addicts!!) told me some time ago now that for them series of shots with the sound effects alone made it far more enjoyable than the slinger. Personally I agree but hey, I'm a self confessed addict :)

• 1 month later...