Choose your side. Feelings?

XeniasLatin

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too love the idea my Jedi can side with the Empire if she wants to. She's wholly disillusioned by the Republic so, yay. But yes, the effect it may have on future companions does concern me and I really wish they wouldn't go down that road. Choices matter is one thing, having the option (but not being forced to) kill or reject them is fine too but don't deny future Republic comps to people who've sided with the Empire and vice versa. We've been toyed with enough in terms of companions who're yet to return.

Guess we'll see how it truly plays out though. If that caveat only applies to very strict faction guys like Quinn, Dorne, Iresso, Zenith, Temple for example then fair enough.

Holding off on some of my characters play throughs until I see where this all leads. Just don't want to take the chance that I may be blocked from original companions by making a bad choice. I truly want Scourge and Zenith back. So, for now just taking trooper and SW through.

My only concern is that Bioware will gate certain companions behind others based on the side they're on.

My main worry is that if I choose to support the Empire with my Dark Side Jedi, that Scourge would somehow get 'gated' behind the Republic and I wouldn't get him, if I chose the Empire. That just wouldn't be right.

I hope Bioware will have the good sense to let US decide which companion we choose to have based on what WE want, not what side they're on, or who we might have chosen in earlier decisions.

My only concern is that Bioware will gate certain companions behind others based on the side they're on.

My main worry is that if I choose to support the Empire with my Dark Side Jedi, that Scourge would somehow get 'gated' behind the Republic and I wouldn't get him, if I chose the Empire. That just wouldn't be right.

I hope Bioware will have the good sense to let US decide which companion we choose to have based on what WE want, not what side they're on, or who we might have chosen in earlier decisions.

Well it sounds like they may be against you/fighting you.

I love how they punish you for siding with the empire by giving you Quinn back instead of Mako, Jaesa, Khem, etc... (j/k)

I actually like Elara, but siding with the post-KotFE Pub fustercluck... no. Darth Acina vs. the Pub gaggle of Saresh-manipulated idiots is not a hard choice.

Edited by stoopicus

I love how they punish you for siding with the empire by giving you Quinn back instead of Mako, Jaesa, Khem, etc... (j/k)

I actually like Elara, but siding with the post-KotFE Pub fustercluck... no. Darth Acina vs. the Pub gaggle of Saresh-manipulated idiots is not a hard choice.

It's a reward, my Sith Warrior has been intensely loyal to the Empire since the beginning of her class story and Quinn complimented her in that regard because as LS as she was, Quinn appreciated her reason and dedication to the Empire and she, him. It's actually fascinating now how she has lost her Emperor as the anchor point- she has no interest in the Alliance except as furthering the Empire. Any Republic allies need to realize, she is the Lord Wrath and just because she no longer serves Vitiate ( as of him trying to body-jack her and Vaylin serving as a massive wake up call) doesn't mean she ignores her blood.

She is Sith. The Republic can frell themselves.

I can not wait to align my Alliance with the Sith Empire. I wonder how Theron and the other Republic characters that are still alive will react? :) I would rather melt down my Alliance and use it to strengthen the Empire but this will have to do.

I posted this in my own topic but it was ruined by a cry baby, so I'll post it here.

"So, during this we can choose to align our Alliance with either the Republic or the Sith Empire. This is exciting, because I will align with the Sith Empire immediately, but why would those who come from the Republic in the Alliance stick around, if we're taking the fight to the Republic? Will they leave the Alliance and return to the Republic or will they remain and fight against their former faction. Same applies if the coin is flipped.

Anyone want to share their thoughts on this?"

Edited by SlthBounteHuntah

Yeah I'm going to be mighty miffed if Nat can't get all the force using conpaions that are outstanding regardless of their starting faction.

Scouts from the Alliance, Republic, and Sith have all arrived on Iokath. You, as the alliance commander, need to pick which side you will be on and take the super weapon..

I am reading this as if you're still Alliance but you fight the boss with either the republic or imperial forces? Who knows... maybe it will be like a light/dark choice every time you run it?

Yeah I'm going to be mighty miffed if Nat can't get all the force using companions that are outstanding regardless of their starting faction.

Me too.

With certain companions, like Scourge it wouldn't make sense for him to be so loyal to the republic. Like JennyFlynn said to me on facebook, Scourge would be happy if we left the Republic for the Empire...and he would be. He would give us a cookie lol.

I love the IDEA but the whole it affects your companions as me scared to death. What are your guy's thoughts and feelings?

I feel the same and I hope they clarify it if that's not what they meant. If it is, I hope they reconsider for future companions.

There's no way I'd choose Elara over Quinn, but I'd still like to have her. I think you can find justification for her joining you. Maybe she was disappointed in the way the Republic handled Zakuul?

I

There's no way I'd choose Elara over Quinn, but I'd still like to have her. I think you can find justification for her joining you. Maybe she was disappointed in the way the Republic handled Zakuul?

Since Elara is an Imperial defected imperial traitor turned republic special ops member, all that would be waiting for her back with the empire is torturous interrogation, imprisonment, and likely execution. So, if your alliance is siding with the Empire I cant imagine a plausible reason for her to leave the only faction that she has left as a sanctuary.

I feel the same and I hope they clarify it if that's not what they meant. If it is, I hope they reconsider for future companions.

It totally depends what character im playing for me. My Troopers always have and always will be loyal to the republic. Obviously my Quinnmancing Sith Warr has to choose enpure for Quinn.

My Inquisitor is darkside so empire for her but my agent, she sided with the republic during her class story. I think it will entirely depend on both sides arguments who she chooses. Just really have to cross my fingers that doesn't block Vector for her in the future :/ cause I love him, he is an awesome char and one of my fav romances.

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. We don't have very much information on how it will actually work. While on a story level it does make perfect sense that some companions would refuse to work with you if you sided with a particular faction... damn, it would be so damn painful to make those choices if I ended up having to choose between two companions I actually really like! Edited by AscendingSky

I love it more than you could imagine. :D

But I wish they could let us choose the faction again after KOTET, not the class, but the faction. Because all my toons will choose the new Empire as an ally, ok? yet 4 of them (my pubs) will still be republic toons and will be locked from the imperial fleet and imperial outposts... so it doesn't make a lot of sense... think of it.

But I love where this is going. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.