Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

You should know by now Luna that the devs don't even play SWTOR, to them it's just a job and a pay cheque nothing more. They're out of touch with their player base, have been for years as 5.0 proved beyond a shadow of a doubt. They don't have the passion, drive or desire to make SWTOR what it could have been and that's the really sad part.

Dragon Age: Inquisition and Mass Effect: Andromeda for all their flaws were still made by dev teams who believed in what they were making. They had passion, drive and desire. Something the SWTOR devs haven't had for a very long time.

This is very sad. This game could be incredible if they cared more. The vanilla content was simply amazing, even with its flaws. It really showed how much work and passion the devs invested in the game. Then the devs changed, as far as I know they had financial problems too. And it started to go downhill. I really miss the good old times, when the game was new. I am grateful and happy I was part of it, I have so much great memories of it.

Bioware has fantastic games, I would add the Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights series too. Not to mention KotOR. :) But this one could be the best, I think. Well, at least the servers are still available, so I can play the old content over and over again. :)

It's easy to see why the character is not sympathetic but, he's who we got and I like him. Femwarriors didn't ask for a LI who tries to kill them. That's what BW gave us, they own him and now they're responsible for making it right for everyone.

I understand why he's going to be killable. I don't like it in the same way I don't like that any companion is killable - it ends their story for all of us. I don't even know what I'm going to do with swtor after this reunion, it's the only thing that's eaten at me after all these years, hm.

Actually from data-mining it suggests that Quinn is only killable for sith warriors. So for most people he will still be alive even if you side with the other faction

that's awesome! what about people who got into another relationship? will that play out like in the previous DLC where there's a break-up scene. I'm worried I ruined my chances lol I just think playing through without a romance is kinda boring so I just had to try someone else.

I think it's going to be the same as all other returning romances that you just choose to start things up with Quinn again

I think this thread proves there's more lovers than haters? The kill Quinn thread only has like 6 pages. It could have just been created though, idk I didn't look at the date.

From what I've seen in these forums and the old Bioware ones in general is that the hate threads always tend to burn out since there's only so many times people can go over how they want to kill off or make a particular character suffer before everyone goes off to do something else while an appreciation thread tends to keep on keeping on. Only thing that seems to keep a hate thread going is if appreciators pop in to throw them some attention. As we can see here in the thread, the hate thread is so dead in the water they had to come over here to be seen since we were all ignoring that thread from the beginning.

Actually from data-mining it suggests that Quinn is only killable for sith warriors. So for most people he will still be alive even if you side with the other faction

Why is it I can guess something like this but never guess the winning Lotto numbers?

Edited by Limariko
combining my posts

From what I've seen in these forums and the old Bioware ones in general is that the hate threads always tend to burn out since there's only so many times people can go over how they want to kill off or make a particular character suffer before everyone goes off to do something else while an appreciation thread tends to keep on keeping on. Only thing that seems to keep a hate thread going is if appreciators pop in to throw them some attention. As we can see here in the thread, the hate thread is so dead in the water they had to come over here to be seen since we were all ignoring that thread from the beginning.

Maybe one of us should bump it, make it easier to find.

Neverwinter Nights

Gosh I've been listening to the NWN soundtrack almost constantly lately, don't know what it is with me. So nostalgic for some of those games.

in one of their streams, one of them said they hated him and wished to kill him and the other guy agreed. makes me think death will be the only option we have for him.

I wonder if these people are from the original team? I don't think so. At least the one/ones who made this character up must like him, since they wouldn't have made him so great and wouldn't have come up with these hilarious flirting conversations.

I find this peculiar, it's like they actually gave him a little protection? More so than other comps have gotten. Why would they do this?

Nm, we really shouldn't be talking about this yet :o

It's easy to see why the character is not sympathetic but, he's who we got and I like him. Femwarriors didn't ask for a LI who tries to kill them. That's what BW gave us, they own him and now they're responsible for making it right for everyone.

I understand why he's going to be killable. I don't like it in the same way I don't like that any companion is killable - it ends their story for all of us. I don't even know what I'm going to do with swtor after this reunion, it's the only thing that's eaten at me after all these years, hm.

I've heard this from a couple different sources now, I think I'm starting to believe it :)

You know what? I'm actually kind of disappointed with what they done with Quinn, even if it makes complete sense. Elara is done better in my view because they know they won't have a bunch of fan girls complaining if they get creative (So, you'll probably like what they do with Quinn). I'm not really spoiling what they do with Quinn, but it's far to safe for my liking.

Also, people DO know that the people who make the levels, the people who make the cutscenes and the people who decide what happens in those scenes are different people, right? Just saying two 'devs' hate Quinn is pretty damn meaningless unless you specify that it's the writers who are saying so (And again, there's more then one guy writing).

(So, you'll probably like what they do with Quinn). I'm not really spoiling what they do with Quinn, but it's far to safe for my liking.

I'm not sure what to make of this yet so I'll just have to wait and see.. few more days, you think I run my mouth now? :eek:

I'm not sure what to make of this yet so I'll just have to wait and see.. few more days, you think I run my mouth now? :eek:

Basiaclly, what I'm saying is fan girls will probably enjoy it and the haters will be satisfied. But I'm saying now, Elara is done WAY better here and actually made me enjoy her as a character MUCH more now because they didn't play it so safe with her.

My soul left my body as I watched that clip~~~~

I squealed so hard. That was utterly sexy.

Four days is too long.

Haha, I made my Quinn hating hubby mad when Malavai spoke. I squealed! I was really loud. Few things make me react that way lol.

I think I made the hubby flub his roll on Blade and Soul LOL.

Basiaclly, what I'm saying is fan girls will probably enjoy it and the haters will be satisfied. But I'm saying now, Elara is done WAY better here and actually made me enjoy her as a character MUCH more now because they didn't play it so safe with her.

Elara is going to die so many times on my account lol. I can't see allying with the Republic...with any of my toons. :eek::D

Four days is too long.

!!!

There was a clip??

Thank goodness Dulfy has a recording of the stream... heading over there now :D

Four days is too long.

LOL, at least some of us could maintain their positive mood regardless of that clip. :D

I can't see allying with the Republic...with any of my toons. :eek::D

My DS Smuggler will definitely join the Empire. :cool: My LS Jedi won't. My Trooper is DS...I don't know...maybe.

As for my Imperial toons, it is no question they will remain loyal to the Empire. I'm happy the old feud is finally back!

Edited by Dylinrae

Elara is going to die so many times on my account lol. I can't see allying with the Republic...with any of my toons. :eek::D

Strange, I see myself going republic with most of my toons aside from the Inquisitor and Smuggler (Her logic being the Empire profits the Underworld more :D).

And if Elara dies? She dies as a badarse

oh

so that was the clip

:D :D :D

On one hand, YAY. Whew, Quinn's voice... o.O It got...deeper? On the other hand, *facepalm*

Quinn: *backing away even faster now* ohdear

I was initially worried. "Wait...that's the default option!? We don't get a choice?" But then I listened VEEEERY closely and heard the little 'clik' of selecting a dialogue option. They just didn't show the dialogue wheel. Whew...

It's near the end!

I hope I didn't miss you before you slowly go through the whole thing :o

Haha, thanks :D

I went very quickly, clicking around every two - five minutes or so, and then finally just skipped to the very end because that's when they've shown previous story clips.

Pfft, non-force users beat Arcann by bashing him in the face with a shield fist bump of electric doom AND THEN deliver a swift kick to the happy sacks. AS EVERY FIGHT SHOULD GO!

I just got chills watching that ♡♡♡

Never heard those voice lines before

oh man, so many more posts.

Yay for the clip! And you all can take it however you want, but I take them showing the threatening footage as the best option. Most of us here don't want any spoilers on the dramatic lovey stuff and most people who ALL CAPS WANT TO KILL QUINN really want to know they can. So, win-win, no brainer. It's not disrespectful.

As an aside, the "potent" comment is sorta weird :confused: