Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

I ask myself this every time I play new content...

Sadly I think most of the devs/writers for this game are anti-Quinns, in other words, they fall in with the bloodthirsty mob of helgramites that only want to kill Quinn for the lulz. There should've been an option to reassign Quinn to another Sith or return him to the military for a new posting if the SW doesn't want her ex around--for both after the Quinncident and after Iokath. Immediately after the Quinncident is the only place where executing him made sense. After that, the ship has sailed. Quinn is an amazing character and deserves to be kept alive in the story. I hope they'll fix it in the future, but I'm 99.9% sure the writers here don't care about Quinn, or us, and would probably wish we'd wander off to a dark corner and impale ourselves on our lightsabers because of our Quinnmancer Quinndom.

Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed your observations, and even more so your screen shots. Especially the last one. ^^

Right? I mean I figured being the warrior you would get him back no matter what. Playing sabateur on this one I felt what a fitting end it would have been having Quinn resign his military service from the empire. Being in a non romantic relationship with him he ends up serving his lost love in the alliance while he/she is romancing another guy/gal, then to realize he is actually working for the republic. Something he never thought would ever happen.

Oh and another thing. Why on earth did they even bring up the Darth Baras thing in the conversation? We rehash this? They was done and overwith. I even forgave him and took him back at that point. I felt awful bringing it up again. My light sided warrior looked so angry and that's not her way. Just lazy writing and an excuse for the killmongers to stab him I guess.

Oh well........I guess so as long the devs keep shoving lana in our face at every opportunity they think everything else is just great. Smh.......

Edited by Darthmoriquendi

What the heck happened to the writing in this game?

Yep, there are hundreds of pages in the Quinn thread (and the other love threads come to think of it) asking just that! I think we all concluded that because bioware hated Quinn, they just assumed everyone else did too. I have all my characters continue their original romances so I'm unaffected by break-ups, however we said years ago there should be an option for Malavai to join your character even if you don't want to continue the romance. Interestingly you can have him join you as a friend and part of your alliance if you are republic but side with Acina and if you're a male/female character who is friends with rather than romanced with him.

Well... one advantage of all of the 7.0 changes and bugs is that I no longer have any desire or motivation to do anything in the game other than play the stories. I have made progress with my Vette clone for that ship. Here is a very awkward screenshot of the big power kiss!

My sub ends in 25 days. I'll still be lurking around and posting on Reddit after that, but my account is pimped out and there is nothing I need a sub for beyond access to all of my alts. I'll re-sub when Bioware gives me a reason to*, or if I need to change up who my active characters are.

*Reasons would include: significant reversing of course, massive bug fixes, high quality story addition that includes non-Lana romance, and not bringing Vaylin back from the dead.

Edited by Damask_Rose

• 6 months later...
22 minutes ago, Sarova said:

Fellow Quinn fans.  I think our beloved thread was broken by the forum update!  It no longer seems to be a "903 page thing of beauty" 😭

I think they are all still here. The new forum displays 25 posts per page instead of 10.  😃

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThanderSnB said:

I think they are all still here. The new forum displays 25 posts per page instead of 10.  😃

Phew!  Seems we have some work to do to get this up to the new version of 903 pages then! 😆

On 10/4/2022 at 8:02 PM, Sarova said:

Phew!  Seems we have some work to do to get this up to the new version of 903 pages then! 😆

Well, time to roll a new Warrior? I haven't played in so long, that maybe it's time to make a lightning-slinging healer Warrior!

7 hours ago, PaxSithari said:

Well, time to roll a new Warrior? I haven't played in so long, that maybe it's time to make a lightning-slinging healer Warrior!

This sounds absolutely mad!  I was thinking of taking a sub break due to lack of story but I'm tempted to do this.

4 hours ago, Sarova said:

This sounds absolutely mad!  I was thinking of taking a sub break due to lack of story but I'm tempted to do this.

Do it! 😁 

I think tonight after work I'll get this going. I need to recreate my favorite abomination's cosplay toon (darn this game's lack of feathered pauldrons!), and now that lightning/healing and Quinn is an option all on 1 toon?!?! 🤩

19 hours ago, PaxSithari said:

I haven't played in so long, that maybe it's time to make a lightning-slinging healer Warrior!

Way ahead of you. And I gave her Jedi healing powers just because I could. Still trying to work out a backstory to explain that...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, eabevella said:

I still hope male Warrior can romance Quinn... guess my new male Warrior will pine for the rest of his life. Speaks of Unlimited Pining (and unlimited tease from Vette)

I'd settle for them updating the Iokath Quinn returns cut scenes to include whatever customisation we chose for pre-Iokath Quinn (I'm sure the Elara Dorne romancers would appreciate the same for her too).  I have a warrior in the <Quinnmancers> on Starforge with this Quinn waiting in her stronghold for years now.

9 hours ago, Sarova said:

I'd settle for them updating the Iokath Quinn returns cut scenes to include whatever customisation we chose for pre-Iokath Quinn (I'm sure the Elara Dorne romancers would appreciate the same for her too).  I have a warrior in the <Quinnmancers> on Starforge with this Quinn waiting in her stronghold for years now.

That black uniform looks so good on Quinn (I also put that uniform dyed in black XD)

How many years has your Quinn've been waiting ;_;

I really hope they update/open the Iokath Quinn reunion romance to both genders.... don't know why they didn't do that...

On 10/14/2022 at 7:50 PM, Tarlonniel said:

Which of the male LIs were made available to male characters when they returned? I heard about some of the gals opening up, but I can't remember hearing about any of the guys.

I don't think any of them have, from the vanilla set. Well, if you want to count Khem, but no clue on that one really. Not 100% sure though, since I mostly play female toons, and haven't even finished KOTFE on my Knight or Agent. Something big like opening them up would have been noted in fan spaces right?

Didn't someone datamine romantic dialog Quinn had with a male Warrior from back in Beta, or was that only a rumor?

On 10/14/2022 at 5:31 AM, Sarova said:

That is a nice look on Quinn! 

BW won't fix any of those bugs will they?  😢 They can't even fix new bugs.

We won't mention the double Quinn deco bug, they can keep that one in.  ☺️

On 10/15/2022 at 7:50 AM, Tarlonniel said:

Which of the male LIs were made available to male characters when they returned? I heard about some of the gals opening up, but I can't remember hearing about any of the guys.

Khem and Scourge for sure.

Male Agent can flirt with Vector once but doesn't progress since that.

6 hours ago, Tarlonniel said:

Khem and Scourge weren't LIs in the base game, though (and Khem is just a single flirt, AFAIK, like Vector - no relationship). It sounds like none of the male base game LIs were made available. Kinda sucks.

Now you mentioned it... lucky me that the only base game male LI I *really* have interest in is Quinn lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2022 at 12:56 AM, Tarlonniel said:

Way ahead of you. And I gave her Jedi healing powers just because I could. Still trying to work out a backstory to explain that...

I stole your idea and created a warrior with ALL THE JEDI POWERS! 🤭 And I'm going to make her über light-sided as well. If only we could switch sides.

• Like 1