Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

Actually I think it’s time for a movie based on the exploits of a female Sith Warrior and Malavai Quinn.

Although Richard Teverson would be a great choice since he has the Quinn voice, I think he may be a little old for the role. So my pick for Quinn would have to be

, and for the Sith Warrior my pick would be the Australian actress,
who played Eowyn in the Lord of the Rings movie.

One English, one Australian. One has a cultivated British accent, the other could easily cultivate the accent.

When isn't Joan Jett angry? :D
Fair enough lol!

The one song that comes to mind for me....

:D

I'll be honest, that's the first time I've listened to more than just the chorus of that song. It's sweet though, you must have some strong feelings~

Actually I think it’s time for a movie based on the exploits of a female Sith Warrior and Malavai Quinn.

Although Richard Teverson would be a great choice since he has the Quinn voice, I think he may be a little old for the role. So my pick for Quinn would have to be

, and for the Sith Warrior my pick would be the Australian actress,
who played Eowyn in the Lord of the Rings movie.

One English, one Australian. One has a cultivated British accent, the other could easily cultivate the accent.

I will grant that James Purefoy is an attractive man, but (as shallow as this is) I really love that Quinn has blue eyes, which sadly Purefoy does not. :c

If we were doing dream casting I would probably have Chris Pine as my #1 pick:

Ref 1

Ref 2

Ref 3

And my second pick would probably be Matthew Macfadyen aka: Mr.Darcy. The facial structure is more off for him, but Quinn is a bit of a Mr.Darcy so it sticks in my head.

Your pick for female warrior seems pretty great, I have no doubt she could pull off the bad assness required. :)

I will grant that James Purefoy is an attractive man, but (as shallow as this is) I really love that Quinn has blue eyes, which sadly Purefoy does not.

Coloured contact lens could easily correct the eye-colour problem.

Chris Pine is certainly good looking, but at 38 he seems too young for Quinn (who is supposedly in his late 40's nudging 50). James Purefoy is 54 going-on 48, and also not many American actors can do a good British accent.

Matthew Macfadyen is closer in age to Quinn but he doesn't have that 'something' that James Purefoy possesses - a kind of refined British devil-may-care look that I see in Quinn's face from time to time.

I had considered contact lenses, but I know that often studios don’t like them because sometimes it interferes with the actor’s ability to give more natural expressions. (This is the reason Daenerys doesn’t have purple eyes in the GoT series). Although... I guess if you’re dream casting getting that specific probably doesn’t matter.

As for age, I don't really worry about the age on paper too much, 1) Quinn certainly doesn’t look particularly old in the game (good genes maybe?) 2) I’ve Always believed he was never intended to come across as that age, especially when you compare his age to the other companions. I have no problem with older men (you might even say I have a thing for them) but I think Quinn’s age likely was just assigned based on the fact that his history mentions the Battle of Druckenwell and so they calculated a number based on whatever date that battle happened. They were written into a corner as it were. Besides considering we’re no longer “canon” anyway, if given the chance to rewrite history I’d be in favor of moving his age to late 30s when you meet.

All that aside I think everyone has good ideas! Also I Love Benedict Cumberbatch @Lunafox! I think I just needed an excuse to look at attractive men. Lol

Edited by Karameck

I posted a copy of the Romance letter (it's the only version of the post-Iokath letters I've received thus far) let me know if you need the link. Just in case you were looking to compile them, I'd be interested to read the friendship version with Vette's passing mentioned if you manage to find it!

I definitely deleted it and just spent about an hour searching for a copy online and I'm not the only one - I found someone else on Reddit also searching for it. I wonder if anyone on here has it? Quinn's Iokath love letter and his "setting in letter" (in which he mentions running into Vette) are both easy to find online. It's so long ago that I got the one when he mentions Vette's death that I can't remember how I got it. It's a pity Iokath isn't replayable as we could get those letters again.

All that aside I think everyone has good ideas! Also I Love Benedict Cumberbatch @Lunafox! I think I just needed an excuse to look at attractive men. Lol

Yay! A fellow Cumberbunny! :D I think he'd be an awesome Quinn :D

And Ben Barnes would be an awesome Vector.

And I reckon Troy Baker could play Theron. :D

Yay! A fellow Cumberbunny! :D I think he'd be an awesome Quinn :D
Oh for sure! I've been a huge fan of Benedict for a while now. I learned of him through Sherlock, but my favorite role of his so far is probably be Khan from Star Trek.

His voice is just so amazing. He's definitely not as soft spoken as Quinn, but he's voice is good enough I might not care. lol

And Ben Barnes would be an awesome Vector.

And I reckon Troy Baker could play Theron. :D

Not familar with Ben Barnes, what's he from?

And Troy Baker I'm sure could manage. lol

He's one of the few Voice actors I feel like actually matches his character.

Oh for sure! I've been a huge fan of Benedict for a while now. I learned of him through Sherlock, but my favorite role of his so far is probably be Khan from Star Trek.

His voice is just so amazing. He's definitely not as soft spoken as Quinn, but he's voice is good enough I might not care. lol

Not familar with Ben Barnes, what's he from?

And Troy Baker I'm sure could manage. lol

He's one of the few Voice actors I feel like actually matches his character.

That's my favorite part for him too, Khan :D Love him so much. I think he'd be awesome.

As for Ben Barnes, he was Prince Caspian in The Chronicles of Narnia and he was also on Westworld as Logan Delos :D And he was also Dorian Gray in the 2009 movie.

I think Troy could quite easily live action Theron Shan :D

Same here, discovered him in Sherlock, loved his as Khan. he's quite good as Doctor Strange too.

As for Ben Barnes, he was Prince Caspian in The Chronicles of Narnia and he was also on Westworld as Logan Delos :D And he was also Dorian Gray in the 2009 movie.

He's also played in the Marvel/Netflix show The Punisher, and was really good in it.

I have to say that I’m really not a fan of Benedict Cumberbatch. I find his look to be too austere for my liking – although he is certainly debonaire, he is in my opinion more Dickensian than dashing. So I’ll stay with James Purefoy and his eyes that promise all manner of delights and a wry heart-melting devil-may-care smile.

After all, what did Valkorion say about Quinn – ah yes, the Smiling Betrayer.

Edited by AureliaSulis

Same here, discovered him in Sherlock, loved his as Khan. he's quite good as Doctor Strange too.

He's also played in the Marvel/Netflix show The Punisher, and was really good in it.

I loved Dr. Strange :D Though I'm almost as much of a fan of his cloak in that lol. It makes me think of 'Carpet' in Aladdin lol.

Love Sherlock as well, but I saw him as Khan first. I'm going to have to check out The Punisher, I haven't see that yet. :D

I have to say that I’m really not a fan of Benedict Cumberbatch. I find his look to be too austere for my liking – although he is certainly debonaire, he is in my opinion more Dickensian than dashing. So I’ll stay with James Purefoy and his eyes that promise all manner of delights and a wry heart-melting devil-may-care smile.

I guess we all have our favs :D Purefoy is interesting and I like him, but he's not Quinn to me.

In the last discussion we had about this I too was completely against Benedict Cumberbatch to play Quinn HOWEVER, after seeing Dr Strange I changed my mind completely. Now I can't stop seeing him as Quinn. I would pick Cumberbatch over Purefoy any day. I can't see James Purefoy as Quinn and nothing will change my mind about that.

I doubt, however, that anyone could beat Richard Teverson for Quinn's voice. It's just perfect. In fact with the right makeover, Richard Teverson would probably be the perfect choice, given Quinn's current age (I think we worked it out that he's now 50-something). Plus Richard Teverson's voice could sell me anything...as is proven by

(any excuse to link it yet again :D).

Clearly we all have our favorite picks, but I think we can all agree that these are some attractive men being referenced! I think everyone wins when we get to link pictures of sexy actors. ;)

On another note, you guys seem like a resourceful bunch and I was going to ask for some help if anyone feels so inclined. I've been trying to get back into drawing and I've been using Quinn as my model for most of the pictures (I'm specifically focusing on trying to be consistent in style so I wanted to maintain a single model for the different poses). I was curious if anyone would be interesting in linking some good romantic poses for reference? I've done several solo images and was going to work on more advanced images.

I was specifically hoping for images that feature two people (ideally male/female) in a romantic pose, but with a focus on the male. Ideally poses that make sense for the dynamic shown between the SW and Quinn.

Obviously I'll be happy to share the work effort of any sketches resulting from provided references, but I can't promise I'll draw something for everything posted. Art is a fickle friend and I can't really force it!

Clearly we all have our favorite picks, but I think we can all agree that these are some attractive men being referenced! I think everyone wins when we get to link pictures of sexy actors. ;)

On another note, you guys seem like a resourceful bunch and I was going to ask for some help if anyone feels so inclined. I've been trying to get back into drawing and I've been using Quinn as my model for most of the pictures (I'm specifically focusing on trying to be consistent in style so I wanted to maintain a single model for the different poses). I was curious if anyone would be interesting in linking some good romantic poses for reference? I've done several solo images and was going to work on more advanced images.

I was specifically hoping for images that feature two people (ideally male/female) in a romantic pose, but with a focus on the male. Ideally poses that make sense for the dynamic shown between the SW and Quinn.

Obviously I'll be happy to share the work effort of any sketches resulting from provided references, but I can't promise I'll draw something for everything posted. Art is a fickle friend and I can't really force it!

Not sure what exactly you're looking for, but some ideas here:

http://fav.me/dawpbw8

http://fav.me/daz3x61

http://fav.me/d56au1h

This is about as romantic as I've been able to capture in screenshots...thank goodness for latency and lag which allowed my character to move close enough to take the shots.

Not sure what exactly you're looking for, but some ideas here:

http://fav.me/dawpbw8

http://fav.me/daz3x61

http://fav.me/d56au1h

These are really wonderful, thank you!

@AureliaSulis Thanks for your references as well! :)

As far as what I'm looking for all the linked pictures are great, I mostly just wanted to get a feel for what kind of poses other people found appealing. Normally I'll search romantic poses and just pick something that catches my eye, I was interested to see what caught everyone else's here, or to see if anyone had particular resources they found helpful.

I completed a picture before I started getting all the great reference images y'all linked, I thought I'd go ahead and share it with you guys.

New Pic

And I went ahead and made a DeviantArt page so I wasn't spamming up this thread with my pictures constantly. I only have a couple images up so far, but I'll keep any updated progress on that site for those interested. You can find the link in my signature! :)