Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

So a kinda "fun" question, does anyone have a song they feel matches the relationship with Quinn?

Am I allowed two?

Given that Sul and Quinn

together in battle and...ahem, in other things as well, then this is their song.

Quinn was looking over my shoulder and asked for

to be included as well because he said that it is how he feels about Sul.

I think this one works :D
I think this one does indeed!

I think Quinn's romance is definitely a little dysfunctional and I like that your song captures the darker realities of it.

Since the first time I heard it this song has brought Quinn to mind due to it touching on the complicated points and darker vibes:

Am I allowed two?

Given that Sul and Quinn

together in battle and...ahem, in other things as well, then this is their song.

Quinn was looking over my shoulder and asked for

to be included as well because he said that it is how he feels about Sul.
I see you went for some old school vibes! :rak_03:

I like that everyone had some songs at the ready, the love of Quinn runs deep.

It's the 'Settling In' letter on this page. It could be that only Warriors with no romance with Quinn get it which is a bit of a bugger. It would be great if BioWare wrote up a letter for Warriors who went Republic, who were the Alliance Commander (not Empress) and who romanced Quinn, but given everything else that people are asking of them, I doubt it would be high on their to-do list.

There's also a version of his friendship letter in which Quinn mentions Vette's death. As I've romanced Quinn on all my Warriors I got the love letter on the ones that sided with Acina and I think I got a version of the settling in letter either on my Warrior that sided with Jace Malcolm or my Sorceror who got Quinn as a companion however I can't be sure which as I lost the screenshots somehow.

There's also a version of his friendship letter in which Quinn mentions Vette's death. As I've romanced Quinn on all my Warriors I got the love letter on the ones that sided with Acina and I think I got a version of the settling in letter either on my Warrior that sided with Jace Malcolm or my Sorceror who got Quinn as a companion however I can't be sure which as I lost the screenshots somehow.

It wasn't the Sorcerer. I have him on all my mains of different classes, and only SW got the letter.

Mine is very specific to Nathrrya and Quinn as both have blue eyes.
That's a heavy song. :t_eek: I would say very appropriate though! I think to have a song really fit this relationship it has to acknowledge that there was pain involved.

Hmmm is it bad that knowing the relationship is messed up makes me like it more?

That's a heavy song. :t_eek: I would say very appropriate though! I think to have a song really fit this relationship it has to acknowledge that there was pain involved.

Hmmm is it bad that knowing the relationship is messed up makes me like it more?

I guess it is on the heavy side. But to give Quinn his due he did make it up Nathrrya in the best way possible :)

https://www.deviantart.com/kaanamoonshadow/art/The-Ring-734006065

And no it's not bad.

It wasn't the Sorcerer. I have him on all my mains of different classes, and only SW got the letter.

Thanks - I knew someone would know. It's odd that my romanced warrior got a friendship letter. Was this back when all the letter malarky happened when Iokath was first released and everything was messed up (people not getting Quinn or Dorne as companions, letters not arriving etc)? I distinctly remember in one letter he said he was sorry to hear about Vette's passing, which I remember thinking was odd for me as my Quinns always found her to be little more than an irritant. I may have to level more warriors to run through Iokath in different ways to see what letter comes after.

Didn't we have a discussion about Quinn's Iokath letters way back several hundred pages ago? This thread is soooooo big now - I may get round to looking as I may have linked a screenshot of the letters I got.

Thanks - I knew someone would know. It's odd that my romanced warrior got a friendship letter. Was this back when all the letter malarky happened when Iokath was first released and everything was messed up (people not getting Quinn or Dorne as companions, letters not arriving etc)? I distinctly remember in one letter he said he was sorry to hear about Vette's passing, which I remember thinking was odd for me as my Quinns always found her to be little more than an irritant. I may have to level more warriors to run through Iokath in different ways to see what letter comes after.

Didn't we have a discussion about Quinn's Iokath letters way back several hundred pages ago? This thread is soooooo big now - I may get round to looking as I may have linked a screenshot of the letters I got.

I posted a copy of the Romance letter (it's the only version of the post-Iokath letters I've received thus far) let me know if you need the link. Just in case you were looking to compile them, I'd be interested to read the friendship version with Vette's passing mentioned if you manage to find it!

I don't think so, it's a good romance.

But i may be a bit biased as the traitor arc is what made me try out the Theron romance on my JK in the first place as she's my main Outlander and I thought that this apparent treason made it much more personnal and way better if the two were in love, while i first thought they'd just be friend and she'd end up with Arcann (which can be quite a messed up relationship too).

Well if you look at it there are a lot of messed up romances in this game :

You can more or less take advantage of Nadia or she kind of forces you into that romance if you're trying to not be a jerk.

You can hunt Jaesa for something like one year even killing everyone she cares about and then start a romance with her.

Keep Vette as a personnal slave and torture her, but once you remove the collar she magically starts to like you. Ashara is kind of similar except for the collar part, but well you don't need the collar to shock her anyways.

Harass Dorne while you're her superior.

You can be a total jerk to Corso and flirt or more than that with every man you talk to in front of him and he still stays there. (I kind of feel bad for doing that to him with my smuggler actually).

As with Arcann you try to kill each other on several occasions.

So i don't think Quinn is worse than anything else actually.

Edited by Goreshaga

I don't think so, it's a good romance.

But i may be a bit biased as the traitor arc is what made me try out the Theron romance on my JK in the first place as she's my main Outlander and I thought that this apparent treason made it much more personnal and way better if the two were in love, while i first thought they'd just be friend and she'd end up with Arcann (which can be quite a messed up relationship too).

Well if you look at it there are a lot of messed up romances in this game :

You can more or less take advantage of Nadia or she kind of forces you into that romance if you're trying to not be a jerk.

You can hunt Jaesa for something like one year even killing everyone she cares about and then start a romance with her.

Keep Vette as a personnal slave and torture her, but once you remove the collar she magically starts to like you. Ashara is kind of similar except for the collar part, but well you don't need the collar to shock her anyways.

Harass Dorne while you're her superior.

You can be a total jerk to Corso and flirt or more than that with every man you talk to in front of him and he still stays there. (I kind of feel bad for doing that to him with my smuggler actually).

As with Arcann you try to kill each other on several occasions.

So i don't think Quinn is worse than anything else actually.

Yeah I guess i don't really have an issue with it being bad on it's own, because I mean... we live in a messed up galaxy and especially Sith side you have to assume you'll have some warped relationships considering you're basically trained to be a crazy impulsive murder machine.

I guess I was more remarking on what it might say about me as a person that I find the betrayal incredibly exciting. Just from a story perspective it really drew me in. While it undoubtedly is bad from a viewpoint of a healthy relationship, I find Quinn's dedication to his beliefs and willingness to act decisively on it's own incredibly attractive; even if those attributes are used to such destructive ends.

Thanks! And of course I will. <3

I don't have a very good tablet to work with right now, but I do want to try and get it colored and cleaned up.

Good tablet or not, I hope you'll finish it. There isn't enough lovely Quinn art out there in the world. We're lucky to have some really talented people in this thread who share their work, and it's wonderful to have more. :)

Yeah I guess i don't really have an issue with it being bad on it's own, because I mean... we live in a messed up galaxy and especially Sith side you have to assume you'll have some warped relationships considering you're basically trained to be a crazy impulsive murder machine.

I guess I was more remarking on what it might say about me as a person that I find the betrayal incredibly exciting. Just from a story perspective it really drew me in. While it undoubtedly is bad from a viewpoint of a healthy relationship, I find Quinn's dedication to his beliefs and willingness to act decisively on it's own incredibly attractive; even if those attributes are used to such destructive ends.

Well i don't know what it says about me as a person that Theron's "betrayal" is what made me romance him on my JK, i guess that's similar, i found it to be good storywise for that particular character, and i think it's quite the same for the Quinn romance.

While Quinn is not my main SW's LI for the very sad reason that said SW is a male and that unfortunately i can't romance Quinn on a male SW (which is sad because i don't like Jaesa or Vette as romance options), i really like him as a character, and he's quite similar to my SW in that he is loyal to the bone, which put them both in very bad situations actually, but this is what saved Quinn when he went up against my SW, he realised that he would have done the same if he had been in Quinn's shoes (well, he had done the same with Tremel).

Well i don't know what it says about me as a person that Theron's "betrayal" is what made me romance him on my JK, i guess that's similar, i found it to be good storywise for that particular character, and i think it's quite the same for the Quinn romance.

While Quinn is not my main SW's LI for the very sad reason that said SW is a male and that unfortunately i can't romance Quinn on a male SW (which is sad because i don't like Jaesa or Vette as romance options), i really like him as a character, and he's quite similar to my SW in that he is loyal to the bone, which put them both in very bad situations actually, but this is what saved Quinn when he went up against my SW, he realised that he would have done the same if he had been in Quinn's shoes (well, he had done the same with Tremel).

Maybe we could chalk it up to the intrigue. It is a fantasy after all, I guess I like my fantasies to be exciting. The worst romance I've experienced in game thus far was Felix Iresso. It was just so.... bland. There was nothing interesting there for me personally.

To the second point, I totally agree. In character my SW is LS and very pro-empire. Ultimately if she believed that her actions were required to serve that higher purpose, she would probably do the same. Now when you factor in that just on raw power she could accomplish things on her own, she would be more inclined to break the system if she felt it didn't fit ultimately serve what she saw as being best (she views the Empire as needing reform, but worth saving). But Quinn being a non-force user is restricted to more limited means and has to rely on the system, understanding that it's hard to fault him from my character's point of view.