So we're getting a new operation....but you're unlocking each boss during the year?

DarthWoad

Abuse?!?! lol of dear...

No one is being forced to play. I think your post sums up perfectly the mentality of the people complaining all over the forums. I'm done, reading this sort of bs just broke something in me. No more forums for me.

Still waiting for you to provide proof, dear. :rak_03:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a prog-raider, this carrot/stick will not entice me to remain. The damage is done. We are currently 25 months (almost 26) removed from the previous most recent raid. The promise was to never go 14 months again without a new one.

Subbed over 5 years.

Spent over $10,000USD on CM

I'm out on 18 Feb 17.

Guys, i dont get the fuzz, just do what they do, lets all unsub and then, sub for 1 month when boss comes out and unsub right away. We repeat this for every boss and this way BIoware will only get "paid" for the month in which the boss came out!

Simple as that!

Even better, just unsubscribe until the whole operation has dropped. That will mean you get a less buggy experience overall (hopefully) and will additionally not reward EAWare for their terrible drip feed of content.

Even better, just unsubscribe until the whole operation has dropped. That will mean you get a less buggy experience overall (hopefully) and will additionally not reward EAWare for their terrible drip feed of content.

Yup, if everyone would follow this then Bioware would have a deserted game till ops drops and they would receive their lesson in providing game content.

However, this will never happen :(

I'm definetly not extending my sub just for one boss and hoping they change cxp drastically. It this point this game is just any other grind mmo with huge rng element.

I could check back around end of year 2017 if this game is still alive and have healthy community left.

Pretty sure it was mentioned there was a side story to the "operation" so solo players wouldn't be locked out.

My point in relation to your question is if there is a side story then it's more likely each part will have a bit of story and trash etc. as we expect heading into each encounter.

Being solo op bosses hopefully more akin to heading into SnV / TFB than DP where it was pretty much boss to boss ( which is great for a full op but not split out singley like this ). Also if you are reading designers don't be afraid to put a puzzle heading into the boss ( like DF before Draxus and people found easy ways around it ) - good way to lengthen out the single encounter.

Solo players have been addressed - enough - in the last 2 years. This still does not clarify if this is going to be just 5 bosses ALA Ziost, or if we are going to get something like SnV. This also does not clarify if they will all be connected in the end, or if we will have to queue seperately for every single boss. I tried askng the question, but got ignored considering the massive amount of "OPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" and "BEHEMOTHTTHHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTH" spam going on.

They made it very clear... the first boss of 5 will be on PTS in about two weeks, with a view to launch into live in about 8 weeks. After that, the second boss will be introduced along with the HM (now, it wasn't clear if it was HM for all from then on, or one at a time). The cadence of the further bosses is not known... some seem to think it will be spread over the rest of the year... myself, I reckon they will pop them out as they are ready, hopefully quicker than 1 every 3 months.

That still doesnt explain whether or not we are getting 5 ziost style bosses, with no story whatsoever, or if we are getting something like SnV and then as the other parts are released we get to progress further into the op itself.

How many MMO'S comes out with 10 bosses a year and release them for free with a paid sub?

Several things:

• It's five bosses, not ten.
  • BW is saying they want to get it done in a year, but have only committed to the first two bosses. Don't get your hopes up.
  • If you have a paid subscription, no content is free. You are paying for it. This is what almost every other MMO with a sub understands. That you pay a sub fee for REGULAR CONTENT UPDATES.

Finally, you do not want an answer for how many companies provide raid updates for your sub fee. It will make SWTOR look even worse than it already does.

Edited by Wayshuba

That still doesnt explain whether or not we are getting 5 ziost style bosses, with no story whatsoever, or if we are getting something like SnV and then as the other parts are released we get to progress further into the op itself.

My bet, is is going to be just like EC but with Op bosses.

Do you really have to complain so much without thinking it through first?

They clearly realized they had erred in neglecting operation style content but don't have the means to just whip an operation out in a few months. So they figure this style of mini operations is a good compromise to getting content to us quicker than having us wait all bloody year just for an operation or 2.

Unless you have some magic coding machine that just whips out operations at the whim of the community I suggest you put more thought into the entire process before going off on a rant like this.

Wow...damage control much?

Not sure about a magic coding machine, but hiring new developers and listening to community feedback (feedback asking for new ops over a 2 year period) will be a good start to get out an operation in a month or two :)

Can't tell if serious ...

No he's not serious, its called sarcasm.

This game is massively lacking regular multiplayer content updates...people are getting bored of it, people are leaving. One daily area and one boss in an operation isn't going to bring new people in or keep them playing.

No he's not serious, its called sarcasm.

This game is massively lacking regular multiplayer content updates...people are getting bored of it, people are leaving. One daily area and one boss in an operation isn't going to bring new people in or keep them playing.

Exactly. If they expect people to pay a sub for end game, then they better DAMNED well get off their rear ends and start using FF14 as an example. Because I, and quite a few from my guild are going there if this doesnt improve here. At least THERE they use our sub money for actual content and not rng boxes.

Edited by mmmbuddah

I really am starting to think thats the only way this entire fiasco needs to go.

1 boss we might get in 2 months. Four more by the end of 2017.

1 daily area with one rep grind.

I've seen inept design and development in gaming but man this is taking the cake. Thank goodness it's got SW attached to it because otherwise I can't imagine anyone would back this kind of work.

SNIP....

Unless you have some magic coding machine that just whips out operations at the whim of the community I suggest you put more thought into the entire process before going off on a rant like this.

We call them competent employees with a smarter business model in play. Doesn't have to be magic, just talented hires.

If something like FF14 can crank out 8 raids, bw should be able to do more than one a year or better yet, more than one entire raid in 3 years.

Edited by Quraswren

Ah right, I forgot - you're the serial complainer.

Luckily for BWA they would know by now no matter what they do you will continue to pay them money ( and have almost admitted as such in the past when quizzed on why you pay if so much seems so negative to you ) so I am fairly certain that aren't overly interested in your opinion anymore.

I'm not a complainer, I'm a realist. I simply tell it like it is without the emotional attachment to the game or the company that others seem to have - that doesn't mean I don't get emotional at times, but my opinions are not formed out of anything other than realism. If you can't handle that, it's on you, not me.

And yes I'll continue to pay...I enjoy the game. Do you have an issue with that or are you just trying to make it personal in any way you can?

Exactly right DW!

Why is that people take news and misconstrue it into some negative thing.

The same way people can take news and paint a rosy picture?

I like operations, so news of a new operation is good, so don't get me wrong. But given the fact that its been over 2 years since we've had a new operation, I think they've had more than enough to time to work up a full operation. I see it as a scramble. They're giving us one boss because that is all they have.

Some will see it as positive, some will see it as a negative. I'm pretty mixed. Glad we're getting a new op, but I shake my head at their execution

Wow... informative..

I literally just started with FF 14, and I am maxbe 5 minutes in and am ALREADY ultra impressed. Yeah they dont have voice acting, but at least the game is available in more than 3 languages. Not to mention 6 million subscribers, and datacenters in the EU, US and JAPAN.

Edited by mmmbuddah

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.