The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

25th consecutive crate and not a single piece of purple gear

Decidion

Not a single piece of purple gear after 25 command levels, no wonder people are leaving the game in droves. This whole RNG thing was the worst idea I have ever seen in a game and I've been playing online games since AOL's original NeverWinter Nights back in 1991.

And no, I dont want to pvp and since my guild does do ops regularly (and pugging ops is waaaay too frustrating), my only recourse is these stupid RNG crates where I haven't got jack. Time to move on...and no you guys dont want my junk, cause thats all the game has given me, is junk.

Maybe I dont need purple gear to do solo content, but after you have done all the solo content, it's really the only goal left in the game.

Beyond frustrated, good luck with your game BioWare. You're going to need it.

Kid Lee, a SWTOR recognized Community Contributor, posted a YT video with a couple of great ideas on how to fix the GC crate system. I am sure someone at BioWare had to have seen this video, so why they chose to ignore this awesome solution, I cant imagine. Unless their goal is to truly run the game into the ground.

I can say I went 30 some levels before seeing a piece then like 6 straight. All different and so well I am sitting good in my 230 set, still need main hand and off hand but come on that ain't bad, I can craft easy 228s for both of those.

Still a bud hit 181 and get a teir 3 piece right off. That sounds great until I mention it was a helm. Which again sounds ok until I point out he has eight other sets pieces so far....every single one a helm......yeah sometimes rng just jumps up and bites you on the backside.

Rng isn't good because it isn't close to fair. He has 181 command ranks and my main has 48. I have a full set of gear he has .... a helm.....

Sure we can craft missing pieces but I have a full 6 set bonus and he has....a helm......he put in the work, the effort the time and has less to show for it. That isn't fun for him, and it isn't fun because it will happen to one of my alts too, and likely one of yours.

Ditch rng now, lets make this game worth playing again.

Edited by Sargrith