The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware, tonight's stream is your last chance.

NogueiraA

1 - Bring back bolster as it was before 5.1 (you really killed my motivation to play)

2 - Reduce the grind lowering the costs to get gear using Components

3 - Remove the SHELL needed to buy T2 gear using Components, many of us sold the old shells and now we're screwed. If it was cheap like 4.0 when you reduced Wz commendation costs i'd never complain. But this time I have to deal with RNG again to get those shells.

4 - Bring back Shae Vizla customization.

5 - Make Components LEGACY, so this game becomes alt friendly again.

6 - I think this is asking too much but make Command rank legacy, this would finish many many complains from the playerbase.

5 years sub to a game that now is just RNG + Mindless grind, it's not fun anymore.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree 100%.

All I do now is PvP on one character. 5.1 changed nothing. Before 5.0, I was a raider who occasionally did PvP, GSF, dailies. Most importantly, I was constantly switching between alts so it never got boring even with the lack of new end game content. 5.0 destroyed all of that.

I have 2 suggestions:

1) make changes in such a way that a player that spends 3-4 hours a day playing can gear at least 8 alts in a year. Reduce the grind or enhance the drop chances. Make it possible that when a player reaches gc lvl 90 he could choose to stay in that tier until he has a full tier I set. Same thing for tier II. Put a fail-safe in place that you don't get doubles. Whatever. But if I play 8 alts (one each class, although there are ppl with 30 alts or more) I should be able to equip them (at least at the maximum level that can be achieved WITHOUT OPS*, 240) until the next expansion. Right now I can do that through luck, money (crafted items) or pvp components. All of these options would take more, much more than a year for 8 alts.

2) make all group content available for single player, even if it would be rewarded with decorations only. That would make player at least see basic mechanics without feeling guilty that they are making an entire group drag and/or wipe. Works fine for many flashpoints, I can't see any reason not to work for uprisings or even ops. And also, would give a LOT of content to soloplayers to sub for.

* - I make the distinction since ops I don't do and I don't care about. BUT I do think that the effort of grouping with other players and putting up with them and their nonsense for a couple of hours should be rewarded extra somehow.

I already unsubed. Please, please, make me sub again!!

1 - Bring back bolster as it was before 5.1 (you really killed my motivation to play)

3 - Remove the SHELL needed to buy T2 gear using Components, many of us sold the old shells and now we're screwed. If it was cheap like 4.0 when you reduced Wz commendation costs i'd never complain. But this time I have to deal with RNG again to get those shells.

6 - I think this is asking too much but make Command rank legacy, this would finish many many complains from the playerbase.

5 years sub to a game that now is just RNG + Mindless grind, it's not fun anymore.

1 - the bolster is intentional - already adressed by musco.

2 - agreed in the reduction of grind..its way to much

3 - minor detail - it was like that before, but the fact the grind is big it sucks

4 - hardly a decision to save the game - feels more like to please a few ones.

5 - i agree

6 - i agree

but to actually would save this game is to deliver proper content - all this grind system, is even worse to non existing new content.

so no new content (pve and pvp, and no uprisings are not that great imo) is the main issue.

I wonder what's gonna happen if the stream team ends up reinforcing the Excitement™ and the Thrill of the Hunt™. Anyone care to quote my post and say what they're gonna do if that happens? :p

I dunno, the problem is that i like the game regardless. Still, I only miss gsf achievements which is the main aim right now and i dont need sub for that so i am playing with the idea of not buying another time card in 14 days when sub expires.

1 - the bolster is intentional - already adressed by musco.

2 - agreed in the reduction of grind..its way to much

3 - minor detail - it was like that before, but the fact the grind is big it sucks

4 - hardly a decision to save the game - feels more like to please a few ones.

5 - i agree

6 - i agree

but to actually would save this game is to deliver proper content - all this grind system, is even worse to non existing new content.

so no new content (pve and pvp, and no uprisings are not that great imo) is the main issue.

That's the part about the gearing system I fail to understand. Why do people care about gear in this game now at all? They have not put any new content in the game that needs better gear for years. If you haven't seen the content before I can understand that but if you have been playing for a while then who cares?

This game isn't worth a sub longer then a month now. It's like dlc content. Go do the chapters then unsub and wait for the next dlc called a expansion and sub for a month again.

That's the part about the gearing system I fail to understand. Why do people care about gear in this game now at all? They have not put any new content in the game that needs better gear for years. If you haven't seen the content before I can understand that but if you have been playing for a while then who cares?

This game isn't worth a sub longer then a month now. It's like dlc content. Go do the chapters then unsub and wait for the next dlc called a expansion and sub for a month again.

I understand where you are coming from, I respect you opinion, however, some of have a deep connection to this game, and a lot of us have lost good fellow raiders and pvp'rs who decided that the devs didn't share this sentiment. Why do I care about gear? It's not so much the gear I care about, it's the hard/nim raiding rewards that we used to get for putting in the time on bosses that our teams were rewarded with, now we are rewarded with some sick disgusting "exciting" RNG.

I agree with the op, if they don't take tonight's live stream on a more serious note, then, i'm afraid of what will happen next to this game.

Removing the galactic command ranks and the current gearing system would be my top priority. But they need to add content for groups and fix PvP now as well. I'm not sure it matters what they promise or say their goals are because they have stated goals before then done nothing to advance them. I recall reading how they wanted to make sure we got our companions back...and then did nothing to do that. So.....they can say many things, they will be judged by what they actually do.

I understand where you are coming from, I respect you opinion, however, some of have a deep connection to this game, and a lot of us have lost good fellow raiders and pvp'rs who decided that the devs didn't share this sentiment. Why do I care about gear? It's not so much the gear I care about, it's the hard/nim raiding rewards that we used to get for putting in the time on bosses that our teams were rewarded with, now we are rewarded with some sick disgusting "exciting" RNG.

I agree with the op, if they don't take tonight's live stream on a more serious note, then, i'm afraid of what will happen next to this game.

That's the part that is the most confusing. How can a game with no new group content have a raiding community? I use to do raids in SWToR but they haven't put any new ones out in years. YEARS. Why would this game have a raiding community?

There's lots of people that want to raid and I get that. I want to do raiding too but this isn't the game for that. It's really just a game to check out the new story. Play it, and drop the game again. Anyone wanting to do pve group content that is new and a challenge is insane at this point to be still playing this game. They have not put in that type of content for YEARS.

I used to NOT care about gear because bolster was working perfectly.

Now that bolster is pure crap, someone full 240 will COMPLETELY wreck a 228/230 player, you can outplay the gear but in most times you gonna lose because of gear disparity.

You are correct this game isnt worth a sub longer than a month anymore.

I for one, don't want to hear laughing, about livestream bingo or they understand about bolster ( at this point, frell gear since I'll have it on one character by next expansion) but this as intended is awesome and if we just give them a chance... NO! :t_frown: No more chances- no, this is the way it's meant to be played and it was just a happy coincidence PvP had become so skilled based but a system that was part of nearly burning this game to the ground at the beginning needs to come back, no, no- frelling hell no.

The sub fee I don't mind- but PvP was well placed- the open world, PvP instance is what I wanted the max level gear for to solo PvP- warzones are skill based games with a team. It's not the same as 190 gear > 204> 208 in more than just the speed of gearing- 190 was viable until you got your first 204 set and you could gear alts much faster.

No jokes, no running away or clinging to stroking your egos- just put Bolster back- on regs at 70 and ranked- you don't even have to admit you screwed up, just do what you did with Heroics- let people keep the credit rewards and leave it be. You can fix it today when you do the maintenance and PvP players will continue to pay you to PvP the same maps with the many alts that make a subscription a necessity... you generally stay out of our board- you posted there. You need us to stay- give us a damned reason.

I see threads like this before every stream in last 3-4 months...

And last patch made enough noise to bring them into the PvP forum- not to mention emergency streams and a neverending attempt to fix what they broke so it is different and has continued to be freefall and they just ticked off a substantial number of subs. So, please go take your 'this is the normal, nothing is wrong' while everything burns and go do something more productive than try and pretend the world is fine.

I for one, don't want to hear laughing, about livestream bingo or they understand about bolster ( at this point, frell gear since I'll have it on one character by next expansion) but this as intended is awesome and if we just give them a chance... NO! :t_frown:

(snip)

No jokes, no running away or clinging to stroking your egos-

(snip)

I don't think they are in touch with the player base enough to know just how angry their stream flippancy makes many people. Or they just don't give a crap.

I predict a stream that is more of the same.

I wonder what's gonna happen if the stream team ends up reinforcing the Excitement™ and the Thrill of the Hunt™. Anyone care to quote my post and say what they're gonna do if that happens? :p

Our concerns will barely be a blurb in the stream tonight. And that blurb will only be about how they are listening, and that they are working on solutions, but just can't announce it yet, so they ask us to please wait for the announcement soon™ etc. It's all a sham at this point! They have no content made, they have no desire to fix things. They are simply stringing us along so they can milk as much money from us as possible, all while laughing.

OP, that isn't even close to enough to get me to stay. As long as the gearing requires anything to do with GC, I'm out. Already removed my payment info and I'm not giving them another nickle until they get rid of it. See my suggestions at http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=911737 for the minimum it will take. Edited by DanNV

Oh God lol, they're going to fawn all over themselves for 5.1. They think they've created a masterpiece.

The level of disconnect they exhibit is comical.

OP, that isn't even close to enough to get me to stay. As long as the gearing requires anything to do with GC, I'm out. Already removed my payment info and I'm not giving them another nickle until they get rid of it. See my suggestions at http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=911737 for the minimum it will take.

We were talking in mumble about this last night - even if they pretend they're making a new Op, this grind will keep everyone away who has already left. They screwed up BIGGLY with 5.0 and they will not recover from it, no matter what they do now.

When is this stream, normally I ignored them, but this one I will be watching in full. And the future of my sub will be decided then. I will not continue to sub if there is no reversal of these ridiculous grind mechanics. And if bolster is not rolled back to where it was.