5.0 and 5.1 are complete failures.

Vektarulz

They are, the 99% of happy players in the game. They are ignoring the 1% forum warriors posting the same thing over and over by the same people.

Oh hello mr i started playing last week and think i know the game and community, please enlighten us how every thing is going great as they lose hundreds of players a week. At the end of the month when no one resubs they will realize they dine goofed. By the way spamming shut in thhe forums is the only way the decs even see it, and they do see it, they just dont care.

Edited by Vektarulz

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh hello mr i started playing last week and think i know the game and community, please enlighten us how every thing is going great as they lose hundreds of players a week. At the end of the month when no one resubs they will realize they dine goofed. By the way spamming shut in thhe forums is the only way the decs even see it, and they do see it, they just dont care.

You are doing the same thing he is. You are saying no one will resub at the end of the month. I been here since before launch and will be still be subbing as I am still having fun.

They are, the 99% of happy players in the game. They are ignoring the 1% forum warriors posting the same thing over and over by the same people.

There is plenty of evidence contrary to your assertion. But you know this because it has all recently been presented in another thread. Yet there is zero evidence to support your assertion. It is a completely fictitious number.

Oh, and of course the EA financial reports and comments on the game don't support your assertion either.

Edited by Wayshuba

EA's own financials and stockholder reports, as have already been pointed out to you, do not support your hyperbolic assertion.

If 99% of the playerbase was happy with the 5.0 changes, there wouldn't have been a mass unsubbing significant enough to make EAWare scramble to do damage control, hold two emergency last minute livestreams, and make significant changes to a system that was only introduced last month. Because if 99% of the players were happy (as you falsely claim), they would have had no reason to make any changes at all; indeed, doing so would have been a very bad idea.

Obviously it's the small minority who are still happy with this game, and not the vast majority. The fact we're down from 100 servers to just a handful--and some of that handful are absolute ghost towns--proves that fact well enough all by itself. And the numbers continue to dwindle by the month.

I agree completely.

For the first time in my 4+ years of playing SWTOR, I can't stand the state the game is in, or the direction it's going. I used to white knight on these forums like a maniac because I loved the game so much. Now it just feels like the devs are deliberately trying to sink the game. Who on earth thought it was a good idea to completely ignore all the content that the player base has been asking for more of for 2+ years, and instead give us a korean grind cash grab and call it "endgame content?" This game went from the most alt-friendly MMO I've played to the least alt-friendly game I've played overnight.

But yeah, the livestream tomorrow is the "final straw" for me. If they don't announce major revisions and/or content updates coming to the game within the next 6 months, I'll happily take my subscription money to a game that deserves it.

You are doing the same thing he is. You are saying no one will resub at the end of the month. I been here since before launch and will be still be subbing as I am still having fun.

I assume you play on either Ebon Hawk or Harbinger, let me explain something to you, Although Harb is the most populated, and ebon hawk Is in second place, both are now Standard size and sometimes light. every other server has less than 500 TOTAL players, right now on Republic fleet, on an east coast server, there is 17 people. Last week, it was 110. Even in the morning. No one should be forced to play on those 2 servers and yet that is exactly what is going on. I know damn well they won't merge again until there's only 10 people on every other server because it took that to happen every other time.

Well not sure though. With galactic command they prolong the time it takes for people to gain gear and every activity can get them the best gear.

Buddy, I am already teir 3 on my main , so i'm not really missing that much in stats. but say I wanted full 242, which I have none of. FIRST I would need 14 legendary teir 2 pieces(no one is this lucky) then I would need 180 unassembled coms per piece. That translates roughly to 36 warzone wins, per piece, 36 times 14.

This isn't a grind, this is hell. By the time anyone did that it would be 6.0 and they tend to make a new gear set by .5 anyway. There is no rationalizing this ****, and yeah if you had a NIGHTMARE<<<< raid guild it wouldn't be quite as bad, but theres only 2 servers that have nightmare guilds, and even those populated servers ate dying and quickly. Not to mention youd need to xfer to the server, join the guild, get in their 8 man group like come on, theres no defending this crap.

Buddy, I am already teir 3 on my main , so i'm not really missing that much in stats. but say I wanted full 242, which I have none of. FIRST I would need 14 legendary teir 2 pieces(no one is this lucky) then I would need 180 unassembled coms per piece. That translates roughly to 36 warzone wins, per piece, 36 times 14.

This isn't a grind, this is hell. By the time anyone did that it would be 6.0 and they tend to make a new gear set by .5 anyway. There is no rationalizing this ****, and yeah if you had a NIGHTMARE<<<< raid guild it wouldn't be quite as bad, but theres only 2 servers that have nightmare guilds, and even those populated servers ate dying and quickly. Not to mention youd need to xfer to the server, join the guild, get in their 8 man group like come on, theres no defending this crap.

Well yea I agree with you. To be honest my sub runs out in a few days, hardly playing.

However many people here are still only angry at the moment. You will unsub for how long, a few months? But then your inner star wars fanboy comes out and if they make a few changes then you will be back. Just as all the other people who condemm Bioware.

Of course the game is going downhill but it'll still be here for the next years.

The grind is too intense.
EXACTLY!!! This is what it boils down to. The grind should be something players don't even notice while playing normally, but here, it's the ONLY reason to play. We didn't get anything new that the game needed in 5.0, instead of real content, they turned gearing into the content...and it's ruined the game for many players, many day-1/beta players even.

5.0 and 5.1 are both complete failures and somebody should be fired over it. RNG gearing didn't work when it only impacted PvP, it was doomed to failure in 5.0 when it impacted everyone. Thinking things would be different when it was even more intense was negligent. EA should really care more about how poorly this game is being managed.

Very well said!!!

EXACTLY!!! This is what it boils down to. The grind should be something players don't even notice while playing normally, but here, it's the ONLY reason to play. We didn't get anything new that the game needed in 5.0, instead of real content, they turned gearing into the content...and it's ruined the game for many players, many day-1/beta players even.

5.0 and 5.1 are both complete failures and somebody should be fired over it. RNG gearing didn't work when it only impacted PvP, it was doomed to failure in 5.0 when it impacted everyone. Thinking things would be different when it was even more intense was negligent. EA should really care more about how poorly this game is being managed.

Idk when you started playing but they had a completely different team working on the game until 2.0 then EA fired almost all of them. Despite Vanillas flaws that team at least created the original framework and concepts that we enjoyed. This new team is money grabbing puppets.

I assume you play on either Ebon Hawk or Harbinger, let me explain something to you, Although Harb is the most populated, and ebon hawk Is in second place, both are now Standard size and sometimes light. every other server has less than 500 TOTAL players, right now on Republic fleet, on an east coast server, there is 17 people. Last week, it was 110. Even in the morning. No one should be forced to play on those 2 servers and yet that is exactly what is going on. I know damn well they won't merge again until there's only 10 people on every other server because it took that to happen every other time.

My point was neither you nor he can say what everyone will do. Is there servers that need to be merged? Yes, mainly the ones was originally pvp. Does that mean them all? No.

No one can say the game is perfect for all players and no one can say all players will unsub, which was my point not the fact some servers need work or that the RNG needs to be done away with. I like the command boxes as it gives people a chance to get gear from how they play the game but the RNG, No.

I had suggested at the beginning they have a vendor that if you got the same piece again, you could take it to a vendor and exchange it for a piece you needed instead of it being useless.

I find myself in the peculiar situation of not being as critical as many others this time.

Now, I firmly believe 5.0 was a bad move and it shouldn't have happened but it did. So now we have 5.1 and there is a different circumstance. I can see my gear progressing again.

Bioware has a tendency to not communicate very well what they're doing. In fact, even when there's something positive to mention they forget to do so. What makes a huge difference in 5.1 that was NOT mentioned as far as I know, is that when bosses do drop unassembled pieces, they drop 2 of them and not just 1. Since the last boss drops are guaranteed and so far one or two additional bosses have dropped pieces, we are getting between 4-6 tokens. That's 5 on average at the moment, which is pretty much what we got in 4.0 minus the priority drops.

It's not as reliable as to which pieces drop. It's an unnecessarily complicated system, although it's easy enough for myself to understand and more importantly, to my own surprise I can live with it. The double drops really made that difference that was missing for me.

I still think it shouldn't have gone this way at all to begin with, but as a compromise I can live with it.

Now I just need some new group content to look forward to and I might actually have longer term plans in this game again. That one is up to you tonight in the livestream BWA. But at least the gearing, though far from ideal, is acceptable for me personally. It could be better, but at least I feel I am working on progressing my characters again and that feeling is very important for me.

But please, for 6.0, just try to come up with something that works and doesn't require jumping through development and communication hoops to bring back to something workable.

Oh and fix PvP please, it's totally boring, a new stronghold would be nice and then we'll see about that new group content later today. Hope it's something good and not something "exciting". I've had enough of that brand of excitement for one expansion.

this hole 4.0 and 5.0 attached expansions ( wich are not even worth to be called DLCs ) are looking like some new dev team jumped in, took all over with less mmo experience than the previous team, and tryed to reproduce some kind of content ( wich was only story that they could handle ).

not knowing anything about what happend in the past. not knowing anything about systems in mmos ( look at the droprates in the ranks for T1-T3-PVP bolster-customization for companions etc pp). dont have a idea what happend in the past with pvp gearing/gaps vs new players vs time spend on. didnt realized that there are more than 1 toon to play/gear and forgotten to play mmos in a flexible way.

and that they didnt mentioned some things in patchnotes is nothing that was surprising us. that happend already now for years. and i still cant believe that they still stick to this bully grindfest wich nobody asked for and loseing rather subs than to remove it. 4.0 was already crap in gearing with highlighted bis gear, but u rather punish now the community with 5.0 gearing. boy this is ridiculus!

and i dont wanna know what will happen if 6.0 hit. resetting the grindfest to zero or expand this with a further increase layer to maybe 450 !

both will kick even more out of this game if that will happen.

remove this rng BS till u can or u will go down with it like u did with 1.0 !

this game was supposed to be for us the customers/fans.

€A if u dont wannt to support this STAR WARS community, like u did with battlefront or swtor, then u dont have to be surprised. mony comes from alone for a good product, but u try to force us to play/pay for nothing.

cant wait for the stream, that will be the final nail in the coffin for me and a lot more in the community.

you overdid it this time far enough, that i cant support it in any means. and i wont buy anything anytime more from €A.

€A- its not in the game !

this hole 4.0 and 5.0 attached expansions ( wich are not even worth to be called DLCs ) are looking like some new dev team jumped in, took all over with less mmo experience than the previous team, and tryed to reproduce some kind of content ( wich was only story that they could handle ).

not knowing anything about what happend in the past. not knowing anything about systems in mmos ( look at the droprates in the ranks for T1-T3-PVP bolster-customization for companions etc pp). dont have a idea what happend in the past with pvp gearing/gaps vs new players vs time spend on. didnt realized that there are more than 1 toon to play/gear and forgotten to play mmos in a flexible way.

and that they didnt mentioned some things in patchnotes is nothing that was surprising us. that happend already now for years. and i still cant believe that they still stick to this bully grindfest wich nobody asked for and loseing rather subs than to remove it. 4.0 was already crap in gearing with highlighted bis gear, but u rather punish now the community with 5.0 gearing. boy this is ridiculus!

and i dont wanna know what will happen if 6.0 hit. resetting the grindfest to zero or expand this with a further increase layer to maybe 450 !

both will kick even more out of this game if that will happen.

remove this rng BS till u can or u will go down with it like u did with 1.0 !

this game was supposed to be for us the customers/fans.

€A if u dont wannt to support this STAR WARS community, like u did with battlefront or swtor, then u dont have to be surprised. mony comes from alone for a good product, but u try to force us to play/pay for nothing.

cant wait for the stream, that will be the final nail in the coffin for me and a lot more in the community.

you overdid it this time far enough, that i cant support it in any means. and i wont buy anything anytime more from €A.

€A- its not in the game !

Here is 4 things that will make me happy.

1. NERF MERCS AND MANDOS

2. MAKE UNASSEMBLED COMS EASIER ATLEAST HALF OF RIGHT NOW.

3. MAKE COMMAND RANK DROP RATES HIGHER

4. MERGE SERVERS UNTIL THERE IS 1 East, 1 West. Or at the very least one of each type, not that it matters anymore

Done, game saved.

Edited by Vektarulz

Well said. And that's the grind you need to gear just ONE of your toons. This after they had an event specifically rewarding people for making up to eight new alts!

Well said. And that's the grind you need to gear just ONE of your toons. This after they had an event specifically rewarding people for making up to eight new alts!

And how many alts need full 242 gear? Honestly speaking. And with some can't you put the mods in legacy gear and mail them? I know you need different gear for tanks, dps, and maybe healer but beyond that?

And how many alts need full 242 gear? Honestly speaking. And with some can't you put the mods in legacy gear and mail them? I know you need different gear for tanks, dps, and maybe healer but beyond that?

Well, I used to play a Commando DPS, COmmando healer (different character) and a Shadow tank with my raid group on one server. Has a commando DPS, Sage DPS (used to be healer) and a Shadow tank on another server. And that's just the ones I played most often. Do the math on that for the grind. That's about 5 years. It's just not worth it, at all.

With my old raid teams, I used to heal, tank, and DPS, depending on what content we were doing and who could or could not make it on any particular day. 2 DPS, 2 heals, 1 tank. That's five characters. Do you know how long I would have to grind just to gear up those raid toons again? Literally years. Probably longer than the game has left at this point.

Why do I say old raid teams? Most of them have quit in the past year first due to lack of content, and now due to the travesty that is Galactic Command.

Edited by AscendingSky

I was told that you can buy good enough gear for SM ops off gtn. Then do the ops to get what you need. They're dropping nicely.

Getting a pickup group for an ops is a pain when most of the raiders have left the game. That said, I've been in 3 already... only loot that dropped was from the final boss, of course, which means 6 of those players left with nothing. Try again. :)

Edited by AscendingSky

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.