Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Way to go punishing PvPers....

Psychopyro

Not to mention they severely knocked down the effect of bolster in warzones, from 250 gear level to 232. So those of us who have lives and haven't been already able to grind up to tier 3 gear are just getting demolished by those who did, and there's literally nothing to be done about it. Every WZ I've been in so far today has been completely one-sided towards tier 3 premades. And since you get 60% fewer components when you lose, that makes the grind for PvPers who don't already have the top tier gear even more miserable, while people who already have tier 3 get 60% more components that they don't need!

It's like every time RNGWare takes a step forward, it takes five steps back immediately afterwards, shafting people even harder.

Oh Yay. On harb the premades were getting super freaking annoying. Stunning people in hypergate (or whatever it's called) on the bloody ramp from the starting point is so darn annoying. They lined up a whole bunch of stealths to keep stunning you the entire way so basically they claimed both pylons. I joined late and people were hanging out at the starting zone. I tried to run to capture our pylon. Stun. Stunned again. Stunned again then 2 maras or juggs showed up to finish me in stun lock. Only match I've ever quit.

Another tactic is to send stealthies in alderaan to the enemy node. Not to capture but to prevent them from capturing. There is ZERO cool down on sleep dart so they just keep sleep darting anyone who gets close. Repeatedly. Somehow they got all 3 nodes and no matter how hard we fought we couldn't get anywhere. We tried communicating and organizing but you'd get 5 of them on you within 30 seconds whatever you did. Blah.

I'm shelving my operative healer or changing her to dps and my squishy sentinel on pvp. I'll give my assassin a go but I may be done with this terrible grind.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This mess really isn't any better for people running ops. Just go back and do the math. Ops players still have to grind GC boxes and BW still intends primary gearing to be GC boxes, not Ops drops or PVP pieces. You've just realized that all there is to 5.1 is smoke and mirrors. There is no real fix for PvP, Ops or alts.

Try out this build.

I find the speed, mobility and CC capabilities help for giving DPSs the slip in PVP.

Thank you for the link, I will try those suggestions, I had specced out of the Whirlwind effecting Utilities but perhaps I will give them a try again. I had also discounted the light saber attack - but rereading it I can see it adding to my survival if I am not getting mauled by multiple dps simultaneously.

The entire system is totally screwed up from the get go. 5.1 isn't a real fix, so don't expect it to be. It's just smoke and mirrors to try to keep people from quitting a little longer.

My second option in this post http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=911737 would solve your problem and get rid of all of the RNG grind stupidity.

Too late for that, half my guild just quit today. They have jobs, families, and lives, and this system punishes us for all 3.

Too late for that, half my guild just quit today. They have jobs, families, and lives, and this system punishes us for all 3.

That has GOT to be their goal. There's no other conceivable reason for them to continue down this path of destruction.

Yea this new system is just going to encourage more scrubs to run premades in the pug queues.

Already happening. Every match I have gotten into today was premades running tier 3 gear. And we get the floor wiped with our hides. I am pretty sure they said they wanted to make it so skill is the key factor to winning in 5,0. Now we are back to gear wins all, even WORSE than before.

This it's so darn painful when you get death marked with a big ol target on your head. There are matches that if your team doesn't have a tank or multiple healers that it's near insta death every time you step into the arena. Soon as you appear. Boom. They all turn to you. If this happens to me multiple matches in a row then I stop pvp for the night as it sucks. I know it's great gaming on their part. They're doing what they need to win but my operative can't handle that many and they just follow me incessantly. Another tactic that smart PvPers will do is lay down an aoe when I try to stealth out. I'm done with my operative healer :p not in 5.1 and not after operative heals were nerfed

I feel your pain. My one hope is that if I can keep myself alive long enough (1 minute plus), that one of my team mates is able to cap a node or take down some other objective while they are chasing me in circles while I heal like crazy.

:rolleyes:

Already happening. Every match I have gotten into today was premades running tier 3 gear. And we get the floor wiped with our hides. I am pretty sure they said they wanted to make it so skill is the key factor to winning in 5,0. Now we are back to gear wins all, even WORSE than before.

EAWare is a bunch of liars and we need to stop falling for their lies. I gave them one more month, I hoped they were actually listening to us when they promised they would make changes to improve things... now that hope is gone. My spirit is just broken. I loved this game, I'm a Founder, I haven't let my sub lapse in 5 years... now I will.

That has GOT to be their goal. There's no other conceivable reason for them to continue down this path of destruction.

That is all I can think of too. I had someone tell me to get gud today and grind harder and that this isnt that bad because in japanese mmos you ahve to grind for years to get the best stuff.

Clearly the benchmark should be games where people die of malnutrition because they played for too long. :rak_03:

EAWare is a bunch of liars and we need to stop falling for their lies. I gave them one more month, I hoped they were actually listening to us when they promised they would make changes to improve things... now that hope is gone. My spirit is just broken. I loved this game, I'm a Founder, I haven't let my sub lapse in 5 years... now I will.

I came back and was kinda happy with 5,0. How it simplified things. But now I am so gone. I am not giving another cent to them with **** like this.

Please tell us which war zones require you to die to complete them. dying in a raid is no more unusual than dying in a wz. People die in both gameplay options, the op was calling for the random drop from ops to be further nerfed. In an op, you are competing against 7 other players for that drop. who are you competing against in a wz for the reward at the end?

I do think we need to avoid calling for nerfs to either gameplay style just to keep the other one happy.

Not asking for it to be nerfed. I'm saying PvPers got screwed again... OPS players should NOT be able to upgrade to a PvP piece from an OPS piece. They promised it'd be locked to valor, which appears they lied....

Right now a player can go into an OP, get a tier 2 piece. Do the WZs to get enough components to upgrade to tier 3. Having completely ignored tier 1 AND tier 3 to get that piece. Yet a pure PvP player will have to grind 1 2 and 3... You don't see a problem with that?

the patch notes say there is one

if it isnt there it is a bug

I know what it says... It's not there... Just used a character that had no valor and was able to interact with the vendor (at least pub side), none of the tokes have a restriction on valor.

And at this point, even if it is bugged, by the time they fix it the damage will be done. People have been running ops groups ALL DAY already to do this. It's only gonna get worse when prime time hits.

This is a mistake they can't fix now. Or if they do, they are gonna piss a lot of people off.

I know what it says... It's not there... Just used a character that had no valor and was able to interact with the vendor (at least pub side), none of the tokes have a restriction on valor.

There's no valor requirement because the GSF folks also earn command fragments. With a higher yield for both wins and losses than ground PvP.

And at this point, even if it is bugged, by the time they fix it the damage will be done. People have been running ops groups ALL DAY already to do this. It's only gonna get worse when prime time hits.

This is a mistake they can't fix now. Or if they do, they are gonna piss a lot of people off.

I think we are passed that point.

I think we are passed that point.

Yes, yes we are...

There's no valor requirement because the GSF folks also earn command fragments. With a higher yield for both wins and losses than ground PvP.

I suspect that this is why the requirement was not on the vendor or the pieces as well. Which is hence why I'm reluctant to actually call it a bug. I think it was something that should have been removed from the patch notes and was not...

The problem is, they did not think this thru. It's the same song and dance as usual and the community gets screwed in the process. In this case PvP only players get screwed. And I feel for them at this point. There are people that just cannot stand OPS. I get it. I have those days myself. I get the OPS players who can't stand PvP..

But now we are back to the point at launch where there was no expertise. He who has the best gear reigns supreme, and those that don't are forced to slog it. I'd argue it's actually WORSE then launch at this point. It's why gear was separated. I could run the whole circle, but people who have been here from the start know what I am talking about.

4.0 made the pain bearable, as you could get a whole set of entry tier PvP gear in a couple days. And the difference between the sets was marginal. But the difference between low and high is big at this point. And there is no relief to the grind at this point, just lots of pain.

If that is the case, then you are right, and dont expect a hot patch. they only do those for cartel problems. a valor restriction would have been fine, but they cant seem to get even that right.

Not asking for it to be nerfed. I'm saying PvPers got screwed again... OPS players should NOT be able to upgrade to a PvP piece from an OPS piece. They promised it'd be locked to valor, which appears they lied....

Right now a player can go into an OP, get a tier 2 piece. Do the WZs to get enough components to upgrade to tier 3. Having completely ignored tier 1 AND tier 3 to get that piece. Yet a pure PvP player will have to grind 1 2 and 3... You don't see a problem with that?

They are basically trying to force people to play both, if you're only a pvper - too bad, if you're only a pveer - too bad. The best method, is probably grinding sm or hm ops, then converting your gear up with the pvp system. Sucks if you only do one or the other. Apparently, they don't understand a game needs to be well rounded, but that doesn't mean you force every player to be.

They are basically trying to force people to play both.

There was another thread where I pointed out this has been their MO for quite a while. Instead of making content appealing and engaging, they try and railroad people into those content paths.

If content is not run, they need to figure out why, not just shove it down peoples throats. They just refuse to find out WHY people are not partaking in certain content and work to FIX that...

But no... their pride is getting in the way...

So just a FYI it will take 38.4 8-hour days of nothing but warzone wins in order to gear 1 toon in Tier 3. with out any drop from crates. What happen BW to less grindy and alts. You guys have failed us for the last time. We do not find getting gear the new meta wars to be acceptable so we the players will have to vote with our money. Seem the only way this dev dream team will get a clue we play the game to have fun not grind gear for endless hours and to be effective against pvers in pvp we get screwed again. You can take your game and shove it Charles Boyd & Ben Irving.... :mad:

No offense but this is exactly what you "hardcore" players deserve. You people playing pvp all day long like having a no life, trolling others in general chat saying "swtor dying" "story sucks" "going to switch wow" etc and then destroying casual pvp'ers in every map and THEN brag about your K/D ratio.

Now my dear, watch me playing awesome story/pve content with my sorc and my agent.

:rak_01:

No offence and then you are about as offensive as you can get. Talk about trolling.

I'm not sure what you're complaining about ... the gear grind is all one grind now is it not? We do ANY of the activities we can queue for, earning Command Points and eventually getting another Command Crate for the possibility of getting another good gear piece each time. Since PvP gear and PvE gear are the SAME gear now, if anything it's easier to gear up for PvP because all queue'd activities get you a little closer to gearing up completely.

I'm not sure what you're complaining about ... the gear grind is all one grind now is it not? We do ANY of the activities we can queue for, earning Command Points and eventually getting another Command Crate for the possibility of getting another good gear piece each time. Since PvP gear and PvE gear are the SAME gear now, if anything it's easier to gear up for PvP because all queue'd activities get you a little closer to gearing up completely.

Another non pvper adding their 2 cents and don't know what the issue is for dedicated pvpers.

Would I be right in guessing you are a story player who does little or no group content on a regular basis?

The entire system is totally screwed up from the get go. 5.1 isn't a real fix, so don't expect it to be. It's just smoke and mirrors to try to keep people from quitting a little longer.

My second option in this post http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=911737 would solve your problem and get rid of all of the RNG grind stupidity.

5.1 is just a poorly thought out band aid that leaves us even more agitated because it was only one step in a mile long course to fix this game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.