Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Dear BW. Are you going to start paying ME to play the game?

mmmbuddah

I've got to disagree.

I've been PVPing and optimized 228s have been serving me pretty well so far on my CRank 0 characters. However, somethings happened to the bolster this patch... so I'll have to get back to you on that.

Bolster dropped significantly, and it's having a big impact. If you don't already have tier 3 gear, all you are is a way for the people who do have tier 3 gear to pad their kill count. This would be fine if we were talking ranked, but this is normal PvP. Losing every match means you only get 2 components instead of 5, which makes the people who actually need to upgrade their gear get fewer components than the people who already have the tier 3 gear! How does that make any kriffing sense, EAWare?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolster dropped significantly, and it's having a big impact. If you don't already have tier 3 gear, all you are is a way for the people who do have tier 3 gear to pad their kill count. This would be fine if we were talking ranked, but this is normal PvP. Losing every match means you only get 2 components instead of 5, which makes the people who actually need to upgrade their gear get fewer components than the people who already have the tier 3 gear! How does that make any kriffing sense, EAWare?

Yep BW pulled the surprise double shocker thought it was only 1 in the stink they slipped in 2 and a fist with the bolster changes.

They should've left bolster alone, this system is bad enough as is, but making it worse for any non hard core player, new players: play the story then leave, returning players just bounce, casuals good luck. Thank you Eric for being a super community manager and relaying what the community really wanted, much appreciated.

Yep BW pulled the surprise double shocker thought it was only 1 in the stink they slipped in 2 and a fist with the bolster changes.

They should've left bolster alone, this system is bad enough as is, but making it worse for any non hard core player, new players: play the story then leave, returning players just bounce, casuals good luck. Thank you Eric for being a super community manager and relaying what the community really wanted, much appreciated.

Yeah, I dont even want to know what it is going to be like going in as a new player after the 65 bracket. I mean the pops ALREADY have turned into nothing as far as I can tell for lowbies, midbies, and top level.

Seriously though, why on earth should you have to use currency to buy currency to buy gear? That is just ..........ridiculously bad design.

Some math (just for tier 1 as my brain doesn't even want to consider tier 2 or tier 3):

1290 components are required for a full set of tier 1.

Assuming a 50% regular unranked warzone win percentage ==> (5 + 2) / 2 = 3.5 components per warzone

1290 / 3.5 = ~369 regular warzones to get tier 1......*passes out*

Assuming a casual dude such as myself runs 5 warzones per day ==> 369 / 5 = 73.8 days to get tier 1

So I followed up on this...didn't read past this to see if anyone else had...but once tier 1 is complete it will be another 486 matches and once tier 2 is complete another 730 matches!!!

Freaking insane!!! In total that is 1585 total matches and assuming the 5 matches per day that puts you at 317 DAYS!!! That is roughly 10.5 MONTHS!!!

So yeah.......... this is just a pisstake

Correct me if i'm wrong, but you won't need 1290 because you are more than likely going to get pieces from your crates as you level up.

Also, won't you be into tier 2 before you finish 369 warzones? Especially if you're doing any other activity in the game which awards cxp, which most people do.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but you won't need 1290 because you are more than likely going to get pieces from your crates as you level up.

Also, won't you be into tier 2 before you finish 369 warzones? Especially if you're doing any other activity in the game which awards cxp, which most people do.

My highest character is level 54... I have 2 pieces....

I have 4 in the mid 20s, only 1 of them has a set piece.

You could always not grind and just enjoy the content that you like.

Unless you do PVP and don't enjoy getting ROFLstomped for months trying to get gear to be competative. Unless you raid and need gear to progress to harder raids.

THis "fix" is no fix, it's just smoke and mirrors. BW does not want to reduce the grind. They want you to accept it and keep paying them $15 a month to do it. Whether you do or not is your choice, but many of us have told them "not a chance."

Well, I am not used to gear with pug. I always wanted to make things easier that's one of the reasons why you join a guild. To gear up faster. If you are in competitive guild, gearing to full 242 in 5.1 patch will take no longer than a few weeks (to gear up the whole ops group, not just you, playing like 2-3 times a week, 2-3 hours each). If you don't have a guild, oh well, that's your problem.

No, it won't even if you run every Op in a week with the same 8 people you still only will have 25% chance of getting gear drop at end (since only 2 of you per week can get the drop) and some Ops will need to be run twice (for implants and relics). With that being said, unless you go immediately into NiM mode, and completely skip T2 (which based on the new tunings seems like you will need T2 to even tackle NiM mode), you are still talking a minimum of eight weeks.

There is no way around it with the limited boss drops and raid locks.

Whine whine whine whine ...... and some cheese ... lol at all the cry babies who want their gear NOW! and not a second more ... lol

Dude, taking time for new gear isn't an issue - IF THERE IS NEW CONTENT TO NEED THE GEAR FOR. Instead, we have had the gear reset TWICE for the same old content as we could do with BiS 3.0 gear.

It should be faster gearing if it is only about getting to the same dang content you have done for two years. You add slower gearing and grind, like every other MMO, for NEW content.... which we haven't had in over two years.

With 3.0 you ground out the gear so you could take on the newest Op boss - REVAN

With 4.0 you gorund out the gear so you could take on the newest Op boss - REVAN

With 5.0, they expect to have an even longer grind to take on the newest Op boss - REVAN

See the BIG problem? You are expected to grind out the gear THREE TIMES NOW, to take on the same newest Op boss you took on for two years. I don't think that is fast, or wanting it now, in any extent. In fact, I would say SWTOR raiders have proven to be the MOST patient with gearing in the entire MMO universe.

Edited by Wayshuba

No, it won't even if you run every Op in a week with the same 8 people you still only will have 25% chance of getting gear drop at end (since only 2 of you per week can get the drop) and some Ops will need to be run twice (for implants and relics). With that being said, unless you go immediately into NiM mode, and completely skip T2 (which based on the new tunings seems like you will need T2 to even tackle NiM mode), you are still talking a minimum of eight weeks.

There is no way around it with the limited boss drops and raid locks.

Actually no... With alts and proper planning, a group of 8 could get their full set in a couple days... People have already planned it out and are doing it right now... HM OPS are not tuned too hard for these groups. And the drops have been pretty good... Just finished 2 OPS today (mind you they were GF), but Rav dropped 6 pieces, and SnV dropped 4 pieces... I've yet to hear anyone say their OP dropped only on the last boss... I'm sure it has probably happened, but it does not seem to be widespread yet.

Whine whine whine whine ...... and some cheese ... lol at all the cry babies who want their gear NOW! and not a second more ... lol

Literally no one is asking for all their BiS gear NOW, kid. Take your ratty, overused and abused straw man and get out of here, the adults are talking. :D

Actually no... With alts and proper planning, a group of 8 could get their full set in a couple days... People have already planned it out and are doing it right now... HM OPS are not tuned too hard for these groups. And the drops have been pretty good... Just finished 2 OPS today (mind you they were GF), but Rav dropped 6 pieces, and SnV dropped 4 pieces... I've yet to hear anyone say their OP dropped only on the last boss... I'm sure it has probably happened, but it does not seem to be widespread yet.

So the tokens and/or gear are not Bind on Pickup/Equip?

So the tokens and/or gear are not Bind on Pickup/Equip?

The tokens are BoP. The gear is BoP. However, you can send the guts to an alt via legacy gear. It may be a pain in the butt to keep track of, but really with this convoluted system, can you blame them?

As far as implants, relics, and ears... So far it appears Crafted>Drop as far as stats go. So all they need to do is get lucky with a schematic drop, as the mats would be easily available running the OPS.

Let's be real here. This new change, it only benefits people that have either:

A. No Job

B. No life

or

C. Live in this game

At this rate BW would honestly need to pay me, and probably quite a few to stick around.

ROFL so true, so true!!

Wanting it withing weeks insted of half a year is not asking that much. If bolster were still in place it wouldnt be TOO much of a big deal, but now it is devestating.

Except this change was supposed to ease the pain for PVP PLAYERS to get the new gear. That should not require Ops. That would be like forcing Ops players to play pvp to get access to new Ops.

Let's be real here. This new change, it only benefits people that have either:

A. No Job

B. No life

or

C. Live in this game

At this rate BW would honestly need to pay me, and probably quite a few to stick around. Who wants to spend thousands of hours to get all their gear ? Should we all drop our careers, families, lives just to have a little fun in the game? Warzones are a complete mess now. You have people running around with thousands of more damage pri than others and over 40 k more health than others. God forbid someone come out of the 65 brackets and want to pvp, REALLY just not happening anymore realistically.

I am pretty sure I am not the only one considering leaving......again. Until this abysmal load of donkey manure is removed COMPLETELY.

End rant. :rak_04::rak_04::rak_04::rak_04:

Bioware, "the new Social security / wealthfare agency"

If it gets any worse the game will shut down. It's like they are seeing how fast they can kill it

Bioware, "the new Social security / wealthfare agency"

If it gets any worse the game will shut down. It's like they are seeing how fast they can kill it

Lol. That is pretty much my thoughts as well. Ill still play as preferred but only till i have a few alts to top level. Then I will move on. No reason to stick around and make this game my *********** job.

I mean honestly. I would need to cease my transition, cease my job, cease studying and going to school, cease my social life, and cease dating in order to get this new gear. Which is pretty much required for pvp now.

I honestly could do that. I have no job as I'd rather work from home being self-employed, I don't go to school, and I don't have a social life. I just have no working PC right now to play this game. :(

BIOWARE, You are always saying you listen and hear your subscribers. Then hear this? Please listen to US ALL, we do not have the kind of time that it would take to grind for that gear. Please, Hear us, when we say we need another system here that will cut the time in half or something, cause as is, this is bat crap CRAZY!

Take Care & Be Well.........

Unless you're a raider and need the gear to do the content you like.

I like content that INSTANTLY rewards me with stuff that makes my character better, i don't like content that

gives me tokens, then i need xx tokens for a single piece of gear.. thats INDIRECT rewards.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.