Dear BW. Are you going to start paying ME to play the game?

mmmbuddah

Let's be real here. This new change, it only benefits people that have either:

A. No Job

B. No life

or

C. Live in this game

At this rate BW would honestly need to pay me, and probably quite a few to stick around. Who wants to spend thousands of hours to get all their gear ? Should we all drop our careers, families, lives just to have a little fun in the game? Warzones are a complete mess now. You have people running around with thousands of more damage pri than others and over 40 k more health than others. God forbid someone come out of the 65 brackets and want to pvp, REALLY just not happening anymore realistically.

I am pretty sure I am not the only one considering leaving......again. Until this abysmal load of donkey manure is removed COMPLETELY.

End rant. :rak_04::rak_04::rak_04::rak_04:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So someone did the math, and here it is.

First off, thank you very much for the hard numbers. I appreciate that.

Secondly, HOLY EPIC GRIND BATMAN!!!!

Some math (just for tier 1 as my brain doesn't even want to consider tier 2 or tier 3):

1290 components are required for a full set of tier 1.

Assuming a 50% regular unranked warzone win percentage ==> (5 + 2) / 2 = 3.5 components per warzone

1290 / 3.5 = ~369 regular warzones to get tier 1......*passes out*

Assuming a casual dude such as myself runs 5 warzones per day ==> 369 / 5 = 73.8 days to get tier 1

Like I said, I'm not mentally prepared to do the math for figuring out the other tiers. Please have mercy.

So I followed up on this...didn't read past this to see if anyone else had...but once tier 1 is complete it will be another 486 matches and once tier 2 is complete another 730 matches!!!

Freaking insane!!! In total that is 1585 total matches and assuming the 5 matches per day that puts you at 317 DAYS!!! That is roughly 10.5 MONTHS!!!

I suggest that everyone simply store up your components because they are going to have to cut the numbers at some point!

Edited by mmmbuddah

Luckily i never touched that game.

I did, unfortunately. All it did was make me miss Everquest.

To your OP, I'm a rabid pvper, as in, that's almost all I do, with some questing and the rare op in between. I don't think this system will bother me, but I do think the numbers need to come down a bit.

Edited by Vember

I have no job. I have no life. I... used to live in this game.. the livestream that announced the 5.1 changes made me move out. Some of us no-lifers actually want to have some time left to actually be able to use our gear, before starting over again. :o

Am bracing myself for the next stream. Would still love to come back home, but not while it's in its current state.

You could always not grind and just enjoy the content that you like.

Some of us can not enjoy the content we like. In fact, with the lack of new things to do over the years, my new characters have been my new content. I'm now to abandon most of my characters in order to even be able to get to the point where I could do what I want to do.

I did the math too. If I gear the same amount of characters into just tier 2 as I did last cycle, I will not finish in time to actually do the content I want to do. Assuming another cycle of just a year, I will still be busy gearing up by the time 6.0 hits..

Just not grind.. I wish..

Edited by cyrusramsey

Unless you're a raider and need the gear to do the content you like.

Some of us can not enjoy the content we like. In fact, with the lack of new things to do over the years, my new characters have been my new content. I'm now to abandon most of my characters in order to even be able to get to the point where I could do what I want to do.

I did the math too. If I gear the same amount of characters into just tier 2 as I did last cycle, I will not finish in time to actually do the content I want to do. Assuming another cycle of just a year, I will still be busy gearing up by the time 6.0 hits..

Just not grind.. I wish..

Well at least we can still craft, augment & buy mods off the GTN. But hardcore raiding can't be done casually.

You cannot enjoy pvp now without the grind. It just isn't possible. Without that gear you are just sleep for the slaughter now.

I've got to disagree.

I've been PVPing and optimized 228s have been serving me pretty well so far on my CRank 0 characters. However, somethings happened to the bolster this patch... so I'll have to get back to you on that.

Why can't you raid with the current system? I've done plenty of raids in the gear I have so far. Group finder exists for a reason

Mainly talking about pvp to be honest. Which is the whole reason they pretty much introduced this new system. And in pvp, this is a disaster.

I've got to disagree.

I've been PVPing and optimized 228s have been serving me pretty well so far on my CRank 0 characters. However, somethings happened to the bolster this patch... so I'll have to get back to you on that.

There is none. that is the problem. You go in, and people that have grinded to their hearts content just roflstomp EVERYONE. You have people that come in fresh from the 65 brackets going against people that are in 240s and you just get obliterated. They have 30-50 k more health and do way WAY more damage. And the gear you craft or get from gtn is FAR inferior to the new gear they added which the math was done for.

Well at least we can still craft, augment & buy mods off the GTN. But hardcore raiding can't be done casually.

It was a huge project for me last cycle to farm enough mats for 50 sets of augments and then craft them together with my partner, for both our more regularly played characters. I was all set to do it again this cycle, but considering how long that took, I know I'm not going to add crafting all of the gear to that project.. it's just moving the problem from one grind to another. Aside from the obvious limitations of crafted gear.

I'll find out what ideas they have to make their game less alt-hostile than it is now, but I'm considering this cycle to be lost.

They also put a 1000 component cap. So you can't stockpile them until you can finish your gear set with them. You got to spend them fairly often.

People will buy a new piece and they will get that same piece in a crate. If that happen for a tier 3 gear piece, that's around 500 component wasted. Somewhere between 100 to 200 matches for nothing (depending on the Arena/WZ and Win/loses ratio).

They also put a 1000 component cap. So you can't stockpile them until you can finish your gear set with them. You got to spend them fairly often.

People will buy a new piece and they will get that same piece in a crate. If that happen for a tier 3 gear piece, that's around 500 component wasted. Somewhere between 100 to 200 matches for nothing (depending on the Arena/WZ and Win/loses ratio).

This system is the worst system they have ever implemented. They said they wanted to make it less complicated when they removed warzone comms, but they just made it 100000000000000000000 times worse now. :mad:

Why can't you raid with the current system? I've done plenty of raids in the gear I have so far. Group finder exists for a reason

They vote kick you out for not having the achievement for it....its happend to me twice this month.....this is why achievements are such a bad thing to have.

They vote kick you out for not having the achievement for it....its happend to me twice this month.....this is why achievements are such a bad thing to have.

If you have no achievement that means either you might be from a different server or you have no idea what to do. In pug, people like that are not very welcome.

They just used the crystal amounts for tier 1 then decided to make it harder for the next two.

Seriously though, why on earth should you have to use currency to buy currency to buy gear? That is just ..........ridiculously bad design.

Some math (just for tier 1 as my brain doesn't even want to consider tier 2 or tier 3):

Assuming a 50% regular unranked warzone win percentage ==> (5 + 2) / 2 = 3.5 components per warzone

Assuming a casual dude such as myself runs 5 warzones per day ==> 369 / 5 = 73.8 days to get tier 1

So I followed up on this...didn't read past this to see if anyone else had...but once tier 1 is complete it will be another 486 matches and once tier 2 is complete another 730 matches!!!

Freaking insane!!! In total that is 1585 total matches and assuming the 5 matches per day that puts you at 317 DAYS!!! That is roughly 10.5 MONTHS!!!

So yeah.......... this is just a pisstake

Seriously though, why on earth should you have to use currency to buy currency to buy gear? That is just ..........ridiculously bad design.

So yeah.......... this is just a pisstake

Not a word about gearing with running ops? :)

Not a word about gearing with running ops? :)

Running Ops isn't much better.

First, the gear is now limited based on the Op. So if you are looking for legs you have to run TFB since they tied it to the end boss. With 2 pieces in an 8 man instance, you have a 25% chance of getting the drop at the end. If you don't, then you have to wait a week to try again because you still have weekly raid lock outs. So it could take you a month to get the drop depending on the RNG and assuming you always run with the same 8 people so they pass on the end drop.

Secondly, it is probably going to be harder for that as people are going to focus on running Ops where the end boss has the gear they need. So the ones who got the legs the first couple times around are probably going to want to move on to a different Op that has another piece they need.

So, to get say 14 pieces in casual play, where most casual raiders do maybe 2 Ops a week, you are looking at a time frame of 6-24 weeks, depending on your luck with RNG. This of course is per tier. If you decide to just start going for NiM, you could theoretically have a full set of T3 in six weeks. But I don't see how peeps are going to do that without first having a complete set of T2. So, assuming you start Veteran Mode first, you are looking at 12-48 weeks (3 to 11 months) before full T3. Assuming your get average RNG on the end drops, it will be around 5 to 6 months to do it.

Oh... and that is just one character.

I hope people are finally figuring out that this wasn't done for your benefit. This was done to INCREASE the grind but give you some consolation prize for the stupendously bad RNG in the command crates. BW is trying every trick in the book to keep people subbed and the only thing they have is the carrot of re-gearing over the next year so you can then be back to doing all the content you were doing with BiS 3.0 gear.

And none of this still fixes the issue of newer players coming at later times to raid groups and trying to power gear them to catch up with older raid group members. This is the thing that, over time, is going to completely destroy raiding in this game. But at least then, BW will have their metrics that say no one wants to raid so they won't need to do them anymore.

Edited by Wayshuba

Running Ops isn't much better.

First, the gear is now limited based on the Op. So if you are looking for legs you have to run TFB since they tied it to the end boss. With 2 pieces in an 8 man instance, you have a 25% chance of getting the drop at the end. If you don't, then you have to wait a week to try again because you still have weekly raid lock outs. So it could take you a month to get the drop depending on the RNG and assuming you always run with the same 8 people so they pass on the end drop.

Secondly, it is probably going to be harder for that as people are going to focus on running Ops where the end boss has the gear they need.

So, to get say 14 pieces in casual play, where most casual raiders do maybe 2 Ops a week, you are looking at a time frame of 6-24 weeks, depending on your luck with RNG. This of course is per tier. If you decide to just start going for NiM, you could theoretically have a full set of T3 in six weeks. But I don't see how peeps are going to do that without first having a complete set of T2. So, assuming you start Veteran Mode first, you are looking at 12-48 weeks (3 to 11 months) before full T3. Assuming your get average RNG on the end drops, it will be around 5 to 6 months to do it.

Oh... and that is just one character.

I hope people are finally figuring out that this wasn't done for your benefit. This was done to INCREASE the grind but give you some consolation prize for the stupendously bad RNG in the command crates. BW is trying every trick in the book to keep people subbed and the only thing they have is the carrot of re-gearing over the next year so you can then be back to doing all the content you were doing with BiS 3.0 gear.

Well, I am not used to gear with pug. I always wanted to make things easier that's one of the reasons why you join a guild. To gear up faster. If you are in competitive guild, gearing to full 242 in 5.1 patch will take no longer than a few weeks (to gear up the whole ops group, not just you, playing like 2-3 times a week, 2-3 hours each). If you don't have a guild, oh well, that's your problem.