Good news on the CXP gearing front

Ramalina

The developers seem keen to keep people queueing for GSF by giving out gear grind loot at competitive rates, though based on the win/loss reward disparity servers that have problems with faction hopping may end up in a state of eternal wargames.

Hey folks,

As we talked about in the Galactic Command Thread, Unassembled Components are a way for PvP players to work towards a specific piece of gear. First we will talk about how many Components you get from playing PvP and then I will show you the costs of each item from the vendor.

This list is how many Unassembled Components you get based on the content you play:

• 5 - Warzone Win
  • 2 - Warzone Loss
  • 3 - Arena Win
  • 1 - Arena Loss
  • 5 - Solo Ranked Win
  • 2 - Solo Ranked Loss
  • 8 - Group Ranked Win
  • 3 - Group Ranked Loss
  • 8 - GSF Win
  • 3 - GSF Loss

*snip*

-eric

Good reason to take some newer players under you wing and queue as a group though, right?

This is unexpectedly good in terms of attention for GSF.

Should I necro the Strike buff thread? Just in case? ;)

This is good news! It brings a tear to my eye that they remembered to include us in these changes, as I feared that the switch to components would only be coming through ground PvP and GSF would again become abandoned. With ranked hardly popping and GSF earning the same as ranked matches, we may well be the most time-efficient way of earning these components now.

Say what you will about galactic command, but it has been a hell of a boon on a lot of servers and I am seeing a LOT of new up-and-comers to the scene on the shadowlands.

Now if only they will give us our XP and credits back...

They had originally said that GSF wouldn't get anything. That was explicitly stated. This means that they actually listened when we asked them to include us anyway. That, or it means someone on the dev team is looking out for us. Either way, this is a nice change, even if the prices for items on that vendor are silly.

Nice that GSF is on the radar.... But.

All very well, but your teams might get 3 AFK-ers instead of four.

Was in a match this morning. - 3 people with medals. - 5 people managed nearly 8K damage between them. and about 35 deaths. - Much as I like to encourage people to try GSF, it was obvious that they were there to throw the game rather than compete - probably for 'easy' CXP.

-That kind of behaviour Is going to kill rather than save GSF IMHO. - Who wants to queue when your own faction are working for the opposition?

There must be a way of rewarding people who try hard versus people who just suicide or fly into obvious nests or fly and stop to be 1-shotted by GS on DO.

#minimum_medals_before_CXP_granted.

Nice that GSF is on the radar.... But.

All very well, but your teams might get 3 AFK-ers instead of four.

Was in a match this morning. - 3 people with medals. - 5 people managed nearly 8K damage between them. and about 35 deaths. - Much as I like to encourage people to try GSF, it was obvious that they were there to throw the game rather than compete - probably for 'easy' CXP.

-That kind of behaviour Is going to kill rather than save GSF IMHO. - Who wants to queue when your own faction are working for the opposition?

There must be a way of rewarding people who try hard versus people who just suicide or fly into obvious nests or fly and stop to be 1-shotted by GS on DO.

#minimum_medals_before_CXP_granted.

The people that are doing GSF for GC most likely will not do that after the patch at least once the system is common knowledge, they are rewarding over double the components for victory. Edited by Lendul

It's great that you get unassembled components from GSF, but based on the patch note comments you'll need valor ranks to hand them in, or am I missing something?? (I'm assuming there's no valor gain in GSF but have to admit I've never checked...

"Players can turn Unassembled Components into a PvP vendor with a Valor requirement to get an Unassembled Gear piece."

Well people dont just play GSF of course, i mean it came after 2.0 so unless they picked up the game just when GSF started they had to be doing other stuff before.

We'll see about the valor requirement, it could be just a small nuisance to those who prefer avoiding PvP.