Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Healers survivability needs to get knocked down.

Dreez

This class is utterly broken and unbalanced to say the least. In Arenas, the team that gets the healer

is the team that automatically wins, doesn't matter if its 3v3 or 4v4, a healer will tank 3 dps easily with guard.

Today i saw ONE enemy healer keeping his entire team up. We set 3 dps on him and marked him,

and everytime he was taken down to 75/50% health, he would pop a bubble, get CC-immune and soak

up all damage from the shield, and run like crazy... like 200% speed increase and just heal up while kiting.

ANY class that can carry their team, while at the same time keeping 2-4 players busy 100% of the time

by tanking and kiting.... AND healing, that is a broken class. You can't underupt healer, because they'll

toss another heal (i've interupted several healers only to see them instantly cast another heal).

Juggernauts are suppose to be the damagesoaker, yet they PALE in comparrison with healers.. A Juggernaut

solo cannot kite, and tank 2-4 players while supporting the entire team.. a healer CAN.

No class should be that strong.

This class is utterly broken and unbalanced to say the least. In Arenas, the team that gets the healer

is the team that automatically wins, doesn't matter if its 3v3 or 4v4, a healer will tank 3 dps easily with guard.

Today i saw ONE enemy healer keeping his entire team up. We set 3 dps on him and marked him,

and everytime he was taken down to 75/50% health, he would pop a bubble, get CC-immune and soak

up all damage from the shield, and run like crazy... like 200% speed increase and just heal up while kiting.

ANY class that can carry their team, while at the same time keeping 2-4 players busy 100% of the time

by tanking and kiting.... AND healing, that is a broken class. You can't underupt healer, because they'll

toss another heal (i've interupted several healers only to see them instantly cast another heal).

Juggernauts are suppose to be the damagesoaker, yet they PALE in comparrison with healers.. A Juggernaut

solo cannot kite, and tank 2-4 players while supporting the entire team.. a healer CAN.

Which class? Sorc?

The Engrish is not strong with this one!

Had an arena the other day with 2 healers 2 dps on my team, and 1 dps 3 healers on the enemy team. We absolutely curb stomped the other team and burst down their healers like no other. I was on my combat sent doing 6.5k dps and the other dps on my team was also a combat sent and did 4.5k dps (everything single target for both of us). There is something lots of people don't seem to understand and that is focus a healer and focus them hard. CC the other healers if you have to. They had 1 of each healer and we just focused the sorc as we CC'd the others, then we moved onto the other healers once we killed the sorc. It's simply a skill difference.

The healer i've noticed alot in WZ's is called Bluebeauty, a Jedi Sage. I can be on her constantly smashing for

minutes and she just speeds away, shields up, knocks me down, constantly healing her team...

When the hell is a class suppose to be able to do ALL that and at the same time being able to keep

her team up without issues !?. WHEN can a Juggernaut solo carry a team like that !?, or any other non-healer class.

If you're saying that killing a healer should be the focus job of 3 dps, then that's 3 players constant job to take

out ONE player. Since when has that been balanced?. Since when did it require 3 players to kill any other class?.

I've seen 2 dps getting totally demolished by a single commando/merc healing and damaging, grinding them down.

The healer i've noticed alot in WZ's is called Bluebeauty, a Jedi Sage. I can be on her constantly smashing for

minutes and she just speeds away, shields up, knocks me down, constantly healing her team...

When the hell is a class suppose to be able to do ALL that and at the same time being able to keep

her team up without issues !?. WHEN can a Juggernaut solo carry a team like that !?, or any other non-healer class.

If you're saying that killing a healer should be the focus job of 3 dps, then that's 3 players constant job to take

out ONE player. Since when has that been balanced?. Since when did it require 3 players to kill any other class?.

I've seen 2 dps getting totally demolished by a single commando/merc healing and damaging, grinding them down.

Last Night and today as well. I was fighting that same situation, I was all over the sage and i hitting him with dps over 15k on up to 22k and he just kept healing, & healing his team, kicking me back, than healing to full health again. And the snipers, dont get me started OMG. I stop playing pvp for 2 years 5.0 came out thought i try again and i was doing a lot better and have beeen enjoying playing but when it takes 3 or the whole team to take out one sage or sniper, than something is way over powered and that crap isnt balanced.

5 years and this crap is not balanced yet, why is it so hard to balance this. i cant Fathom the reason for this. I mean there is tons of MMOs out and all the ones in the past, have they all had this issue of balancing of their pvp mechanics? I think this is at an impasse.

Stick a fork in it, it's done................

1st, straight up dpsing a healer doesnt work if you are not also using stuns, interrupt, kb and mez correctly. Interrupt the cast "filler" like Dark Infusion, then kb innervate. (or for a sage, Deliverance and Healing trance) then use your hard stun on the next Deliverance. It should at least force the sage to use his bubble right away, or if you have a merc with you, you can electronet the bubble and pretty much get a sure kill, assuming the sage used its cc breaker on an hard stun before. Key to beating healer is to keep lots of dps pressure on them, but also interrupt and cc pressure.

2nd If one is really too hard to catch and burst down for your team, or he is guarded (often by a dps in the current meta), then focus on keeping him CCed and gun down the guarder instead, but it must be done well and with good coordination between the dps, otherwise one will cc and switch, and the other will just break the cc. If you are fighting a trinity team (1 tank 1 heal 2 dps) unless they are really bad, you'll probably lose.

I did see games where we were 4 dps vs 1 heal 1 tank 2 dps end up with a win in regs arena tough. Doesnt happen that often tough, and you really need a bad tank with a healer that stand still.

If the healers are using their cds at the right moment then it will be hard to kill them, especially if they have a good team.

It's kind of hilarious every time BW gives healers a necessary boost (and the players are good at their class) tons of pvp'ers cry about it.

I don't know...as I often disagree about the concept that one dps shouldn't be able to kill a healer. I believe that any on dps of equal skill and build should be able to kill a healer, but it should be a long battle. The Healer in my estimation should also in that long battle be able to kill the dps. The difference in the classes is just where their strengths are. So multiple dps should always be able to take out a healer. However how often does a healer fight by themselves.

Today I played a 4x4 match where it ended up with 2 tanks a dps and a healer on my side and the other team had 3 healers and a dps. Based on the OPs view we should have never won. However we did, and very quickly at that.

One might argue that they were all newbs. But, I think it's more that we ended up a trinity plus 1 and they didn't.

well it was clear that THEY couldnt kill something, but they should have been able to be good at covering themselves.

At any rate, if you are smart about CCs and interrupt, and your 2 dps are good, its possible to global a healer under 8 second (time the 2 other are cced) especially if you have an electronet in the team to ensure a kill.

Its also possible for some classes to solo kill a healer assuming they play their cards right, but very good healers are able to fend you off long enough for help to arrive, as the sole situation where a healer might end up 1vs1 against someone is when on node guard duty.

EDIT: Healer will also never be able to kill a dps that has access to good self-heals. In the current meta, that would be sorc, operatives, mercs, and sniper possibly self-heal enough to at the very least force a stalemate.

Edited by verfallen

• 2 weeks later...
Exactly. Healers don't need any more nerfs. If you can't kill one in pvp, you're not very good. We've been nerfed enough, so that pve has become a challenge. Granted, it used to be too easy. But it isn't since 4.0. All I can say is if you can't kill a healer, learn to play one so you know what they're doing. It will help you to know how to defeat what theyr'e doing. Edited by PatT
spelling

Exactly. Healers don't need any more nerfs. If you can't kill one in pvp, you're not very good. We've been nerfed enough, so that pve has become a challenge. Granted, it used to be too easy. But it isn't since 4.0. All I can say is if you can't kill a healer, learn to play one so you know what they're doing. It will help you to know how to defeat what theyr'e doing.

Good advice. I learned a-lot about fighting operatives after I leveled one to 70.

This thread is definitely not about operative healers.

Sure it is.

One of the fundament truths about PvP DPS healer whine threads is that ALL HEALS (except that player's self heals), are evil and unbalanced. Just like all tank mitigation and DCDs are evil and unbalanced.

The point of healers and tanks in PvP is to provide easy kills so that DPS can pad their damage done and kills stats on the final scoreboard.

It's sort of astonishing that with MMMORPGs having been around for so long that developers haven't figured this out yet. They keep thinking that tanks and healers are supposed to be more than easy points in PvP, and that's why they ALWAYS get PvP balance wrong.

It doesn't help that when they finally get things half right and make a FOTM DPS class it's usually the wrong class (ie not your personal favorite class).

Sure it is.

One of the fundament truths about PvP DPS healer whine threads is that ALL HEALS (except that player's self heals), are evil and unbalanced. Just like all tank mitigation and DCDs are evil and unbalanced.

The point of healers and tanks in PvP is to provide easy kills so that DPS can pad their damage done and kills stats on the final scoreboard.

It's sort of astonishing that with MMMORPGs having been around for so long that developers haven't figured this out yet. They keep thinking that tanks and healers are supposed to be more than easy points in PvP, and that's why they ALWAYS get PvP balance wrong.

It doesn't help that when they finally get things half right and make a FOTM DPS class it's usually the wrong class (ie not your personal favorite class).

On my Scoundrel Healer tonight, I was immortal through DPS stupidity. The damned idiots knew to interrupt me trying to activate a mod but interrupt my heals... no, never. But then the complaining about Marauders/Sentinels, who are well known glass cannons that we don't instantly go squish and have DCDs at all comes from we're supposed to be free kills.

I laughed at everything you said, you nailed it exactly.

Two sorc healers combined in a match yesterday for just under 13 million healing. By comparison, the top 3 dps did 7 million damage combined.

Heals are way overtuned.

When looking at performance, never look at overall damage/healing, look at dps/hps. A relatively bad player can get decently high overall numbers with bad per second numbers if the match takes a long time. If that was an average 15 min game each healers would have averaged 7.2k hps, which is pretty good but not amazing (especially if people are dying). By that same length, each dps would have averaged 2.6k dps (not very good). It could very well be a shorter game and the per second numbers would be higher, but generally in that game, the dps just under-performed greatly compared to the healers.

When looking at performance, never look at overall damage/healing, look at dps/hps. A relatively bad player can get decently high overall numbers with bad per second numbers if the match takes a long time. If that was an average 15 min game each healers would have averaged 7.2k hps, which is pretty good but not amazing (especially if people are dying). By that same length, each dps would have averaged 2.6k dps (not very good). It could very well be a shorter game and the per second numbers would be higher, but generally in that game, the dps just under-performed greatly compared to the healers.

All I know is, I had 2.2 million damage and zero kills.

All I know is, I had 2.2 million damage and zero kills.

Like I said before, total damage numbers mean nothing. That 2.2 million damage could be really good in a very short game and they had a bunch of great healers, or it could just be a long slugfest of meh players in which case no kills would be expected if even 1 of their healers were any good. If you want a ballpark answer for at which dps/hps they start to become decent, it's about 7k for healers and probably about 3.5k dps for single target dps and even more for an aoe class. Not trying to be mean or putting you down as I don't know the exact circumstance without seeing the per second numbers, just trying to be informative.

Like I said before, total damage numbers mean nothing. That 2.2 million damage could be really good in a very short game and they had a bunch of great healers, or it could just be a long slugfest of meh players in which case no kills would be expected if even 1 of their healers were any good. If you want a ballpark answer for at which dps/hps they start to become decent, it's about 7k for healers and probably about 3.5k dps for single target dps and even more for an aoe class. Not trying to be mean or putting you down as I don't know the exact circumstance without seeing the per second numbers, just trying to be informative.

I don't think any player that's being honest with themselves can deny that healers are too strong right now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.