SWTOR - The Dieing MMO

Rzfk

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These threads are always a hoot. They remind me a child covering their eyes and thinking the result is that nobody can see them. If I can't see you then you certainly can't see me, right?

That makes absolutely no sense at all...none.

Dying or not the double standards of some people to try and defend the game is staggering.

If every forum post is about the game doing badly, then all those posters are a minority and not to be trusted and in no way reflect the community.

If the servers are mostly empty except for a few that may get to standard in peak times, then those light servers are lying and the only ones that should be looked at are the standard ones.

If someone on the internet says the game is dying they are lying but find a post which puts TOR as healthy along side Dungeons & Dragons online then that article must know its stuff and the game must be doing amazingly well.

And why are there so many posts saying the game is dying, Hell thats because for these people it is.

It went from what 40+ Servers to a handful, most of which are light. It went from a subscription model to cartel market funded, (now I don't believe anyone is buying 250 crates or the like because people aren't that thick. You can't possible get a full set of platinum gear from 100's of purchases and then when the next hypercrate comes out want then new stuff and be done with the old that you buy another 250 crates. If you work for a living and have any concept of money you aren't that thick to waste if on an MMO). It went from 8 class stories to one story fits all across both factions. It went from adding new daily areas, ops, flashpoints to adding uprisings a 15 min wave of trash adventure. Perhaps most of all for some people it went from having active guilds and friends lists to playing on your own.

I think that you would have to be living in denial to say its in as good a state as it was at launch or to think regrinding old content for the DvL event and then regrinding old content for the Galactic Command Crates is because the development team have the talent and funding to offer new content but think that people would rather play 5 year old content.

Lol it's always funny when people make these long posts to give them feedback and what can be improved and so on.

Wake up!

This game won't see any OPs ever again.

This game won't see any GOOD multiplayer content ever again. Reasons: Bad engine, tight staff and tight budget

This game will continue to focus solely on Cartell Market stuff.

This game will not get any substantial content patches anymore. Only small gimmicks which recycles existing content.

The only aspect that will receive updates is the linear and bad Outlander storyline which was the weakest story of the entire game.

So if you don't like the vanilla content and stay subscribed solely because of hope for the game to get better than you seriously need to wake the **** up and stop being so goddamm naive.

Things are only going downhill from here, that's how it's going to be and everyone with a little bit of sense knows this.

I would like to ask why nothing has been done to improve the quality of the game since Shadow of Revan?

It has now been 2 1/2 years since there was any releases of 8 or 16 man PVE end-game Content. ontop of that Group Finder ques are not popping anywhere near enough as much as they should be.

The Server Populations have been declining so baddly.

A Sollution to these Problems is (1) Make everything on Groupfinder and PVP Que Cross Server and (2) release new 8 or 16 man end-game PVE content more frequently (not 1 or 2 Operations every 2 or 3 years) i mean 1 or 2 new Ops every 6 months.

The excuse of limiting Credit Farmers and Gold Spammers by not giving us Cross server activities in not acceptable anymore.

There will always be Credit farmers and Gold Spammers on every server not just limited to 1 or 2 servers.

If neither of these critical changes come into effect this game will effectively have no option but to shut down by the end of the year.

They decided to focus on "stories" instead of actual replayable content. Ask them why?

Most of us understand it would make more sense to put heavy work into content that players can repeat hundreds, thousands of times.

Instead for this game they have decided to give us stories and create a very convoluted mess imo.

You got the original set of companions and stories, then you got w/e the second coming of stories was where all of the companions died, then you got the third one which i haven't even bothered getting into.

All these weird timelines of events and stuff are not one bit cohesive in my mind anyway. Maybe it's because all I do is PVP, I imagine to many the focus on story must really be interesting and fun.

For me, it's useless and only watered down the game because all the devs attention went into stories and not content for PVP or PVE.

The story you read through once, I just can't see how anyone finds it fun doing multiple characters with the same stories over and over. With PVE raiding and PVP, players never get tired of them.

Lots of people have many of the same class and run PVE or PVP with them, it never gets old unless the PVE and PVP is ruined by lack of attention which is what has happened to both PVE and PVP.

In a nutshell I am disappointed with the direction BW went with SWTOR, but there is really nothing out there that interests me as far as MMOs go right now. Which is sad.

Imagine how great this game could be if they actually focused on PVE and PVP instead of stories?

SWTOR fate was decided more than 2 years ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comme...ture_of_swtor/

It was posted and predicted over 2 years ago very accurately most stuff.

Reason for this no new content and pushing huge grind with scaling ALL content in the end.

Game will run as is for as long it can maintain profit then will shut down. Disney has new plans long ago whe nthey got SW IP into their hands.

Dont except this game to get any new major updates because this decision was made long ago when most old devs and also game senior lead left from original team.

I'm sorry i have to write here but if any current Bioware devs read this, you know this very well already

You must be the one to post that to reddit. It's really not close. Maybe some of the ideas but your link is quite fallible and full of ****.

The game isn't going to die because it's Star Wars.

And no matter how many criticize and tear the game apart for various recent aspects (me included) we will always come back somehow because we all love Star Wars and that's enough.

But the game will continue to decline. It's not going to be better, the game will further decline and loose more and more of it's players. The game won't see another rise in players.

Lol it's always funny when people make these long posts to give them feedback and what can be improved and so on.

Wake up!

This game won't see any OPs ever again.

This game won't see any GOOD multiplayer content ever again. Reasons: Bad engine, tight staff and tight budget

This game will continue to focus solely on Cartell Market stuff.

This game will not get any substantial content patches anymore. Only small gimmicks which recycles existing content.

The only aspect that will receive updates is the linear and bad Outlander storyline which was the weakest story of the entire game.

So if you don't like the vanilla content and stay subscribed solely because of hope for the game to get better than you seriously need to wake the **** up and stop being so goddamm naive.

Things are only going downhill from here, that's how it's going to be and everyone with a little bit of sense knows this.

I absolutely agree with you. Here is the problem, they can fix it. EA most likely won't let them. I go into Neverwinter and they are always adding new content to play and it's fun content if you like dungeon delving. SWTOR 1-50, I could even go as far as 60, is great content. KOTFE and KOTET is not great content, IMO. They need to actually hire someone who can write.

SWTOR 1-50, I could even go as far as 60, is great content. KOTFE and KOTET is not great content, IMO. They need to actually hire someone who can write.

Can't argue with that. Up through 3.0 is was a pretty good/good game. KOTFE and KOTET are a train wreck. They need to hire decent writers and some decent designers would be good, too. Replacing the lead producer would be fantastic.

Can't argue with that. Up through 3.0 is was a pretty good/good game. KOTFE and KOTET are a train wreck. They need to hire decent writers and some decent designers would be good, too. Replacing the lead producer would be fantastic.

Quality aside they need writers that know how to write for an RPG. KotFE/ET wasn't even appropriate for a choose-your-own-adventure dead tree book.

I do not think the game is dying. It does however seem to be limping through the years, barely alive, compared to MMOs like FF14. SWTOR IMO could have had more if not the same amount of subs if it could produce content for ALL of its endgame in a timely manner. Also cared about the quality of that content. Edited by Radzkie

I would like to ask why nothing has been done to improve the quality of the game since Shadow of Revan?

It has now been 2 1/2 years since there was any releases of 8 or 16 man PVE end-game Content. ontop of that Group Finder ques are not popping anywhere near enough as much as they should be.

The Server Populations have been declining so baddly.

A Sollution to these Problems is (1) Make everything on Groupfinder and PVP Que Cross Server and (2) release new 8 or 16 man end-game PVE content more frequently (not 1 or 2 Operations every 2 or 3 years) i mean 1 or 2 new Ops every 6 months.

The excuse of limiting Credit Farmers and Gold Spammers by not giving us Cross server activities in not acceptable anymore.

There will always be Credit farmers and Gold Spammers on every server not just limited to 1 or 2 servers.

If neither of these critical changes come into effect this game will effectively have no option but to shut down by the end of the year.

The thing is, you probably still play hours a day so forgive me if I don't take your "prediction" to heart.

I absolutely agree with you. Here is the problem, they can fix it. EA most likely won't let them. I go into Neverwinter and they are always adding new content to play and it's fun content if you like dungeon delving. SWTOR 1-50, I could even go as far as 60, is great content. KOTFE and KOTET is not great content, IMO. They need to actually hire someone who can write.

I agree with you on 1-50 being great content. Even till 60 it's great (despite the ****up With SOR's story ending, like seriously, that was awful)

But I don't agree with you that they can fix it. In my opinion they have neither the talent, nor the engagement, nor the staff, nor the money to do this. On top of that, their engine hinders them in every way possible and even simple things are difficult with this engine. All those issues make it sheer impossible to create any engaging and good content in my view.

I just re-subscribed today, as I hadn't played this game in a couple of years. It looks like they made some really nice improvements since I played. I am having to remember everything all over again, how to play some of my old toons, rolling some new ones to get the feel of things again. If this game is dying it wouldn't have lasted as long as it has. I get bored with my other games, like WoW and some of the other MMO's, so I will restart old subs and play something different. This game doesn't appear to be a "dying game" to me. I really hate threads like this on game forums because it makes people think the game is in a "doom and gloom" mode when it really isn't. If you are bored with this game or frustrated why not try playing something else for awhile instead of making crappy posts like this one? Why bother to post something like this if you are so sure this game is going downhill, and your unhappy with it?

I just re-subscribed today, as I hadn't played this game in a couple of years. It looks like they made some really nice improvements since I played. I am having to remember everything all over again, how to play some of my old toons, rolling some new ones to get the feel of things again. If this game is dying it wouldn't have lasted as long as it has. I get bored with my other games, like WoW and some of the other MMO's, so I will restart old subs and play something different. This game doesn't appear to be a "dying game" to me. I really hate threads like this on game forums because it makes people think the game is in a "doom and gloom" mode when it really isn't. If you are bored with this game or frustrated why not try playing something else for awhile instead of making crappy posts like this one? Why bother to post something like this if you are so sure this game is going downhill, and your unhappy with it?

I couldn't have phrased it better. There is a small group of players that keep posting that the game is dying and that can scare awaynew players or returning ones. The sad thing is that it is a falsehood that they are spreading because the game is very much alive. It has been pointed out several times in this thread but just because specific content one player wants isn't released doesn't mean it's dying (I recognise it is a larger group wanting OPS, don't worry). However, going out and about and just shouting this pointless phrase "SWTOR is dying" is really not necessary or helping the game in -any- way.

Edited by Ylliarus

I couldn't have phrased it better. There is a small group of players that keep posting that the game is dying and that can scare awaynew players or returning ones. The sad thing is that it is a falsehood that they are spreading because the game is very much alive. It has been pointed out several times in this thread but just because specific content one player wants isn't released doesn't mean it's dying (I recognise it is a larger group wanting OPS, don't worry). However, going out and about and just shouting this pointless phrase "SWTOR is dying" is really not necessary or helping the game in -any- way.

The story of chicken little has been passed down through generations for a reason. People like to nay-say and there will come a time when they're actually correct. After untold numbers of times of being wrong. What's the other saying? Even a broken clock is right twice a day?

There is a small group of players that keep posting that the game is dying and that can scare awaynew players or returning ones.

Which is exactly why other players who know this to be rubbish can't let it just sit in the forum without response.

Negative narratives want very much to stifle disagreement.. as they do appear to want to discourage new or returning players. So.. speak up folks, because silence allows the narrative to be repeated until it is believed.