Senya's Lightsaber Pike: 200,000,000+ on GTN -TY BioWare for catering to whales (pic)

Why should the whales get a unique weapon genre? - I've seen repeatedly on forum. Well, the lightsaber pike is the poster boy weapon of the past 2 expansions. I wouldn't deny the vast majority of players who aren't frequent whales the [realistic] opportunity of obtaining a polesaber that's modifiable. But yeah, still expect to pay a ton of credits; however, at least the price would be within sanity. More variations of the polesaber in future cartel packs, to drive down prices to (much) more reasonable price ranges in the GTN rather than a direct polesaber variation in the Cartel Market would be a fair compromise for many gamers who feel they have been left out of this new weapon genre, albeit having polesabers shoved in our faces for going on 2 years and only having the whales get them - and whales will get more variety - as Senya's version doesn't match a lot of our (imp) toon's appearance well.

http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Senyas-Lightsaber-Pike-Full.jpg

Edited by Willjb

With that said, I'd [vastly] rather have variation of the polesaber in upcoming cartel parks, than a direct sale item. I like rarity, but in this case, it has its limits when I see a 200+ GTN postings norm for an item that is in a pack still in the CM. It is just ridiculous. More variation - rather than a one-time polesaber novelty that <might> look well with your toon. Edited by Willjb

People list things for prices that don't sell all the time.

This is often because they want people to know they have the item available.

I had one of these and listed it. The pike was never intended to sell for the listed price.

Someone who wanted it but didn't have that many credits mailed me and offered a trade.

We worked out a combination of credits and goods. I'm happy, he's happy.

In case you're curious, the sale price was only in the low 8-digits.

Edited by Xina_LA

It really bothers me that whales have their own item tier.

If we're paid subscribers, all items should either be attainable through gameplay, or priced cheaply and fairly on the Cartel Market.

I wouldn't say "cheap" but everything should be within reasonable reach of the average/above average player. The current "platinum" tier doesn't allow this.

Edited by Vinak

Why does everyone care bear this topic?

Nobody would play this if everything was easily attainable. If you want the item, work your way up. Get some credits, look for a cheap price, haggle if you have to like the previous poster, and boom.

*Waah* My hypercrate didn't give me 26 platinum items

*Waah* This item I want is too expensive and only rich people can get it

*Waah* I'm the same person who is out protesting instead of having a job and earning money WHICH WOULD TRANSLATE IN TO BEING ABLE TO GET THE ITEMS YOU WANT IN GAME.

Nobody would play this if everything was easily attainable. If you want the item, work your way up. Get some credits, look for a cheap price, haggle if you have to like the previous poster, and boom.

*Waah* I'm the same person who is out protesting instead of having a job and earning money WHICH WOULD TRANSLATE IN TO BEING ABLE TO GET THE ITEMS YOU WANT IN GAME.

There's a difference between easily attainable and blatant cash grab via what amounts to gambling.

I purchased three hypercrates, and didn't get one platinum. That's completely absurd. One platinum per hypercrate seems fair to me. 26 per crate is foolish hyperbole.

Games also shouldn't cater to rich people in any way. That's a personal opinion, but that style of gaming boils my blood. Imagine buying Street Fighter 2 back in the day and having to gamble to unlock M. Bison as a playable character.

I also have a job and work 40-60 hours a week, so you can take that condescending tone and stuff it. Some of us have other financial responsibilities that don't allow us to blow lots of real money on fake items in a video game.

People list things for prices that don't sell all the time.

This is often because they want people to know they have the item available.

I had one of these and listed it. The pike was never intended to sell for the listed price.

Someone who wanted it but didn't have that many credits mailed me and offered a trade.

We worked out a combination of credits and goods. I'm happy, he's happy.

In case you're curious, the sale price was only in the low 8-digits.

OK so that's encouraged. I wasn't sure.

There's a difference between easily attainable and blatant cash grab via what amounts to gambling.

I purchased three hypercrates, and didn't get one platinum. That's completely absurd. One platinum per hypercrate seems fair to me. 26 per crate is foolish hyperbole.

Games also shouldn't cater to rich people in any way. That's a personal opinion, but that style of gaming boils my blood. Imagine buying Street Fighter 2 back in the day and having to gamble to unlock M. Bison as a playable character.

I also have a job and work 40-60 hours a week, so you can take that condescending tone and stuff it. Some of us have other financial responsibilities that don't allow us to blow lots of real money on fake items in a video game.

Fortunately, credits practically rain from the sky in this game and all of the platinum items can be purchased via the GTN without having to spend a dime of real money on CC's.

^You can't come up with anything original or even supportive evidence to help prove your "point" so you're parroting "WAH" from earlier posts: GJ.

Whales/ frivolous gamblers are the way to get what you want these days: great message EA/ BW. If any other business overpriced for meager services rendered that business would go out of business. GJ catering to people who are stupid with their money.

Edited by Willjb

Fortunately, credits practically rain from the sky in this game and all of the platinum items can be purchased via the GTN without having to spend a dime of real money on CC's.

Come on; by the time someone saves up 200 MIL for Senya' Lightsaber Pike the price will have shot up to 2 TRILLION!!!

All the time and energy, not to mention the electricity used to power your computer, lol, you're better off just buying the packs!! Whale wisely... NOT, because the drop rates keep plummeting, while the pack prices increase!

Again, GJ catering to people who are stupid with their money.

Edited by Willjb

Come on; by the time someone saves up 200 MIL for Senya' Lightsaber Pike the price will have shot up to 2 TRILLION!!!

All the time and energy, not to mention the electricity used to power your computer, lol, you're better off just buying the packs!! Whale wisely... NOT, because the drop rates keep plummeting, while the pack prices increase!

Again, GJ catering to people who are stupid with their money.

If Johnny doesn't want to buy packs or do what is necessary to earn the credits to buy that shiny via the GTN, then Johnny can live without that shiny.

Of course, that does not stop him from coming to the forums to whine and cry "FOUL!!! UNFAIR!!!!"

I purchased three hypercrates,

hate to be an ***. but at aprox $40 per hypercrate. could have gone online and bought credits in excess of 200 million.

also, i've seen those polesabers for sale much cheaper than that. just because someone lists things on the GTN doesn't mean that's the price. you can either cry and whine about someone with more than you, or find a hustle/angle that gets you what you want

If Johnny doesn't want to buy packs or do what is necessary to earn the credits to buy that shiny via the GTN, then Johnny can live without that shiny.

Of course, that does not stop him from coming to the forums to whine and cry "FOUL!!! UNFAIR!!!!"

Quote the whole thing, instead of trying to take me out of context so you can troll; LIKE WE WOULDN'T NOTICE. You're always on forum; you're like the forum gnat. You paraphrase a short quote then fully quote a long one: GJ ratajack's brain!

"If any other business overpriced for meager services rendered that business would go out of business. GJ catering to people who are stupid with their money."

You conveniently stopped right before "meager services" - in this game's case: incredibly low drop rates for way overpriced packs. You obviously are stupid with your money, since these things don't matter to you, not to mention lacking honesty in your argument. You also are ignorant in that you clearly have no grasp of the term, not to mention the effects, of "consumer demand" in the business marketplace. Just because you may fall in the demographic of (at best) a burger flipper living in your parents' basement (like so many found on youtube swtor vids who link from forum or in game), don't expect the rest of us to follow your faulty ninth grade D level understanding of economics as well as your frivolous spending habits.

Edited by Willjb

Oh yeah, sure~~~; it's raining so much, it'll take a player most of a week to just to buy decoration from a current pack!

As opposed to: WAH~, I want to be the only one with all the shinys!

hate to be an ***. but at aprox $40 per hypercrate. could have gone online and bought credits in excess of 200 million.

also, i've seen those polesabers for sale much cheaper than that. just because someone lists things on the GTN doesn't mean that's the price. you can either cry and whine about someone with more than you, or find a hustle/angle that gets you what you want

Regarding buying the credits, that's a lesson I learned the hard way. My punishment for trying to be on the up and up. Beyond that, I also wanted some of the armor sets, and had a fools hope of getting a full set with three crates. That and supporting the devs, etc.

At any rate, I'll try to haggle in the future and see if I have better luck.

That still doesn't change the fact that the drop rate is absurdly low though.

No one in his right mind will buy this pike for 200 millions. It's not happening. All those high-price items remain unsold. I regularly watch the GTN for those items. It's not happening. Sure, maybe once in a while one player gets enough credits and buys the shiny of his choice for a ridiculous amount, but that is very rare.

And let me tell you something about "whales". Let's say you have a lot of money in real life and you buy dozens of hypercrates and then you get the pike, put it up for sale for 200 millions and manage to sell it.

Then what? You already have everything in this game. There is nothing you can do with your virtual 200 million credits. So you keep it. I don't find that a very attractive play style. It's boring. No need to envy whales.

You can get banned for that.

@OP: Yeah it's disgusting how this game's cash shop and economy caters to the whales. Your best bet is to try to learn how to craft, learn how to play the GTN, save up CC from sub time or friend referrals, or any combination of those things.

Edited by Talon_strikes

I agree that this game heavily caters towards cartel whales often at a detriment to the average player. Swtor does this worse than many, if not most, other games with crappy F2P models and cash shops. As for Platinum items specifically, I don't believe they should have ever added them to the game. Those items are so far out of reach of the average player that they primarily serve as a reward just for cartel whales. Its a special class of item meant just for them.

I agree that this game heavily caters towards cartel whales often at a detriment to the average player. Swtor does this worse than many, if not most, other games with crappy F2P models and cash shops. As for Platinum items specifically, I don't believe they should have ever added them to the game. Those items are so far out of reach of the average player that they primarily serve as a reward just for cartel whales. Its a special class of item meant just for them.

/QFT

You couldn't be any more right. :(