I'll just leave this here

parsely.io/parser/stats/

Did I main a Light Sorc from 2.8-5.0? Yes

Am I salty that it's not longer viable for endgame PvE? Yeah

Did I abandon my sorc and it's 4 clones for another class? of course I did

Do the devs know it's completly screwed? yes

Have the devs done ANY class changed since 5.0 at all? not really

Will complaining on the forums make them fix it any quicker? Highly doubtful

Just pick up another class and keep moving. It sucks I know but not much we can do about it, the devs are busy working on new PvE content so probs wont start class balancing for a while

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

parsely.io/parser/stats/

Just pick up another class and keep moving. It sucks I know but not much we can do about it, the devs are busy working on new PvE content so probs wont start class balancing for a while

But why can't they do it at the same time? What...does their lead balancer also do map design or something? Are they THAT manpower starved? Where do all those countless $$$$$ go to then?

Honestly, with the amount of money they make, we should cut them NO CORNERS. ESO probably earns less for ZOS and yet...look at their expansions and patches. The point is, BW:A is Scrooge of MMO companies(most likely).

But why can't they do it at the same time? What...does their lead balancer also do map design or something? Are they THAT manpower starved? Where do all those countless $$$$$ go to then?

Honestly, with the amount of money they make, we should cut them NO CORNERS. ESO probably earns less for ZOS and yet...look at their expansions and patches. The point is, BW:A is Scrooge of MMO companies(most likely).

People stop buying the subscription for this game. Devs dont want to listen to people that have been supporting the game

People stop buying the subscription for this game. Devs dont want to listen to people that have been supporting the game

That is my idea if they don't add in the balance for 5,2. I mean, this doesn't concern me much currently(I'm playing an Assassin right now and then I plan on playing a Jedi Knight -> Adv.Class undecided), but I do want to play a BH's story as a PyroTech PowerTech, so...it will concern me. No matter what, the state of Pyro and Sorc is...deplorable and laughable tbh.

/thread

Good. /subscription

See, how easy that is...

edit: Actually much more difficult than I thought. It's not logical to quit over things that don't currently bother you. But once I'm done with my two current preoccupations...It'll be time for a Powertech(and Pyrotech to boot!), so...good luck!

Edited by Cuiwe

8.7k without bug is doable,http://parsely.io/parser/view/255181 with you can push the 9200-9500 http://parsely.io/parser/view/256209/0

also madness only 7.5....? people need to stop crying and first try things, I am **** with madness and barly know how to play it. and can do this, http://parsely.io/parser/view/255088/0 8150

Sorc needs a buff, but sorc is still perfectly viable as dps, escpially on lightning, and if you really like madness I am sure it can be made to work aswell, if you can only do 6-7.5k, it's not the class, it's you.

U are wrong. Ive been playing sorc dps for 3 years and I know how to dps. U can pull 8k on dummy, try to do it in NiM ops. Mara and sniper can pull over 10k on dummy and 8K+ in ops. Everybody can dps on a dummy standing still.

http://parsely.io/parser/operations/revan/8/HM/dps/sorcerer/madness/the-harbinger/live/0/

0 sorcs on HM Revan

http://parsely.io/parser/operations/dread-council/8/HM/dps/sorcerer/madness/the-harbinger/live/0/

only 1 sorc that got carried

and here snipers dps on the same boss http://parsely.io/parser/operations/dread-council/8/HM/dps/sniper/virulence/the-harbinger/live/0/

just cmon man. we need to stop talking about nothing (like op training dummy dps). SORC DPS IS BROKEN PERIOD.

Edited by BraverDre

Alas, they won't be buffing anything in 5,2. So...wait, I guess? You're not alone, we Vanguards / Powertechs are in the exact same spot(maybe even worse).

AP is still a pretty good end-game pve spec at least, even with range nerf, its still workable from 10m compared to actual melee, with easy rotation to sustain.

They're yummy in pvp tough, since they lack any hard defensives OR escapes.

parsely.io/parser/stats/

I really hope you are wrong, but I have had to choose to set both my pyro and sorc aside now. They were the first classes I played and my favorite after playing all of them thoroughly but I don't want to be a gimped class that is not wanted for a lot of content. I have decided to go with my snipe unfortunately to invest in not knowing if the other two will be fixed and hoping it doesn't get a nerf bat...

AP is still a pretty good end-game pve spec at least, even with range nerf, its still workable from 10m compared to actual melee, with easy rotation to sustain.

They're yummy in pvp tough, since they lack any hard defensives OR escapes.

well u know... not everyone enjoys pvp lol :D:D when eric said there'd be no class changes in 5.2 i just about cried >.>

well u know... not everyone enjoys pvp lol :D:D when eric said there'd be no class changes in 5.2 i just about cried >.>

my point is they are crap at pvp good for pve :p

Still a pretty solid HM/NiM capable spec. Easy rotation, efficient and with some leeway to get out of melee mechanics and still do decent damage.

The issues that makes them unsuitable for WZ don't matter much in high end pve.

Now if you REALLY wanted to pyro...well grab a tissue :D:D

Just watch the three stooges smiling right into our faces in today's stream...

Ehh.. people should stop buying cartel market items... These ugly reskins.. looks like devs dont wanted to listen to peoples feedback. I will stop supporting this game after 5.2 comes out if they dont buff sorc dps. Most of my friends quit the game already..

Edited by BraverDre

Ehh.. people should stop buying cartel market items... These ugly reskins.. looks like devs dont wanted to listen to peoples feedback. I will stop supporting this game after 5.2 comes out if they dont buff sorc dps. Most of my friends quit the game already..

I mean, there are nice ideas and outright nice items in those packs, It's just...it's always that detail or two that ruins them. The best example of what I'm talking is the Smuggler's jacket that was on sale(Interstellar Privateer?). It has that fugly antenna on its back. Why, just why? Then you have RD-07A Spider which is the same, but with no cybernetic crap thrown on the jacket. Yeah, some of those items are nice.

I'll return in May to play my JK(and most likely record it), but after that...unless they make Powertech fun to play again...I am afraid I won't be subbing anytime soon(ok, maybe one more month, someday to do SW).

edit: They are not going to do any balance. Wait until...< next date >, really.

Edited by Cuiwe

Now now. They said no class balancing. That doesnt really mean anything. They could still change abilities, cooldowns, cast times... ect. It wouldnt be the first time they did something without telling us. They probley do stuff like that all the time. And whats with the day before patch notes? Your telling me Eric doesnt know what is being applied until the day before. Lol common. Just like every patch, I will detect even slightest differences in any one of my abilities. I play the same toon everyday and have since christmas.

Now now. They said no class balancing. That doesnt really mean anything. They could still change abilities, cooldowns, cast times... ect. It wouldnt be the first time they did something without telling us. They probley do stuff like that all the time. And whats with the day before patch notes? Your telling me Eric doesnt know what is being applied until the day before. Lol common. Just like every patch, I will detect even slightest differences in any one of my abilities. I play the same toon everyday and have since christmas.

When they do that we still know through the people who datamine the patches. This time there is 0 class changes reported.

Even tough it wasn't in the patch note, the community knew sorc was getting a roughly 5% damage nerf accross the board when 5.0 hit.

yes, it's been since patch 5.0 + testing so at least 5-6 months that Bioware has been aware of the issue with pt and sorc dps.

still no fixes. and no plans on balancing in the near future.

so either unsubscribe or reroll to merc/mando is your only options to be honest.

I know. it sucks. It shouldn't have be this way.

however unsubscribing they really won't know exactly why people are quitting - but should be pretty obvious - galactic command system, content - not enough new content and not soon enough, class balance.

I know the game is on life support at this point - they clearly only invest in a couple of developers and some graphic people who just add new colors to existing items and put it on cartel market.

Honestly, if they aren't going to be fully behind this game, they should just shut it down instead of letting it live a long and painful death.

yes, it's been since patch 5.0 + testing so at least 5-6 months that Bioware has been aware of the issue with pt and sorc dps.

still no fixes. and no plans on balancing in the near future.

so either unsubscribe or reroll to merc/mando is your only options to be honest.

I know. it sucks. It shouldn't have be this way.

however unsubscribing they really won't know exactly why people are quitting - but should be pretty obvious - galactic command system, content - not enough new content and not soon enough, class balance.

I know the game is on life support at this point - they clearly only invest in a couple of developers and some graphic people who just add new colors to existing items and put it on cartel market.

Honestly, if they aren't going to be fully behind this game, they should just shut it down instead of letting it live a long and painful death.

But you CAN tell them why!

Did you ever unsub? There are like 4 lines asking you "Why" each in a more minute detail...

The game is always going to be out of balance. Balancing it for PvP is going to always break PvE, and vice versa.

If they would make PvP gear, stats and abilities wholly different than PvE, then it would be possible to tweak one without adversely affecting the other.

Until then, all you PvPers whining about how one class kicked your butt in a match and therefore must be nerfed, is why the game is so far out of whack now.

Will they eventually fix it? I'm not holding my breath....

Archon Decarabia