The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please Buff Sorc/Sage DPS

BraverDre

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madness causes a lot of pain tbh... probably strongest dot damage in the game ...while sin on hist dot spec are useless unles u are very well with the rotation, madness sorc from 30m can give you a lot of pain...

Madness sorc can still do well on the scoreboard in regs but if you don't understand why madness sorc is currently UP then you don't understand pvp (universal you btw :) ).

6 healers.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz that must have been extremely boring.

Yes it was, I pretty much just stood in one spot and attacked a healer, essentially just doing the PVE rotation. I don't think I had to force barrier or PW at all, I did however have to use consuming darkness a few times lol.

Edited by Romeugues

Sage/Sorcs DPS is very low. It's bad in pve and pvp.

With 5.0 Lightning and Madness have been nerfed pretty hard. I spent so many tokens to create lvl 60 sorcs in 4.0 and now I feel like I wasted my money. Please EA/Bioware give us a chance to play NiP raids as DPS Sorcs/Sages in 5.2.

I agree completely. As a DPS sorc/sage you get utterly laughed at and asked if your trolling/throwing if you try to queue up for solo ranked. The dps is about 1k under Merc/Snipers/Maras in PVE ops groups. The class has been pigeonholed into having to do SM ops and WZ's. Why there is such a class unbalance right now is beyond me and it needs to be fixed. It's just shameful and lazy on the developer's part not to balance.

Sage/Sorcs DPS is very low. It's bad in pve and pvp.

With 5.0 Lightning and Madness have been nerfed pretty hard. I spent so many tokens to create lvl 60 sorcs in 4.0 and now I feel like I wasted my money. Please EA/Bioware give us a chance to play NiP raids as DPS Sorcs/Sages in 5.2.

You should post in general discussion as Bioware hardly pays attention here, maybe there. With solid evidence (dps charts/ raid statistics) to show your point.

Lightning/ Tele is still ok if you know how to bug (which is still unfortunate)...you can go to and at about 9k dps with lightning/ tele.

Madness / balance is another story...you can hardly get over 8k in bis gear with it and very very slow ramp up time with the dot application.

You should post in general discussion as Bioware hardly pays attention here, maybe there. With solid evidence (dps charts/ raid statistics) to show your point.

Lightning/ Tele is still ok if you know how to bug (which is still unfortunate)...you can go to and at about 9k dps with lightning/ tele.

Madness / balance is another story...you can hardly get over 8k in bis gear with it and very very slow ramp up time with the dot application.

tought that bug had been fixed, pretty sure someone reported they weren't bugging anymore at start of 5.0 at least.

And you can be sure BW is aware of where sorc dps is, and they frankly dont care. Even if you arrived with a 212 page report with nice little color graphic and all and send it to the dev, it wouldnt change anything. At one point in a given xpac cycle they do a rebalance, but its normally mostly nerfs, very rarely buffs.

For the next one I expect mercs are going to be nerfbatted into the ground as far as their defensive goes (and they actually might nerf their damage as well, because even if its not the issue, they like going overboard) and possibly sniper's self-heal.

Then they sometimes shuffle around some utilities, change a few triggers there and there, and call it a day.

So sorc won't get better, altough a class MAY get worst than sorc is (like 4.0 sending MM snipers under lightning, which was workable. Masochism, but workable). However, at least in 4.0 madness did pretty fine.

Its not IMPOSSIBLE that they'd do something smart and revert the DoT damage nerf or something, but I wouldnt hold my breath.