Please Buff Sorc/Sage DPS

BraverDre

I don't understand the complaints about the sage/sorceress dps. I have no problem with mine. Of course both of them are augmented so that might make a difference but I don't see the problem with them and yes I do group stuff, just not pvp that much as not a fan of pvp.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the complaints about the sage/sorceress dps. I have no problem with mine. Of course both of them are augmented so that might make a difference but I don't see the problem with them and yes I do group stuff, just not pvp that much as not a fan of pvp.

I think it might mostly be something thats a problem on the higher difficulties? I am a casual who never plays anything harder then story and I don't really have problems either.

You would be correct on that story mode = complete faceroll. Pretty sure someone who had no use of hands or legs could destroy story mode content.

Subscirbers have it easy as well, Level 50 and your level gets reduced to level 36. Its plain old funny how easy it is to be over leveled in the story.

All you PvPers whining about how one class kicked your butt in a match and therefore must be nerfed, is why the game is so far out of whack now.

Will they eventually fix it? I'm not holding my breath....

THIS!!!! THIS RIGHT HERE, THIS IS WHY CLASSES GET NERFED.... has nothing to do with PvE content... its ALWAYS PvP......... Anyone remember Saber Bash? Spin Kick? Headshot? Eviscerate? Four abilities with pretty cool animations removed from the game because they couldnt be activated in a warzone... the requirement to activate these was a weak or standard target had to be snared or stunned...

PT shoulder rocket, Sin teleport, Operative kolto injection, Mara 0 meter force jump and crit heals, sniper Roll bang, sniper flash bang, any of the stuns (remember when cryo grenade, electricute, electro dart, and the jedi stun could be used at 30 meters?) ALL nerfed because someone complained in PvP

• 3 weeks later...

Both sorc dps specs perform 1k dps below than other classes. http://ixparse.com/rating/ go ahead and see for urself.

I am tired of THOSE people who say *sorc dps is not as bad bla bla bla roll merc bla bla bla*. Even powertech is better than a sorc in terms of damage ( here is pt http://ixparse.com/rating/?boss=25&m...r=rating&dir=d , here is sorc http://ixparse.com/rating/?boss=25&m...r=rating&dir=d )

SORC DPS HAVE TO BE BUFFED.

Edited by BraverDre

This spec needs a dps buff. It's not welcomed in end game pve content such as HM Revan/Nim ops

Instead of buffing this class, I'd say these people need to welcome players into end-game PVE content regardless of class or damage output. Doing OPS is not exactly rocket-science and it's quite possible to complete NiM OPS with any combination of classes, provided you have a Tank and a Healer on your team who actually know what they are doing.

Edited by saberscreen

Instead of buffing this class, I'd say these people need to welcome players into end-game PVE content regardless of class or damage output. Doing OPS is not exactly rocket-science and it's quite possible to complete NiM OPS with any combination of classes, provided you have a Tank and a Healer on your team who actually know what they are doing.

So you're saying that instead of making classes equal the other dps just need to carry harder? That sounds like a poor idea imo.

Unless your memeing intentionally, you bring your strongest specs to make it easier on everyone. Otherwise you're just selfishly wasting 7 other people's time.

Edited by FerkWork

IMHO they need to remove this disipline, and replace it with more of a Dooku noble fencer/force ability kind of ability. Give this discipline form 2 and turn all their area attacks into single target DPS attacks. Opens up the consular for 3 different flavors.

The healer, the more area themed heavy damage discipline, then a single target heavy melee/DoT styled discipline.

Again something A la carte Dooku themed. Leave madness/balanced more for Shadow/assassin.

Just my 2 credits.

As sad as it is to say, in some cases there is a far greater chance that they won't be able to meet a DPS check in a NiM fight than other DPS classes. Given tthe pool of people who are NiM worthy only further decreases the likelihood that you'd find a DPS sorc who wouldn't need to be carried to some degree.

IMHO they need to remove this disipline, and replace it with more of a Dooku noble fencer/force ability kind of ability. Give this discipline form 2 and turn all their area attacks into single target DPS attacks. Opens up the consular for 3 different flavors.

The healer, the more area themed heavy damage discipline, then a single target heavy melee/DoT styled discipline.

Again something A la carte Dooku themed. Leave madness/balanced more for Shadow/assassin.

Just my 2 credits.

Than just bring an Anni mara heh That's what they are, heavy melee/DoT styled discipline.

Inquistors aren't warriors, that's what Sith Warriors are for.

Inquistors are more force based, and Warriors are more melee based.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

• 2 weeks later...

It'd be nice for Bubblestun to be changed from the obnoxious stun it is, to a 3 second long, ~30% damage reduction buff every time your bubble pops. I think that's a decent survivability buff without being completely infuriating to everyone like it is currently. Still gives the intended effect: a buffer against attackers - but without taking control away from the other players.

Also for lightning, it'd be cool if they took some dmg from their AOE and pumped it into their big single target nuke (forget the name), and just increased the damage overall. It's supposed to be a single target burst spec, not a weird hybrid AOE spec.

Edited by QuiveringPotato

Can we all agree that sorc dps is weak? Yes we can! DEVELOPERS PLEASE MAKE SOME CHANGES!

Buff how? What is your recommendation? You can't just say, buff Sorc DPs without offering a viable way of doing so. Do they increase the damage on Thundering blast?

Do they reduce the cool-down of thundering blast?

or... what?

That's nice DPS but I don't see the understand the need for some Sorc/sage players to defend the class , if you can do those kind of numbers on a Sorc you can do significantly better (single target) on another class and the actual burst of Lightning is not in a very good spot, every other burst spec bursts harder.

Dps sorcs continues to be a class that can get good scoreboard numbers if not focused but 1 or 2 them tunneling you is not a huge concern compared to other dps classes.

Edited by Romeugues