Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why Is Parse Censored in Chat?

Damedius

My personal favorite was Saturday would trip the censoring. Might well still, but I turned the filter off...
That reminds me of the time SWG cranked up their filters a little too high and you suddenly couldn't craft "Sturdy Boots" with their default name anymore.

Turn off the filter in your client.. end of problem.

Others.. who feel some words are offensive to them.. can leave the filter on if they like. Just means you cannot grief them with words you consider harmless, yet they consider offensive.

Yes, British spellings of words are always funny. :rolleyes:

"Arse" sounds like the way you'd say <that other word meaning butt> with a classy British accent.

And just why are the profanity filters different on the forums than in game?

Edited by eriksarcasm

I discovered recently that "Shooter" is censored. There are NPCs names "<Something> Shooter" in Explosive Conflict and you can't refer to them in that without being starred out.

Cause Hooters is too awesome for this game...

But not the forums.

Edited by Psychopyro

There's alot more of this nonsense. Just as an example: The german word "pr*ckelnd", which would be translated as sparkling(as in sparkling water) which also has a meaning similar to "good" or even "awesome"(yeah, I know, germans :D) is censored on the forums because, well, it contains pr*ck :rolleyes:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.