Guys playing Guy characters... Why would you?

VisionStorm

They're ugly, they're dull, and given the limited appearance customization options you'll be hard pressed to actually make them look bad-***, and even if you do, you'll still be staring at another guy's butt 80% of the time (vs. 90% in MMOs will no extensive cool dialogs with voice overs for almost every mission).

Inspired by this thread here... Guys playing girl characters /Discuss :p

PS: This is mostly just a joke thread about why people would even care what type of other people play.

I make my character as ugly as possible.

People who try to make their character *bad**** are a dime a dozen. I like being unique. I pick the ugliest armor choices, I pick the ugliest character choices (body type 4 is pro btw).

Screw looking like some "emo wanna go cut my wrists but i'm too much of a wuss to do it" dude

If you keep looking at your Characters Butt, doesn't matter if it's a Male or Female you are in serious trouble. I usually you know, play the game instead.... Why would you look at the butt of a character in a game? You are wierd...

And making Women chars as a Man is wierd too.

Edited by Tiriensoul

In every game with a CC i make my toon look as much like me as possible, it's me in this universe, as the tag line goes it's MY star wars saga not some chick that happens to look cool. Edited by Adryn

If you keep looking at your Characters Butt, doesn't matter if it's a Male or Female you are in serious trouble. I usually you know, play the game instead.... Why would you look at the butt of a character in a game? You are wierd...

Well, to be fair, the butts in this game are simply fantastic. The butts on everyone. Butts all around!

In every game with a CC i make my toon look as much like me as possible, it's me in this universe, as the tag line goes it's MY star wars saga not some chick that happens to look cool.

So thats why they have the over weight dudes in this game :p

My trooper has a 6 pack.

I go topless and /dance.

It makes me happy and inspires me to exercise during loading screens!

hahaha!

srsly tho, stupid thread. my guy looks awesome. does the OP not like sports or something? what's wrong w/admiring athleticism or the way your MALE character looks? i play a chiss bounty hunter, he's a mean lookin sun of a gun w/an army crew cut and red eyes. he looks awesome in full heavy armor.

i don't really wanna see two ******* on my character.

i'm sure guys who play guys, do so. because it is easier to them to relate to a male character. for a roleplaying perspective is also easy. they view their characters as a representation of themselves in the virtual world, therefore a female character woulden't add much into that, as far the inmersion they want to achieve.

i'm a female gamer myself, and i find very odd, to play as a male character. at least i have no other alternative. i have nothing or very little to relate to , with a male character , mentaly or phisically. this is how many guys feel.

the guys who pick female characters in order to avoid looking into a male's butt. got some serious serious but serious insecurity issues. why would someone need to stare at a bunch of pixels to get arosed with? that is beyond me. if the reason you have for playing a female character in a mmo, is to stare at your char butt. you should iether try getting a girlfriend irl asap. or get some profesional help.

Edited by Ariadna

perhaps deep down they want to be females?P:p

Different voice actors and usually different speech options, so I often role both sexes. I know I will create a female trooper just to hear the woman who does fem Shepard's voice acting. I love her work, IMO she did a better job then the male Shepard in Mass Effect. I do agree that generally the female avatars look better. You're right the male force users don't look that badazz, but my male Zabriek Bounty Hunter sure does.

They're ugly, they're dull, and given the limited appearance customization options you'll be hard pressed to actually make them look bad-***, and even if you do, you'll still be staring at another guy's butt 80% of the time (vs. 90% in MMOs will no extensive cool dialogs with voice overs for almost every mission).

Inspired by this thread here... Guys playing girl characters /Discuss :p

PS: This is mostly just a joke thread about why people would even care what type of other people play.

Totally agree, i rather look at a babe while i play :)

i'm sure guys who play guys, do so. because it is easier to them to relate to a male character. for a roleplaying perspective is also easy. they view their characters as a representation of themselves in the virtual world, therefore a female character woulden't add much into that, as far the inmersion they want to achieve.

i'm a female gamer myself, and i find very odd, to play as a male character. at least i have no other alternative. i have nothing or very little to relate to , with a male character , mentaly or phisically. this is how many guys feel.

the guys who pick female characters in order to avoid looking into a male's butt. got some serious serious but serious insecurity issues. why would someone need to stare at a bunch of pixels to get arosed with? that is beyond me. if the reason you have for playing a female character in a mmo, is to stare at your char butt. you should iether try getting a girlfriend irl asap. or get some profesional help.

Good post all the way around.

I have a confession to make...

The pants in this game are so freaking tight that in cutscenes I find my eyes automatically drifting to character butts and crotches. Even to males, and I am a straight male. I think it's the "is something actually going to show?" mindset that makes my eyes naturally wander lol.

My trooper has a 6 pack.

I go topless and /dance.

It makes me happy and inspires me to exercise during loading screens!

lol, probably the bestest reason to play a male character Ive seen so far. MMO's make us lazy and we need to work out lots if you we don't want to go fat from sitting on our butts all day long :p

PS: As for the comments about looking at a bunch of pixelated butts, the butt reference is a joke comment because it always seems to come up at some point when people fall into the trap of trying to explain why they play female over male toons if they're male in real life.

That being said, the "if looking at a bunch of pixels makes you aroused you need help" rationale pretty much applies to looking at online **** (erm, "pictures of naked people", since the word is filtered :rolleyes:), which I sort of guess people that do also need help. But point is a picture is a picture regardless, so it sort of makes me wonder at what point does it become ok to look at a butt? Especially considering that even if it was a real butt, I'm sure there would still be people that found an issue with it because I think this has more to do with people's sexual insecurities in general than about when its right or wrong to look at a butt.

Edited by VisionStorm

I'm not playing fashion parade online so it doesn't matter to me what my gear looks like, or what my toon looks like. If I want to dance topless or dress nice I will go out with my wife. I mean so what if I go to the beach and people start asking about the wookie in the speedo. Grooowrrrr rorrrrwr! Edited by urtha