Increase weekly CXP reward

bgstranger

It will be a step to a more alt friendly system.

My main (and only toon I am using) is with lvl 94 and i feel tired using the same rotation over a month now.

It make no sense the weekly reward to be as same as regular mission, since you can't farm them.

HM fp - 300 must be 2000

Tactical - 200 must be 1000

Daily area - 20 must be 500

and etc.

I don't do Uprisings anymore, because i feel like i'm in PVP area. I want the art of good pulls.

If this happens, I will log on to my alts to grind all the weeklies, before i get back to my high level character.

Edited by bgstranger

Uprising, PvP, and GSF CXP doesn't need an increase.

Yeah they do to bring it to the stated one rank per hour. You may like the horrible grind/RNG but many(most likely most) don't.

IMO to make it a feasible system it should be 2 ranks per hour, then most folks could hope to attain a full set in 200-250 hours of game play. As it stands now it is a 400-500,at least, hour nightmare.

Edited by Kawiki

Careful not to increase it too much.

Then people will complain "BW is forcing me to do X".

I really laugh when I hear this. People say pvp has more CXP but since I don't pvp I will not do something I like not even for CXP. I really don't understand the mind set well I guess I have to do pvp just for more points. If I don't like something then I'm not doing it.

I really laugh when I hear this. People say pvp has more CXP but since I don't pvp I will not do something I like not even for CXP. I really don't understand the mind set well I guess I have to do pvp just for more points. If I don't like something then I'm not doing it.

The highest per hour is fractured till your eyes bleed. Ranked PvP can net a large amount if it is popping which it has already started to die out as people leave. I typically wait 10 min or more for a pop on one of the busier servers. Regular PvP you are very lucky to get in 4 per hour, it is more like 3.

Edited by Kawiki

Yeah they do to bring it to the stated one rank per hour. You may like the horrible grind/RNG but many(most likely most) don't.

IMO to make it a feasible system it should be 2 ranks per hour, then most folks could hope to attain a full set in 200-250 hours of game play. As it stands now it is a 400-500,at least, hour nightmare.

You can get 2 ranks per hour with just two people running vet uprisings. PvP gives less, but gives schematics and materials (and set pieces soon) to make up for it. GSF is less efficient to farm but is a nice change of pace. Operations are getting set piece drops soon so they'll be worth running again.

Pretty much the only thing that needs a buff is FP's, they could do it by buffing the weekly+daily rewards.

You can get 2 ranks per hour with just two people running vet uprisings. PvP gives less, but gives schematics and materials (and set pieces soon) to make up for it. GSF is less efficient to farm but is a nice change of pace. Operations are getting set piece drops soon so they'll be worth running again.

Pretty much the only thing that needs a buff is FP's, they could do it by buffing the weekly+daily rewards.

Sorry but crafting schematics does not make up for it. CXP needs to increased significantly across the board. Once you start start saying things like "it makes up for it" and "nice change of pace" you have lost.

OPs probably still won't be worth it with only one guaranteed piece. The system completely blows and until they make everything worthwhile it will continue to blow.

Edited by Kawiki

That would be over 1000 for doing basically nothing. No thanks.

Current 500+ from doing CZ dailies every day already feels like it's a bit too much.

What are you talking about?

How many dailies we have - Oricon, CZ, Yavin, Section X, Black Hole and Ziost. (forgive me if i miss something).

It's 6x500 - 3000 CXP per week and you call this "too much"? It's not even a command level above 60-70.

Before 5.0, weeklies worth the reward for casuals. Nowadays, when I'm on CZ, I ignore the weekly, just run 4 needed missions that Command interface give me.

I put so many time and patience to reach tier 2 (the last 4-5 levels was so painful) and when i got my first tier 2 green pants with grade 5 comp gift and a pet, and when i look at the horizon for the next 90 levels to tier 3, it was - i just can't do it no more, create a brand new vanilla sniper and start from scratch.

The highest per hour is fractured till your eyes bleed. Ranked PvP can net a large amount if it is popping which it has already started to die out as people leave. I typically wait 10 min or more for a pop on one of the busier servers. Regular PvP you are very lucky to get in 4 per hour, it is more like 3.

The other day my guildies wanted to grind Fractured because it had the bonus thing. Christ, after the 3rd time I just couldn't do it anymore. :eek: I just went back to queueing for WZs.

Yes, it would have been more "efficient" to keep doing Fractured, but damn... the tedium factor is just unbearable.

Edited by wainot-keel

The other day my guildies wanted to grind Fractured because it had the bonus thing. Christ, after the 3rd time I just couldn't do it anymore. :eek: I just went back to queueing for WZs.

Yes, it would have been more "efficient" to keep doing Fractured, but damn... the tedium factor is just unbearable.

Exactly. I think that is what I hate most about 5.0/GC. It has significantly changed the way I play the game for the far far worse. I have always played multiple chars and done (primarily) PvP but OPs, FPs and heroics also. I am down to 2 toons and thinking about getting rid of one of them and I only do PvP at this point.

They have really borked this up.

Edited by Kawiki

It's 6x500 - 3000 CXP per week and you call this "too much"? It's not even a command level above 60-70.

CZ-198

Bonus: 450 (every day)

Quests required for bonus: 4

Completion time: less than 10 minutes

450 + 4 x 20 = 530

To do the weekly you still have to do investigate one. +20 CXP, +1-2 minutes

Total:

7 x 530 = 3710 (current maximum CXP from CZ if you want to be efficient)

Your suggestion would add: 500 + 20 = 520 (once every week)

3710 + 520 = 4230

Edited by Halinalle

Exactly. I think that is what I hate most about 5.0/GC. It has significantly changed the way I play the game for the far far worse. I have always played multiple chars and done (primarily) PvP but OPs, FPs and heroics also. I am down to 2 toons and thinking about getting rid of one of them and I only do PvP at this point.

lol, same here....

Used to play all roles on several toons. I started 5.0 with two healers, my operative and my merc. I ditched my merc already. Yes, I know. Don't care. :p

Now I only play my agent for both pvp and pve

I agree. If I play an alt or work on crafting, I feel like I'm slacking, which is not the experience I am looking for when I play a game. Legacy wide CXP would be amazing, even at current rates. I realize they are trying to slow down progression for the "hard core" players (whatever that is), but 300-600 hours worth of grind per toon feels like a job.

I agree. If I play an alt or work on crafting, I feel like I'm slacking, which is not the experience I am looking for when I play a game. Legacy wide CXP would be amazing, even at current rates. I realize they are trying to slow down progression for the "hard core" players (whatever that is), but 300-600 hours worth of grind per toon feels like a job.

My estimate is actually closer to 900 to 1200 hours of actually playing the toon at cxp earning activities (I don't pvp and I don't like the mind numbing farming of the same thing over and over, so I'm not gonna do that) to get to level 300 command levels (and NOTE from what I have seen in videos, the 300 command level toons are NOT decked out in BIS yet). And BWA wants me to pay them for the privilege, lol. It is a job. And I don't need another one. That's a large part of the reason I'm gone when sub runs out.

Edited by Ryenke

snip

I don't know why you bring all this math.

I don't want to do 15 time per day(the count of my alts) the same daily to get the numbers you give.

I want to do this once per week and get properly rewarded, like it was before 5.0.

Otherwise, everyone says that the new system benefits casuals, but this is coming from a person who don't do much ops and PVP - it's not! At lvl 94, I am with full 230 set bonus gear, but somehow it doesn't makes me happy. My place was flashpoints, mostly HM, but i haven't got a single pop after 5.0 because i don't have the time to level my tanks and healers - i have to grind with my main.

Since GF won't help me, I throw myself in HM Red Reaper and farm 900 CXP for 20 min by killing just the bosses. But it's not the same...

I can't point out for sure all the mistakes that came with 5.0, but i feel tired, frustrated, uninvolved...

Edited by bgstranger

I don't know why you bring all this math.

I don't want to do 15 time per day(the count of my alts) the same daily to get the numbers you give.

I want to do this once per week and get properly rewarded, like it was before 5.0.

Otherwise, everyone says that the new system benefits casuals, but this is coming from a person who don't do much ops and PVP - it's not! At lvl 94, I am with full 230 set bonus gear, but somehow it doesn't makes me happy. My place was flashpoints, mostly HM, but i haven't got a single pop after 5.0 because i don't have the time to level my tanks and healers - i have to grind with my main.

Since GF won't help me, I throw myself in HM Red Reaper and farm 900 CXP for 20 min by killing just the bosses. But it's not the same...

I can't point out for sure all the mistakes that came with 5.0, but i feel tired, frustrated, uninvolved...

It appears that you want to do something ONCE per week, and get rewarded as if you had done it every day.

It appears that you want to do something ONCE per week, and get rewarded as if you had done it every day.

OH, I interpreted it VERY differently.

The Weekly mission on CZ currently gives 20 cxp. But since it can only be done once a week, I think he is asking for it to give 500 instead of 20. Therefore the TOTAL weekly points from CZ (currently 3710) would be upped to 4230 .

Edited by Ryenke

I don't get this thread at all.

Before: nobody did CZ dailies because you just got a few credits/rep items (I was there in 4.0 farming the desler, place was a ghost town)

Now: they give like 3k CXP

It seems to me (ignoring the issues with GC generally) 5.0 made them more rewarding, not less.

Edited by FireFoxed