So... Whats next? The Future of SWTOR...

LordPaulusCobris

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Revan could finally be dead?? If so, this story has my vote ;)

Hello,

Yes Revan is dead... it was reunited with the "vessel" and ascended to the force plane...

No more Revan... Mediclorians have their energy soul in piece...

But... It can appears from time to time... in force ghosts to give us some good information about the Force plane and how Valkorion is making a rave party with all the dead, that our character made... (and a lot of robots too... :p)....

Best Regards,

LPC

What if KotFE/KotET -is- the mandated reboot to synchronize SW:TOR with Disney canon?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

That moment when Vader realises that we "killed" her wife and his kids....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Disney hidden agenda.... To stupidify everyone of us...

:p

LPC

Hello,

Yes Revan is dead... it was reunited with the "vessel" and ascended to the force plane...

No more Revan... Mediclorians have their energy soul in piece...

LPC

Which proofs Revan was very powerful and actually he never got killed by someone.

Which proofs Revan was very powerful and actually he never got killed by someone.

Hello,

to me one of the most powerfull force human (besides Valkorion), Mastered the Dark and Light side, brainwashed several times from both sides...

Conflicted till the end...

Best Regards,

LPC

PS: I did enjoy revan Lore... Interesting Character

That idea of the Outlander being frozen 200 years in carbonite... Great idea for KOTOR 3 IMO. Although it would have to be limited to Outlander being either Sith or a Jedi. How I would love a LS Sith storyline within KOTOR formula. I've always imagined my Revan as a LS Sith of sorts, before it became a thing in TOR. Someone who would take the power, destroy the Republic and build something greater. Make Sith into something more then a bunch of backstabbing bullies. :>

But that's off-topic. BWA don't have the manpower and funds to reboot this game, that's very obvious at this point. It doesn't have a vision how to do this either.

This game IS on life-support. It doesn't have a direction other than keeping as many subs as possible active before it inevitably dies. And I think EA makes the future vague mostly because there's not much there and many people would leave if they realized how small is the hope for serious updates that would expand the game in meaningful ways, not even speaking about new expansion.

My hope is still for the game to get decent closure (like reuniting us with crucial companions, filling some plotholes) and being laid to rest. Giving space for a new Bioware SW project. I will probably stay here to the very end, because I love this game. I love it's world and fantasy of most of the classes. And that's why I also wouldn't want it to devolve into something truly abysmal - and that's always a real danger with MMO, a game that can potentially go on in perpetuity.

Yes i have to agree with you...

The chances for SWTOR are very slim... Might get a final expansion and then call a day...

I just imagine a SWTOR 2, with a new engine like Frostbyte, incredible detail and optimization...

Amaizing allmost cgi like ingame cinematics of the quests and a real sense of bioware storytelling...

Well im having some daydreaming i supose...

Best Regards,

We should call the expansion... Return of the Forgotten MMO Content!

:rak_03:

Hello,

That would be one of the most sensate names...

Since vannilla, the real good content have been postponed... Lets made sure that the devs know that we want more Vannila content, and less Game on Rails crap...

Best Regards,

LPC

Knights of Naboo - The Rakatans create an empire on Naboo - uplifting an aquatic species by genetically enhancing them with Rakatan DNA to create the Gungans. A new galactic emperor rises - fight for glory against the new Sith Emperor Far Far Binks, the ancestor of the sith lord Jar Jar Binks who is possessed by Valkorian! Which side will you choose?

Hello,

When is expected for BWA to release the update plans for this game?

I read somewhere that was going to be a livestream from them... I sure hope they will tell that the cadence of new content it is what was said many months ago...

But im not keeping my hopes up...

Best Regards,

LPC

Thursday, January 26 is next livestream that will present some info about post-5.1 content for SWTOR.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=909690

But it will be a minimal update correct?

From what i understand the new content normally appears in 0.5 to 1.0 version jumps correct?

So no new content info or even some expansion or whatever...

What baffles me more... was bioware saying that the KOFET was the biggest expansion they have ever made for SWTOR...

Really? didn´t look that big to me... (maybe the narrow way we have to do the episodes looked like that to me...).

What was needed to go back to 3.0 content mode? I read somewhere they should kill some classes and return to the class storys but now with lesses classes...

Well in part that is not a bad idea... but ppl will not gonna be happy to see some classes go away... like the smugler, or others...

Maybe a more centric approach with just, force classes, some spys classes and some grunt classes...

I for one would like like a more focused approach by BIOWARE... stop making poor justified choices that cost time and resources... (the ships part of the game for exemple), the housing is another... This is not some asian mmo, where we need to decorate houses and put crap on them...

Give us back just a small number of companions that really have some soul to them and not some 500 skinned companions that are more empty than a black hole...

I hate when i press N and have all the garbage there... i don´t care less about the "alliance" companions... I just care about the story companions their storys and ours storys...

I still miss the epic moments when jaesa kills his master and turn dark, or don´t turn, and stay pure, and the "CHOICES MATTER", stuff...

Ohh boy... im getting emotional... like this game was a long gone relative that have go on a trip and we know nothing about it... will it return? Will it return well? ...

LPC

Hello,

Take this with a bit of salt...

I just heard from some ppl close to BW (not austin office), that will be some changes on their staff very soon...

I don´t know if its related to SWTOR or not, but i believe that the higher powers are not that happy with the way this game is headed...

For me i just wish they get more ppl and funding, to give us a proper experience, because whats the point of keeping this game a float?

What do you guys think about this? Feasable? Not Feasable? Whats next for BWA and SWTOR?

Best Regards,

LPC

• 11 months later...

sorry for the necromancy on the post but i believe that swtor need a total reboot in almost everything:

1) combat. The biggest turn off to me. I get before 8 years with WoW being the undisputed king of mmorpgs everybody tried to do something similar to WoW gameplay. we have skills that do the same thing be it dmg, stuns etc with 20 sec cooldowns. These things need to go. 10 skills max like gw2 or eso , fast pace action combat that require skill on hand rather than spamming of buttons and stats from gear. i think in a star wars game the fast paced action combat would be perfect.

2) grapihics. they look plastic and unispired. especially human models are terrible. although the kotet content have some nice models like Valkorion etc.

3) its very grindy. again an archaic WoW style thinking. every 1 step 5 more mobs with a silver one. it becomes a chore.

An entire year for a single raid is just abysmal performance. Wait, aren't we already past one year and it's still not done?

There's probably going to be more single player content with more single player expansions (for which, apparently, you have to pay subscription now, another hallmark of EA basically scamming people), which will, of course, be plagued again by the abysmal writing that was dominant in KOTFE and KOTET.

Other than that... More reskins on the CM. More ugly, bulky mounts. More sad attempts to cash in on the new canon (which is now officially fake sci-fi and complete rubbish.) And probably more new companions that will serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

But I'm not expecting anything glorious. Remember, we went from 8 stories of varying quality to one snore fest of tumblr level "writing". I mean, okay, that perfectly fits in with the new canon (where 100% perfect Mary Sues with zero weaknesses and flaws reign supreme and "strong women" are now characterized by incompetence and uselessness, aka Phasma and the vice admiral.)

An entire year for a single raid is just abysmal performance. Wait, aren't we already past one year and it's still not done?

There's probably going to be more single player content with more single player expansions (for which, apparently, you have to pay subscription now, another hallmark of EA basically scamming people), which will, of course, be plagued again by the abysmal writing that was dominant in KOTFE and KOTET.

Other than that... More reskins on the CM. More ugly, bulky mounts. More sad attempts to cash in on the new canon (which is now officially fake sci-fi and complete rubbish.) And probably more new companions that will serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

But I'm not expecting anything glorious. Remember, we went from 8 stories of varying quality to one snore fest of tumblr level "writing". I mean, okay, that perfectly fits in with the new canon (where 100% perfect Mary Sues with zero weaknesses and flaws reign supreme and "strong women" are now characterized by incompetence and uselessness, aka Phasma and the vice admiral.)

do you know whats funny? that most of the people who still play swtor are guys who fell in love with the 2 kotors and the original movies and the expanded universe. If instead of making stupid choices like the kind you wrote, EA and Bioware could instead give us more kotor style content and actually listen to the community. they dont want money or people playing their game? why they do that?

If I could give this a thousand likes, I would, but alas, I am unable to give even one.

Hello,

I do not hang here long, im a lurker, more than i am a poster...

But i have been playing and sub, since the launch 5 years ago...

Since then i have been watching a trainwreck unfolding...

I understand SWTOR did cost a lot and was underwelming compared to WOW, but what i believe at the time, EA had a too high expectations because of the IP... Bioware was a novice in de MMO space and that showed when actions where to take place.

Lol, lemme stop you there. EA didnt have high expectations, the fanbase did. Overly high expectations. And many of them still do.

Unfortunately for these fans, their expectations exceed what will happen, or is capable of happening. Too many players tend to think changes can happen overnight and require no resources, and then play the blame game when they dont get what they unreasonably asked for.

Back to war between Republic and Imperials... could everything even be on old planets... <3

How do you go back after KOTFE/KOTET? You can of course, but it makes ZERO sense after the whole Eternal Fleet thing.