Why not go back to the Token system right away?

merovejec

So again,

we are slowly coming back to the old 1 token per boss system. For some stupid reason Bioware still insists on RNG even here on the all bosses apart from the last boss who has a fixed and guaranteed drop. The real question is:

Why do this in the first place?

Yes, you have added a system where anyone doing anything (after a very long period of time) can get the best gear in the game. Ben said him self that you can "get the best rewards but have to play A LOT of the game" well if the system was made for causual, why didnt you leave the old token system there in the first place? Token system for raiders and Galactic Command for PVE/PVPers or even introduce that token system for PVPers too. Operations and Ranked require much more skill than other activities in the game and for those activities you don't even need gear.

Before I was trying to get an answer to the question of: What was the idea behind the GC system? There always must be some mission/vision, what was it? I think it was to keep players subbed as long as possible. That would explain 2 things:

1. sub needed to earn cxp

2. early nerfs to farming methods

People who really want gear will keep on doing the methods that give the most CXP, nothing else. I dont know if you really imagined that people will be suddenly doing all the activities in the game (which they have been doing for the past 4 years) to get cxp. No! They will either not get it at all cause they dont care or grind it. Well surely there is a causal player base which will slowly gain cxp with the things they do too.

The change you are making will again cause the NiM raiders to keep locks for last bosses and keep on killing them, who cares about the RNG drops on previous bosses? They will also make sales for the RP/PVE people for gear! I can already see the forum posts "SALE THREAD - END GAME GEAR"

I dont know who is coming up with these changes or ideas, but he isnt doing a good job. Instead of slowly going back to the old token system you can skip the months of torture and just introduce the old system back. Keep the GC system for the casuals and give the PVPers the system you are launching from 5.1 and were done! You can then at least see what people will do. How many people will stick to GC, how many will do OPS to get the gear. You can do an experiment to see if the players doing ops will increase or not. Also you can monitor the rank increases (which i think you do and arent happy about it).

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they scrap GC completely it is essentially admitting that they are incompetent, but if they backtrack on components of it or put in elements from the old system it makes it look like they are listening to players while still innovating with the game and adding new content.

On bit less serious note,crates are the future of the game monetization-wise when it goes full maintenance and they are getting people used to it.

You know, that made me think...to me, full maintenance mode would be the best thing that could happen to the game at this point.

It would mean no new bugs, and no new annoyances like DvL pop-ups being added. And the old bugs are never getting fixed anyway, so there wouldn't be any loss there.

Because Bioware Austin has never, in the history of this game, openly admitted to a design mistake. NEVER. Contrary to dev teams who actually care about their community, like Riot or Blizzard, who constantly tackle their problems head-on and actually try to fix them.

If they scrap GC completely it is essentially admitting that they are incompetent, but if they backtrack on components of it or put in elements from the old system it makes it look like they are listening to players while still innovating with the game and adding new content.

I know they wont scrap it, even though they should, but i just want to accelerate the whole process of introducing back the old system since thats where we are heading to.

Bioware mantra: "Never apologise, never explain."

You can also add: "Never ask the community, never test and assess feedback."

The biggest kicker is that they spent a lot of time coming up with a flawed system, and then they'll spend more time fixing it - and maybe even fixing it a third time . All the wile other projects go on hold - pushed back a couple of months over a system that wasn't broken and didn't need tinkering with. :mad:

Edited by Storm-Cutter

You know, that made me think...to me, full maintenance mode would be the best thing that could happen to the game at this point.

Yup thats the real thing now, they are able to slowly fix old bugs due to the fact that there is actually now new content :D

I know they wont scrap it, even though they should, but i just want to accelerate the whole process of introducing back the old system since thats where we are heading to.

It was not even a bad idea, it was pretty good idea badly implemented and rather that making GC great like it should be they have retreated into the past with a convoluted hybrid system which does not really work for anyone.

The biggest kicker is that they spent a lot of time coming up with a flawed system, and then they'll spend more time fixing it - and maybe even fixing it a third time . All the wile other projects go on hold - pushed back a couple of months over a system that wasn't broken and didn't need tinkering with. :mad:

They are indeed playing for time, it is to their advantage after all, I mean the changes they make takes minutes to do. They are able to increase CXP drops in a matter of minutes. Introducing tokens back is just a flip of a switch too. The fact that they put dates like 1 month for this only proves how they are extending this GC Nightmare.

Also those comments from Charles about observing the system for "months" oh man..... you see the results after the first week.

Well, I think the reason for the GC gearing is that it should take longer to get the best gear. By crafting you can have decent HM gear very fast, but for the top notch, you have to lay down more than two weeks of gaming.

Thats what I think.

Perhaps because you represent probably about 2-3% of the community. The other 97-98% of the community is fine with the system.

You can tell when someone has nothing of value to say to defend their side...they make up numbers to make them look like they speak for the majority. Keep lying friend, it appears all you have.

I, for one, don't want them to scrap the system. I like it, it just needs tweaks. I like the fact that I can get gear for doing everything in the game.

I think its salvageable as well, but I think it will take major overhauls as opposed to tweaks. CXP gain per activity needs to be better balanced, add in components to offset "bad luck", etc. Perhaps the 5.1 changes will help with the bad luck part, but I don't think its enough. It helps PVPers, but they still have to grind up the tiers. It helps raiders, but 1 token for 8 people with a % chance for others isn't enough. and something for solo/small team players.

GC itself isn't the issue for me, its the poor design and implementation of the system, namely the RNG part of it.

You can tell when someone has nothing of value to say to defend their side...they make up numbers to make them look like they speak for the majority. Keep lying friend, it appears all you have.

He also uses the classic"if you don't like it, leave" argument as well. So he has many tools in his toolbox!

The real question is: was anyone really wanting a change in gear system at all before 5.0 ? Was it really a priority for this game ?

Reading this forum for some time now, I really don't understand why they did that at all, people asks for a lot of things, in a lot of different parts of the game, but I don't remember that much of complaints about the gearing system, actually don't remember some at all. Or did I miss a huge campaign of complaints about it ?

So as I see it, backing up would be admitting the only purpose of this system is grab more money, and not making a great experience for players. That's why Irving doesn't have much more to say about it other than it is "exciting", which really doesn't mean anything at all, since the statement is totally subjective.

They won't totally go back, because it would be seen as a negative thing, by potential players and as well by EA and it's probably the main point.

I doubt the guy can keep his job if he had to completely go back on the new system he just sells them (and us).

The EA's mail send to subs in december shows that they are watching closely what's going on in this game, so a certain pression must be on the dev's, cause the reality is not succes at all for this game and the last extensions, that's why they change direction once again, focusing on multi content.

They are happy with their skinner box and if they were to scrap it, they'd need to spend more man power making content than tweaking the day-to-day QoL experience.

Cause, if you really come down and think about it, making content is really inefficient. Sure, it would make a lot of people happy, but that would be extremely short-lived. Their current method allows them to do a large amount of small tweaks for the longest term benefit for their effort.

Doesn't mean they right about doing that, just means they are prolonging the life of a teetering game.

It would mean no new bugs, and no new annoyances like DvL pop-ups being added. And the old bugs are never getting fixed anyway, so there wouldn't be any loss there.

I have been in a BW MMO in full maintenance mode. Believe me, you don't want to see that. You won't have a CM. At the end they remove the forum. You have the server crashed for hours before someone bothers restarting it. Exploiters and hackers and gold sellers are not filtered any more so the spam rises tenfold and GTN prices rise tenfold every 6 months.

Been there, seen that.

Keep on complaining, it's really working.

I logged in and saw a bunch of people on the fleet, PvP popping quickly and plenty of people on the starter planets. Everyone is happy with the new system except for a small minority of forum warriors. That's why the developers are ignoring your threads. Eventually you guys will quit and we can get the forums back to more important topics.

Keep on complaining, it's really working.

I logged in and saw a bunch of people on the fleet, PvP popping quickly and plenty of people on the starter planets. Everyone is happy with the new system except for a small minority of forum warriors. That's why the developers are ignoring your threads. Eventually you guys will quit and we can get the forums back to more important topics.

People playing the game isn't proof that everyone is happy with the system I believe you know that and you're just intentionally trying to antoganize.