Best crafting skills for influence on PVP combat

alienbomber

I'm a 42 and I leveled Armormech all the way from the start. It was a really nice skill to have until I got to 40 and bought the full set of Smuggler PvP gear. Now I mostly use it to make sure my companions have up to date gear. I would generally sell my excess stuff on the market or dump it on a vendor. I would go Cybertech since making mods for Orange level gear it going to be a huge priority.

My reusable Stim is a nice free stat boost. My reusable Adrenal adds even more burst to my opener when I need it. My reusable medpac just saves my *** repeatedly. I have the Rakata versions of all three, and they're just absurdly useful all around. Do note that they don't scale up in Warzones, and that Medpacs heal for less in warzones than elsewhere, but it's just been a fantastic profession for everything.

Cybertech. You can make so many things, armor mods, earpieces, grenades, weapon mods, speeders, droid parts, ship parts. Specifically for PVP, though? Grenades. Pyro lights up to 5 targets on fire. (Bigger than Shrapnel Bombs AOE) There is one that stuns four people, one that freezes four people. Super helpful in PVP and way underutilized.

Cybertech. You can make so many things, armor mods, earpieces, grenades, weapon mods, speeders, droid parts, ship parts. Specifically for PVP, though? Grenades. Pyro lights up to 5 targets on fire. (Bigger than Shrapnel Bombs AOE) There is one that stuns four people, one that freezes four people. Super helpful in PVP and way underutilized.

My reusable Stim is a nice free stat boost. My reusable Adrenal adds even more burst to my opener when I need it. My reusable medpac just saves my *** repeatedly. I have the Rakata versions of all three, and they're just absurdly useful all around. Do note that they don't scale up in Warzones, and that Medpacs heal for less in warzones than elsewhere, but it's just been a fantastic profession for everything.

This.

Adding 400+ surge to your whole opening rotation, plus adding over 100 cunning *all the time*, plus a 5k reusable medpac?

No brainer, Biochem.

I am biochem on my smuggler. I am also cybertech on my trooper.

I honestly do not see an advantage of being either in pvp combat.

The reusable stim to boost your stats? Bleh, the blue one is much better as it lasts 2 hours even if you die. Those are easy to make.

The reusable healthpack? For pvp maybe, but the blue one is better and is easy to make (cause it hots you after the initial heal). And I am even speculating in level 50 combat with a level 50 biochem.

The blue stuff you dont need to be a biochem to use.

Do what you want and keep rolling with it.

If you really wanted, cybertech for leveling up, so you can keep your orange gear up to date along with your companions.

The reusable stim to boost your stats? Bleh, the blue one is much better as it lasts 2 hours even if you die. Those are easy to make.

The reusable one you can pop after you resurrect every time. Somewhat annoying, although this probably is the worst perk of the reusables. Note than the Rakata stims last two hours/through death like the blue stims.

The reusable healthpack? For pvp maybe, but the blue one is better and is easy to make (cause it hots you after the initial heal). And I am even speculating in level 50 combat with a level 50 biochem.

The blue stuff you dont need to be a biochem to use.

The Rakata one is superior to the Prototype Ultimate Medpac, first of all. Secondly, do you really want to be making/purchasing that many blue medpacs for casual warzones? I pop my reusable constantly, practically on cooldown in intense games. I COULD buy a **** ton of normal medpacs to use, but do you really want to be spending that much? Could I even afford to pop that many medpacs if they weren't free? This goes for Adrenals as well. If you're the type of player who's not afraid to blow credits everywhere, you could sort have the perks of Biochem. But you wouldn't be abusing this stuff nearly as much as I've been able to.

Biochem is so incredible. Granted the reusable medpac is susceptible to the Trauma debuff, but it's still a nice chunk of a heal especially if you're spec'd 3/3 Survivor's Skills in Scrapper as you should be.

However, the reusable Stim and Adrenals... omg. The cunning from the stim is like a whole other piece of gear, and the Adrenal is just incredible for opening (Recommend the Surge or Crit one)

I'm full Sawbones and still love Biochem for the following reasons:

1) Medipacks and PvP Medipacks have separate Cooldowns Double potting is awesome!

2) Surge Adrenals are awesome! Everyone loves burst heals in PvP and PvE!

3) I have a ton of extra cash from selling consumable medipacks, stims and adrenals to non Biochems and daft players who still think Slicing is the best Crew Skill for making cash!

4) The best crafter gear is worse than the best PvP/PvE gear you buy with tokens anyway! Plus you can buy mods with all the extra cash you have leftover from selling consumables anyway!

Seriously Biochem is awesome! :D

Edited by IronFirewind

I'm full Sawbones and still love Biochem for the following reasons:

1) Medipacks and PvP Medipacks have separate Cooldowns Double potting is awesome!

2) Surge Adrenals are awesome! Everyone loves burst heals in PvP and PvE!

3) I have a ton of extra cash from selling consumable medipacks, stims and adrenals to non Biochems and daft players who still think Slicing is the best Crew Skill for making cash!

4) The best crafter gear is worse than the best PvP/PvE gear you buy with tokens anyway! Plus you can buy mods with all the extra cash you have leftover from selling consumables anyway!

Seriously Biochem is awesome! :D

I really hope they fix slicing but sadly, you are right... it's very terrible right now (I have 400 slicing, such a waste).

Im considering just pitching it and going with Biochem - what specific crew skills do you use? Is it Biochem/Bioanalysis and... UT? Or Diplomacy perhaps? I can never remember which mission crew skill goes with what.

Either way, I have a feeling I'd really like this as I'm mostly scrapper spec and end up burning through med packs, especially in PVP.

i am 50 and have max biochem, and it is definitely the best. my end/defense stim is amazing, gives me like 2k extra hp. i pop a huge surge adrenal and a crit/surge relic before i unload from stealth and ill crit 5k + easy, and it gets even better if you have the WZ dmg buff.

can swap the end/def stim for cunning if you want more dmg...can swap the adrenals for armor if u need to save ur *** and get away.

and to top it all off, i've never spent any comms on heal packs, because my purple one is way better.